Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by Lorabell »

ForJazz926 wrote:
Lunna-san wrote:Really? Camilla Belle for Leah? She's Brazilian... she doesn't look Native American to me. She looks Latin American. She's definetely pretty, but she doesn't have that "Don't-mess-with-me" look that Leah needs.

But maybe the problem is with me. Because I'm Brazilian. So, when someone sugest Reynaldo Gianecchini for Demetri or Camilla Belle, I think it's so weird. Because they don't look European or Native American to me.
I don't think the fact that she's Brazilian plays much part - I think she's a good actress. She looked really good in "Push," and very badass indeed. Kind of cold and heartless...like someone who's been forced to join fates with the man who broke her heart, doomed to follow him and hear his thoughts for an indeterminate amount of time, maybe? ;)

I am not saying she is the only person I'd enjoy in that role - but I really like what she has to offer. I think they could make her look NA, definitely. I think the acting skills, and the basic palette are the most important elements. If it were just based on who looks NA...that would be sad. I don't think Taylor Lautner looks NA, but I can't imagine anyone else in his role.
Hm, I like Camilla Belle but can't see her as Leah - there's something I just can't put my finger on, aside from the Brazilian thing - I'd love to see her as another vampire though and think she has a great "Cleopatra" look about her, which would work for one of the Egyptian Coven like Kebi!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

^^ Ooh I agree! Great idea.
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Ooooh speaking of Kebi - just imagine how awesome the cast will be for the fourth movie!! It's so exciting to think about. And very hard not to get ahead of ourselves when thinking about casting for it - they haven't even finished casting New Moon yet!

Image Image
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

I'm always thinking of people who I think would be good in BD. I think Ana de la Reguera would be great as Carmen, but that's all I'll say for now :)
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
dawn

Post by dawn »

I remember Camilla Belle from when she was in the Disney Channel movie "Rip Girls"!! :p I like her, but I agree with the point that she's not exactly Leah. Although, I must admit, I haven't seen Push. (Although I really want to!)
dawn

Post by dawn »

I just searched around on IMDB to find some actresses that would make good Leah's... and how about Minka Kelly, from Saturday Night Lights? She can pull off the heartbroken and angry aura of Leah, I think. But she also has that sweet air about her that Leah had before everything happened with Sam and Emily and her father dieing and turning into a werewolf. What do you guys think?
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

nafereti wrote: t_feva: OKA!! We have the same exact list...LOL :lol: aww yes, finally someone agrees with me!
whoa! great minds think alike! ;) :lol:
DumBumm wrote:I didn't mean like in the 60's, i meant like in the 40's/50's, but im just saying, i think they should get a more wiser guy to play Aro, because Aro is meant to be Smart, not Hot.
i agree with u. i feel like summit is trying to sex up new moon by getting young really good looking actors, forgetting the description of the character. i think thats y they might replace solomon & krys. theyre trying to appeal to young tween girls. i heard the jonas brothers might be on the new moon soundtrack. like WTF?! i dont think the jonas bros r bad, but does their music scream vamp movie to u? might as well throw miley cyrus in there as well. how can u go frm linkin park & paramore to disney kids???
Lorabell wrote: Lovin' the Sol love, t_feva! ...Though, I'm not from the US so have no background knowledge of Michael - when I first saw him, I thought it was a smart match, if they were going to do the "older Jacob" thing (thank goodness they're not!) - why does everyone dislike him so much?
P.s. I heart your icon big time :D yummy nerds *sigh*
i dislike michael copon bcaz of all the interviews i've seen and read of his. i think he's egotistical, arrogant, and extremely obnoxious. he calls new moon "twilight 2" and claims he has read the book, but he cant even get the name right. also many people who have seen Scorpion King 2 said he was horrible in it and cant act for crap.
p.s. yes i luv rpattz as a nerd. watch "the bad mothers handbook" if u havent already
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
mrs_edwardc
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mrs_edwardc »

nafereti wrote:
t_feva wrote:i'm all about the wolf pack so here's my humble opinion :lol:

jacob=taylor lautner (duh)
sam=solomon trimble
embry=krys smokey desperado
paul=eddie spearshttp://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff19 ... loud-1.jpg
quil=nathaniel arcandhttp://nathaniel-arcand.iwarp.com/cgi-b ... dshot2.jpg
jared=rudy youngbloodhttp://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2006/02/13 ... HL3841.jpg
seth=tyler poseyhttp://www.teenidols4you.com/blink/Acto ... 791407.jpg
leah=tinsel koreyhttp://pics.livejournal.com/rogue_chere13/pic/0000rggz

i think the wolfpack should be portrayed by native americans actors or at least actors that look native american, since they are described as Quileute native americans in the book (duh!) NO CRAPON! no roles for people who call new moon "Twilight 2".
t_feva: OKA!! We have the same exact list...LOL :lol: aww yes, finally someone agrees with me!

