Alphie wrote:1. There are so many humorous quotes from this chapter. The "zingers" keep coming. Which is your favorite from chapter nine and why?
2. Do you think Bella is starting to regret that she flirted with Jacob in order to get information from him?
3. Much of the chapter centers around the phrase, "it doesn't matter". Why exactly doesn't it matter to Bella?
4. Bella is on the verge of tears once and then finally does cry a second time. What emotion do you think is largely responsible for her tears givien that we know she only usually cries when she is angry.
5. The chapter ends with the famous "three things" quote. What exactly do you think was the point where Bella fell "unconditionally and irrevocably in love" with Edward?
1)When he compares his 'vegetarianism' with living on tofu & soy milk.
2) At this point, no. She will in "Balancing".
3)I think the whole chapter alludes to that, but basically two pages. Because she was already in too deep and made up her mind regarding Edward & her feelings for him.
4) A possible broken heart from the idea that he would go away and never return.
5) I think it was when he told her that he was tired of staying away from her - that blew her mind. And then when she took a walk in the woods and realized she could not be without him. Too painful for her to contemplate.