Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by ForJazz926 »

nafereti wrote:
mrs_edwardc wrote: ok so maybe i agree with this list EXCept 4 embry, im sorry i just dont like the guy
and i seriously have a negative attitude about who they casted as Sam, the guy just look so DULL.urg! :?
OMG!! WHAT?! You don't like Krys and Solomon?!?!?! :shock: :o
Well I understand your opinion...i think...LOL :lol:
I was the same with Solomon but after reading and watching clips about him and seeing his personality. I think he embodies the character PERFECTLY!! The guy learned the Quileute language and met with the elders to ask their opinion about how he can best bring Sam and the Quileute culture to the big screen. Plus, he gained weight and cut his hair! That's dedication right there....
Do you have some recent photos of Solomon? I have to admit - I'm not sold on him either, but maybe that's because he barely made an appearance in the movie and I know nothing about him other than that. I didn't even know that Solomon was supposed to be Sam, actually. In the movie he looked skinny and sickly and...kinda old. I picture Sam as being huge, powerful looking, holding his head high, and LEADING. We need someone taller and bigger than everyone (at least at first - before Jake gets huge) that has *presence.* I'm sure he's a great guy, like you said - and I appreciate his dedication...I just think Sam needs to be a lot more than what he gave.

As for Krys - he looked okay to me. I thought he was good-looking, but again, the only thing I have to go off for him is his performance in Twilight...and did he even have a line?

Image Image
Miko Kikyou
Settled in Forks

Post by Miko Kikyou »

I just remembered another good actor who could play one of the Volturi - maybe Alec or Demetri:
Jason Dohring:
picture one
picture two

He has this psychotic look on his face ( don't hit me...xD I like JD ) and he would fit Alec perfectly, although he would be a pretty good Jasper. But we already have Jasper, so that's not an option...xD
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

Miko Kikyou wrote:I just remembered another good actor who could play one of the Volturi - maybe Alec or Demetri:
Jason Dohring:
picture one
picture two

He has this psychotic look on his face ( don't hit me...xD I like JD ) and he would fit Alec perfectly, although he would be a pretty good Jasper. But we already have Jasper, so that's not an option...xD

I think that he is too old to plat Alec. He is 27 and Dakota is like 15, aren't they supposed to be twins? Oh not that she has been cast but she is the one talking to summit so i am sure that it will be her or someone close to her age. I guess he could play one of the other vampires though.
nafereti
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

ForJazz926 wrote:
nafereti wrote:
mrs_edwardc wrote: ok so maybe i agree with this list EXCept 4 embry, im sorry i just dont like the guy
and i seriously have a negative attitude about who they casted as Sam, the guy just look so DULL.urg! :?
OMG!! WHAT?! You don't like Krys and Solomon?!?!?! :shock: :o
Well I understand your opinion...i think...LOL :lol:
I was the same with Solomon but after reading and watching clips about him and seeing his personality. I think he embodies the character PERFECTLY!! The guy learned the Quileute language and met with the elders to ask their opinion about how he can best bring Sam and the Quileute culture to the big screen. Plus, he gained weight and cut his hair! That's dedication right there....
Do you have some recent photos of Solomon? I have to admit - I'm not sold on him either, but maybe that's because he barely made an appearance in the movie and I know nothing about him other than that. I didn't even know that Solomon was supposed to be Sam, actually. In the movie he looked skinny and sickly and...kinda old. I picture Sam as being huge, powerful looking, holding his head high, and LEADING. We need someone taller and bigger than everyone (at least at first - before Jake gets huge) that has *presence.* I'm sure he's a great guy, like you said - and I appreciate his dedication...I just think Sam needs to be a lot more than what he gave.

As for Krys - he looked okay to me. I thought he was good-looking, but again, the only thing I have to go off for him is his performance in Twilight...and did he even have a line?
Well we don't have pictures but Solomon told a friend over a myspace message conversation. At Team Solomon, we got the "okay" to post about the conversation.
Here's the link: http://teamsolomon.weebly.com/1/post/20 ... pdate.html
If you click on the the blog to his myspace link. He posted the conversation he had with Sol and Sol says he cut his hair and gained weight for the role!
Please, sign the guest book. It's our petition to save Solomon for New Moon. Thanks!
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

I never quite understood why they put Sam in Twilight. Jacob doesn't hang out with Sam until he phases for the first time, and Sam is supposed to be all big and huge and wolfy already, with short hair. So even if they had decided to stray and put him in...why wouldn't they have put him in with short hair?

Before I saw anything about the cast, I just assumed those two guys with Jacob were Quil and Embry.

Image Image
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

ForJazz, Sam was in the Twilight beach scene, and was the one who said that the Cullens don't come on the reservation, Bella just doesn't remember him, because of the other things that happened that day. Solomon didn't want to cut his hair, so CH just let him keep it long.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

ForJazz926 wrote:I never quite understood why they put Sam in Twilight. Jacob doesn't hang out with Sam until he phases for the first time, and Sam is supposed to be all big and huge and wolfy already, with short hair. So even if they had decided to stray and put him in...why wouldn't they have put him in with short hair?
Yeah, I thought they messed up there too. If they were only going to have a couple of kids from the reservation, why not have Quil in the film, as they were Jacob's best friends and all? I think they should have had a host of kids, and then it would have made sense for Sam to be there, even though Jacob and his friends thought he was a cult leader. I only noticed two people from La Push, as well as Jacob. Or was that just me? :?

Saying that, I hope that Solomon comes back for New Moon. He's a good fit for Sam to me, and I think he could really pull the character off now that there's a POINT for his character in the movie. I'm not sure about Krys, as Embry - he seemed much more like Paul or Jared to me. I don't know who WOULD be a good fit for Embry, but I always imagined Quil as a younger version of Freddy Rodriguez, the guy who played Gio on Ugly Betty:
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_u ... 40_437.jpg
But I don't know how they'd make that guy a few years younger or more Native American looking :lol: oh well.

I think that Dakota Fanning could pull Jane off, but I'd have loved to have seen Jodelle Ferland, like a lot of people on here, play her instead. She just has that more dangerous, creepy look about her to me. Plus she's probably less well known than Dakota Fanning, and I think Twilight benefits from having less known names in it.
I'd love to see Jason Issacs as Aro, but he's maybe too old? I'm not sure how old Aro is supposed to be, but he looks in his late 40s/early 50s to me. Jason Issacs has that calm-yet-dangerous thing going on. But maybe Aro is younger, and it's just my brain working in strange ways, lol.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
nafereti
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:ForJazz, Sam was in the Twilight beach scene, and was the one who said that the Cullens don't come on the reservation, Bella just doesn't remember him, because of the other things that happened that day. Solomon didn't want to cut his hair, so CH just let him keep it long.
yes! Sam was in Twilight because he was in the beach scene in the books. it's just bella doesn't recognize or know that he's Sam until New Moon.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

a lot of people feel that way about solomon. personally, i like him and hope he stays as sam. i think that krys is super cute! wats ur prob? i like him and hope he stays as embry also. luv this vid of em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_JzaVH7eJM
mrs_edwardc wrote: thats kinda true, but wen i first saw twilight and i saw Robert pattinson, i was like, eeeew, r u KIDDING ME? the worlds most gorgeous man alive and they cast HIM?
true. i dont think he's the typical pretty boy, but thats wat i like about him. his look is interesting, not just some pretty face. plus i saw the other guys that were vying for the role and believe me, robert was the best pick.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

t_feva wrote:plus i saw the other guys that were vying for the role and believe me, robert was the best pick.
Where did you see that? Can I see them? I think that would be really interesting.

Image Image