Edward and Bella #1

Dont_Call_Me_Nessie
Wandering Through Town

Re: Edward and Bella

Post by Dont_Call_Me_Nessie »

janinecullenx3 wrote:In Breaking Dawn, I found that the Edward and Bella relationship had changed a lot. There wasn't a lot of cute talk and just like kissing and stuff. That bugged me. It was like a lot of it was having sex....I don't know if anyone else felt that way.

But I did think that Renesmee brought them even closer together, if possible, and that their happy ending was deserved 100%
Newlyweds tend to have sex a lot ;)

I thought it was realistic. The way their relationship changed and matured sort of went along with how they as people were changing and maturing.

I think it's funny that everyone has sort of pegged Edward as this essentially sex-drive-less individual just because he's waiting to get married and, let's not forget, trying his best to not kill Bella.
EdwardsTopazEyes
Settled in Forks

Post by EdwardsTopazEyes »

I think that Bella's becoming a vampire has definitely made the relationship stronger. I think that Bella grew a lot in Breaking Dawn, and now her and Edward's relationship seems a lot more...I don't know how to put it. Normal, maybe? I mean, Edward is definitely much more easy-going now that he doesn't have to worry about killing Bella, and Bella is a lot more confident now that she feels like Edward's equal. So now Edward and Bella feel more like a normal couple, which is why their relationship in Breaking Dawn was so different.
Love
Settled in Forks

Post by Love »

Dont_Call_Me_Nessie wrote:
janinecullenx3 wrote:In Breaking Dawn, I found that the Edward and Bella relationship had changed a lot. There wasn't a lot of cute talk and just like kissing and stuff. That bugged me. It was like a lot of it was having sex....I don't know if anyone else felt that way.

But I did think that Renesmee brought them even closer together, if possible, and that their happy ending was deserved 100%
Newlyweds tend to have sex a lot ;)

I thought it was realistic. The way their relationship changed and matured sort of went along with how they as people were changing and maturing.

I think it's funny that everyone has sort of pegged Edward as this essentially sex-drive-less individual just because he's waiting to get married and, let's not forget, trying his best to not kill Bella.
Thats why I LOVE Breaking Dawn.
Their relationship is at that perfect spot that was so fun to read.
Even though their wasn't any descriptive sex parts... I still loved getting to use my imagination ;)
His arms wrapped around me, holding me against him, summer and winter.
It felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire.
hellchick
Settled in Forks

Falling in love with edward and bella

Post by hellchick »

I fell in love with both Edward and Bella the first morning when she woke up and jump into his lap, when she told him she loves him, he held her and told her you are my life now. soooooo sweet
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I miss the protective part of Edward like when he would always shift her behind him to save her. I liked their relationship alot more in Twilight New Moon Eclipse and book 1 of BD. I don't like Bella being able to fend for herself it just loses her whole character.

But all that aside I love that everyone got their happily ever after =] And in the words of Bella they all got to go skipping off into the sunset.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

I absolutley love Edward and Bella. They are just amazing together. I was balling my eye's out when he left her in NM - if I could of jumped into the book and knocked some sense into him i would have! I also love where they went with BD - I know a lot of it got physical but I found that very powerful, that they could feel so much physical AND emotinal love for each other. And even though in BD, Bella could now defend herself I still think Edward looked after her alot, holding her back if she thought she felt week, holding her hand when they were lining up to confront the Volturi, just little things like that. And I love how SM ended the book with them, with Edward finally seeing what he meant to Bella.
EBRenesmee
Settled in Forks

Post by EBRenesmee »

The Relationship of Edward and Bella is all everyone(i think) ever dreamed of!
Its so close and so wide! If I could have a relationship like that i would murder for it! :lol: Sounds crazy but its the truth! Ok I think I wont murder because only with a vampire a relationship like that is possible! Lucky Bella!!!!
So BIG compliment to Stefenie! Its the best love story that was ever written! To discribe a love like that was impossible i thought, but I cant stop learning ;) . From Stefenie !
EBR
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

i really liked the growth of edward and bella's relationship. i wold have liked to see her become a proper newborn - for at least a month, or a week, or a night even, and see edward's strength as he faught with bella to protect her from her thirst and strength. Also to show her how strong his love for her was - when she was a new born and was not able to feel the same way for edward as her thirst overpowered her previous feelings. to love bella even if she wanted to kill him.
being newborn could have also shown her struggle at not being able to go near renesse, or love edward etc.

but then again...

poor stephenie!
i mean, with bella and edward's relationship, you have one side of the fan spectrum saying that bella is weak and needy in the relationship, or that edward is overpowering, and that their relationship is not at all sensual.

then when stephenie has bella as a strong vampire able to protect her new family, and an "equal" to edward, where they can express their desires for each other, fans say that it is unrealistic to bella's character, mary sue etc.

i loved how their relationship grw in breaking dawn. it couldn't stay innocent forever. and i love how bella went fron needing protection, to being able to protect others! it was a needed twist.
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
knikki
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by knikki »

I wanted to post somewhere and figured this would be the best forum. Did anyone else absolutely LOVE when Edward took Bella out to hunt for the first time? I really loved that part in the book, him teaching her their way of life. It was so cool :P
-Kristin
"..So the lion fell in love with the lamb.."
Image Image
CullenCrazed
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: Michigan--Wishing I was on somewhere near Edward :)

Post by CullenCrazed »

I just love their relationship!!! I jsut love th eway Edward feels so strongly hor her as she does for him!! It is just the best love story ever-and I mean ever!!
Christy