General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Leah_says
Wandering Through Town

Re: Vampire Special Talents

Post by Leah_says »

I'd love to have Jasper's talent. I could make the people I love feel happy, and the ones I dislike feel sad. Yeah, that is evil now that I think about it. =(

Edward's power is definitely useful, but it would be annoying. You would never be alone with just your own thoughts because subconsciously you'd be reading everyone elses. It would be horrible if you were in a gigantic crowd. I think my head would explode. And sometimes people don't always think good things about you, so my confidence would plummet badly.
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

what is Alistair's gift?
i think its somewhere in the BD but i simply cannot recall, everything and all the different gifts of everyone just came at 1 shot. hahah.
so help, anyone? :|
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

Genevieve wrote:what is Alistair's gift?
i think its somewhere in the BD but i simply cannot recall, everything and all the different gifts of everyone just came at 1 shot. hahah.
so help, anyone? :|
I think he was a tracker, more powerful then James not as powerful as Dimitry.
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
Alice-Is-Awesome
Wandering Through Town

Post by Alice-Is-Awesome »

I thought Zafrina's gift was really cool. Wouldn't it be cool if the wolves had special gifts too?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/url][/img]
heartscreams

Post by heartscreams »

midnight_fix wrote:heartscreams wrote:
i'm still trying to understand the last part - how did Bella finally managed to do what she did? the whole bring-out-the-old-memories-out-from-her-head thing? did she apply the sameforce for the shield as for this one?
The thing with Bella is that even when she was a human she had this shield protecting her mind and just didn't know it. Edward thought maybe he couldn't read her mind because she was on a different wavelength than everyone else (like she was on am and he was only hearing fm or something like that) but that turned out to be not true. So when Bella became a vampire and became aware of the shield she realized she could control it. If she mentally moved the shield her mind became as accessable as anyone elses is to Edward. I hope that helps.
well hey, thanks for clearing that up! yea, it does help, and it makes more sense than the one i gave myself. haha!
Alice-Is-Awesome wrote:I thought Zafrina's gift was really cool. Wouldn't it be cool if the wolves had special gifts too?
yea, i agree with you! Zafrina's talent is the coolest! oh, wolves with special talents? that would make things more complicated, haha!
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

well, wolves DO have some talents.
Like super fast regeneration. Healing instantly. Thats got to count right?
heartscreams

Post by heartscreams »

hey Genevieve, um, i think talents more like Edward's or Alice's or Zafrina's. the ones you mentioned about the wolves, well those are in general, like vampires, they can smell blood flowing in your veins, or hear your heart beating, or can hear voices distances away. i hope that make sense, yes? :)
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

When I first heard about Bella's abilities - we can't escape from spoilers, after all - some people discribided as "Some sort of Lily Potter's shiled". But it's so much more than that. Not thatg Lily's protection to her son wasn't cool. But Bella's was something else. So cool to read about little Jane's frustrate attack! That certainly taught her a little lesson.

I'm curious about something. Did Victoria had some special ability? Because in the vampires index she's indicated as gifted, but I don't recall what kind of power she had.
vampluv78

Post by vampluv78 »

when bella extended her shields to include everybody why couldn't edward hear her thoughts?
[Image
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

heartscreams, hahah yeah i get what you mean.
Lunna-san wrote: I'm curious about something. Did Victoria had some special ability? Because in the vampires index she's indicated as gifted, but I don't recall what kind of power she had.
i asked this before as well, someone told me its her ability to escape. something edward mentioned somewhere about 'she has this uncanny ability to escape..'
vampluv78 wrote:when bella extended her shields to include everybody why couldn't edward hear her thoughts?
i think it said somewhere near the end, that when she extends her shield, its always the shield protecting her AND the rest, but never just protecting the rest alone. that was why she had such a hard time trying to take the shield away from her due to survival instincts so as to allow edward inside her mind at the end.
hope i made sense?