Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*Lamb*I*Am*
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Official Twilight Soundtrack

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

THANKYOU!
15 Steps- Radiohead.
I've been trying to find out what that song is! Just listening to it on You Tube now. Love it.
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Just love the soundtrack, Paramore and Linkin Park? It is a blast!!

Played the OST over and over again for like weeks and my sister was complaining that she asks if it is only CD i have here. Well, who doesn't love the soundtrack right?
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Alison wrote:
soozabooza54 wrote: My phone is so Twilight tricked out right now - my ringtone is Spotlight, and my text tone is Supermassive Black Hole. It's awesome - I wish my phone rang more! :)
YES! I am not alone. Supermassive Black Hole is my ringtone, as well. :)

LOL! Mine too! I need to set my text and email alerts-I forgot about those!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Annabanana
Wandering Through Town

Post by Annabanana »

I got decode as ringtone :P haha.
The soundtrack is amazing <3
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I know... i loves it! :) Or most of it, so that's good enough.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
WitchVamp
Settled in Forks

Post by WitchVamp »

I got the sountrack a few weeks ago and it has not come out of my car stereo. I love Rob's "Never Think" the best. I hope he does a song on each of the soundtracks. I also really like "Spotlight","Full Moon", and "Flightless Bird, American Mouth". "Bella's Lullaby" was okay. I think it could have been better.
"You're still waiting for the running and the screaming?"
-Bella, Twilight
Devious Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Devious Cullen »

My favourites are Full Moon and Eyes On Fire. I also like Rob's Let Me Sign - more than let Me Think, though they are both fantastic. But Let Me Sign just gives goosebumps if you have it turned up.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I have both versions of the soundtrack, cd and digital. I was soooooo steamed when I found out Let Me Sign was not on the cd. I don't have an adapter for my car to plug my iPod in there, so I am going to have to burn a disc of the digital copy to replace my car cd. Never Think has to be my favorite song on the soundtrack. When that guitar intro starts, my entire body just sighs. It is so fantastic.
I think I am absolutely addicted to that song because of how perfectly it fits into the movie. We know from DHN that during dinner in the restaurant is is still fighting with himself about whether or not he should try to be with Bella, even while he tries to open up to her, get closer. When you hear Never Think sung behind the dialogue in the restaurant, it's almost like you are listening to Edward's thoughts.

Edward says; "I feel very protective of you."
You hear Save your soul, Save your soul, Before you're too far gone, Before nothing can be done.

Edward says; " I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore."
You hear Baby without me you've got it all, So hold on

It was a stroke of pure genius.

I also love Eyes on Fire. If you listen to it through Bella's head, it could so totally be a conversation between Bella and Edward where Bella is telling Edward she doesn't care if he's dangerous.

And I'm not scared
Of your stirring power
See right through you any hour.
I won't soothe your pain.
I won't ease your strain.
You've been waiting in vain.
I've got nothing for you to gain.

Translation- I am not afraid of you. I won't ever be afraid of you. Don't think I am going to make this easy on you by leaving.
It's perfect.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Jazz Girl wrote:I have both versions of the soundtrack, cd and digital. I was soooooo steamed when I found out Let Me Sign was not on the cd. I don't have an adapter for my car to plug my iPod in there, so I am going to have to burn a disc of the digital copy to replace my car cd. Never Think has to be my favorite song on the soundtrack. When that guitar intro starts, my entire body just sighs. It is so fantastic.
I think I am absolutely addicted to that song because of how perfectly it fits into the movie. We know from DHN that during dinner in the restaurant is is still fighting with himself about whether or not he should try to be with Bella, even while he tries to open up to her, get closer. When you hear Never Think sung behind the dialogue in the restaurant, it's almost like you are listening to Edward's thoughts.

Edward says; "I feel very protective of you."
You hear Save your soul, Save your soul, Before you're too far gone, Before nothing can be done.

Edward says; " I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore."
You hear Baby without me you've got it all, So hold on

It was a stroke of pure genius.

I also love Eyes on Fire. If you listen to it through Bella's head, it could so totally be a conversation between Bella and Edward where Bella is telling Edward she doesn't care if he's dangerous.

And I'm not scared
Of your stirring power
See right through you any hour.
I won't soothe your pain.
I won't ease your strain.
You've been waiting in vain.
I've got nothing for you to gain.

Translation- I am not afraid of you. I won't ever be afraid of you. Don't think I am going to make this easy on you by leaving.
It's perfect.
Thanks for enlightening us on the specific lyrics and how well they fit with those particular scenes, Jazz Girl. I loved hearing "Never Think" in the background during the restaurant scene. It's such a lovely, simple, stripped down melody and it helped make that one of my favorite scenes in the movie. I thought Rob and Kristen were incredible in that scene; their angst and tension were palpable. You could see the agony he's in trying to stay away from her, but not being able to do so anymore. I hadn't noticed how well Rob's lyrics fit with this scene as well (you know how it's just a little difficult to understand Rob's lyrics due to the lack of enunciation...lol) Thanks for the clarification.

I always thought Decode by Paramore was the perfect song for Bella, when she's trying to discover Edward's secret.
"The truth is hiding in your eyes and it's hanging on your tongue; just boiling in my blood, but you think that I can't see what kind of man that you are, if you're a man at all. Well, I will figure this one out on my own... on my own.
Do you see what we've done? We've gone and made such fools of ourselves?"
I think I know. There is something I see in you; it might kill me. I want it to be true."
etc., etc.

I was kind of disappointed that they played Decode only during the credits. To me it really seemed to represent Bella's point of view, especially her thoughts early in the movie.

I am still very much in love with this soundtrack and have nearly worn it out, on my Ipod and the CD player. Now that I'm familiar with the music, it's really cool to listen to the lyrics and see how well they actually fit with the movie's scenes and themes. It will be interesting to see what is chosen for the "New Moon" soundtrack and I hope it's as well liked as the Twilight soundtrack has been.
Banner by TammyAZ
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I hope that Decode wins best song in the Oscars! It's such an amazing song it should win. With Bella's Lullaby as a runner-up.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com