Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Why are we being called The Order of The Phoenix, again?
Is it because Bella is from Phoenix?
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Naureen; it took me a while to associate the two. But yes I believe that's part of it and also...the HP thread is located in "Flight to Pheonix". :roll:
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

For those of you who have read it, is Tales of Beedle and Bard really worth reading?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

YES IT IS!
Well, actually, its only five little stories, but they are really funny, and reading DUmbledore's notes provide some very interesting Wizard history, which I highly enjoyed.
And did anyone notice the lady mentioned in the notes of "Babbity Rabbity" (ferget her name...) sounds awfully like Professor Umbridge? Like its her grandmother or something...? Shockingly disturbing. One Umbridge in the world is far too much.

The Order of the Phoenix is actually a pretty common and "no duh!" fandom name, I believe.
Its Dumbledore's organization against Voldywart! Everyone wanted to join!
Therefore, it has nothing to do with Bella...
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

To your last paragraph, well duh! Everyone knows what order of the phoenix in reference to Harry Potter is. People here have been using it in reference to Twilighters who read HP, and that's what I was asking about.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I like the HP books. I think they're really good & she did a wonderful job writing them. It amazes me all the stuff she came up with and show wove some of the stuff through the whole series. It's really good but I can't read them a lot like I do Twilight. And I don't enjoy them and obsess over them either. (What can I say I love the romance!) The last time I read them was what 2 years ago when the 7 th one came out. I know I'll read them again. But it'll probably be awhile.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Beedle the Bard is amazing. Extremley short, but still very, very good.

I really need to re-read the books before the movie comes out.

I have a lot of old action figures I never opened. And a couple of dolls of them. I keep them in the very bottom drawer of my dresser drawer. haha. I also have Hedwig's Theme as my ringtone. I'm such a nerd, but I enjoy every minute of it! :D
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Ooh, HP thread. I'm rereading the books all the way through and it's a lot better the 2nd (or is it 3rd?) time round.

I saw the tales of Beedle the Bard, but I didn't buy the book in case it wasn't that good and turned out to be a waste of money. :lol:
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I personally thought Tales of Beedle the Bard completely worth it. I don't own it, but it was definitely worth the wait from the library. My favorite story was the one about the gentlemen (he wasn't a prince, was he?) who cut his heart out. I don't know why, but that one really caught my interest.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Ok all...I'm a newbie to HP land. I just started watching the movies. I'm on the third one now---I have not read the books.

I'm only watching them because I was soooooo against reading/watching Twilight and my best bud made me and well, now I'm a crack-Twilight-addict, so she figures she can do it again with HP.

I'm liking them so far. I'm all crushing on the badboy as usual---that Malfoy is hot lol. Quick questions: I know Rob shows up in the next one from what I'm told. Is he good or is he bad?

And are the books sort of like Twilight---as in, way better than the movies? If so, why? I know I liked the Twilight books better than the movie because there was so MUCH MORE detail. Same with HP?

I'm seriously becoming a geek---in the past month I've gotten into LOTR, HP and Twilight. It's bad!

Obie
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.