ok so maybe i agree with this list EXCept 4 embry, im sorry i just dont like the guy
and i seriously have a negative attitude about who they casted as Sam, the guy just look so DULL.urg! :?
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

mrs_edwardc wrote: ok so maybe i agree with this list EXCept 4 embry, im sorry i just dont like the guy
and i seriously have a negative attitude about who they casted as Sam, the guy just look so DULL.urg! :?
OMG!! WHAT?! You don't like Krys and Solomon?!?!?! :shock: :o
Well I understand your opinion...i think...LOL :lol:
I was the same with Solomon but after reading and watching clips about him and seeing his personality. I think he embodies the character PERFECTLY!! The guy learned the Quileute language and met with the elders to ask their opinion about how he can best bring Sam and the Quileute culture to the big screen. Plus, he gained weight and cut his hair! That's dedication right there....
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
mrs_edwardc
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mrs_edwardc »

I think that even if they got someone in the 30's, that still be okay, just as long he looks like a wise guy.
If they do cast Ben as Aro, all the fan girls are not going to even pay notice of who he is playing, there just going to see HOT Ben Barnes , which is wrong... just like i see that with Dakota, seeing her, not jane.

Well, apparently, fan girls dont even care about good acting, all they want is for somone to look hot! :evil:[/quote]

thats kinda true, but wen i first saw twilight and i saw Robert pattinson, i was like, eeeew, r u KIDDING ME? the worlds most gorgeous man alive and they cast HIM? and im a film student so believe me wen i say the guy didnt exactly do a great job of playing Edward cullen...seriously... he was so boring an distant from the character at times. edward is full of this unconscious self-confidence and wen u read the book, he has a strong presence wherever he goes. for me, rob seemed timid and fragile-looking at times.

but, NOW, of course i LOVE the guy! i think he is soooo hot! but that's because i adjusted to him, i still think that the twilight movie was done horribly. i know for a fact that i couldv done a better job at it than Catherine did. she turned it into this very police/detective kindv movie, almost as if she was doing an episode of some police drama like law and order:svu, im sorry but i did not like the movie. having said that, im still gna go out and buy the movie and the Catherine notebook thingy and the sountrack and EVERYTHING! thats because im just such a huge fan! there wasnt enough romance for me. i mean in the book they explored each others psyche much more! i no its a movie but STILL, there are ways u no. like the bio trip? unnecessary. and HOW after she told him he was a vamp, they had different clips of them discussing his life. that wasnt gud either. that pathetic the meadow scene?! [ which is supposed to be like the most significant scene!!!!! i mean, they BARELY covered that!!! :evil: arg!!! does anyone actually think of the meadow scene as an important scene wen u think of the movie? HELL NO! everyone thinks of the kiss or the falling apple or the fight scene! where was the sun? that place didnt look at all special, or as if it was 'just edwards', if u no what i mean] they cudv had one long scene of them in the meadow of them talking, instead of jumping around everywhere. there wasnt enuf romantic scenes 4 a romance story dammit!! they didnt build enuf! it was all gloom and dark. yes, there was definite chemistry between rob n krstn n im so glad abt that. but just imagn they took the kissing scene, the car-stopping scene and the end scene with james, would u still have like the movie? really? i dnt think i wudv

i think rob puts to much thought into his acting, he should just allow himself to FEEL as if he were in that position that edward was in, and everything will come naturally to him. iv read so many interviews and he always talks abt how Catherine was telling to 2 concentrate on the fact that bella is so appealing and he must look as if he's in pain - i didnt buy it.

But i completely 4gv rob coz he is just starting out with his american movie roles. he also has to remember to put on his american accent - that takes concentration, and because this was his one of his first starring roles with an accent, it definitely hindered him as he had too many things to remeber! u try remembering ur lines, ur accent, the position of the camera, ur body tension, remebering ur physical energy with ur co-stars AND all the instructions from the director. not to mention the fact that millions of people r expecting u to be the worlds most dazzling and gorgeous guy! shame man, its HARD!!! :shock: :shock:

i cud definitely see the better actor in him at times where he was moe chilled and didnt have so much pressure on him, like wen he comes in2 forks with those ray-bans :D [sigh *love*], he's himself and Edward at the same time!!!! sigh, i wish i cud hit catherine 4 not doing a gud job of directing her actors! :evil: