Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by t_feva »

ForJazz926 wrote:
t_feva wrote:plus i saw the other guys that were vying for the role and believe me, robert was the best pick.
Where did you see that? Can I see them? I think that would be really interesting.
this dude came in 2nd
http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos ... 1HvkE1.jpg

and i heard this guy was in the running also
http://jeremiahandrews.files.wordpress. ... ulliel.jpg

i'm soooooo glad they chose rob.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
Miko Kikyou
Settled in Forks

Post by Miko Kikyou »

Oh well, it seems like Robert was the best they could get...xD
But I still don't really like him. His face is somehow... too angular.

When I saw Solomon I was shocked - but I think he can make it. We just judge him from his appearance, but we'll see how he acts in New Moon. If they show his story at all....
mrs_edwardc
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mrs_edwardc »

Do you have some recent photos of Solomon? I have to admit - I'm not sold on him either, but maybe that's because he barely made an appearance in the movie and I know nothing about him other than that. I didn't even know that Solomon was supposed to be Sam, actually. In the movie he looked skinny and sickly and...kinda old. I picture Sam as being huge, powerful looking, holding his head high, and LEADING. We need someone taller and bigger than everyone (at least at first - before Jake gets huge) that has *presence.* I'm sure he's a great guy, like you said - and I appreciate his dedication...I just think Sam needs to be a lot more than what he gave.

As for Krys - he looked okay to me. I thought he was good-looking, but again, the only thing I have to go off for him is his performance in Twilight...and did he even have a line?[/quote]

the feelings are completely mutual hey...
mrs_edwardc
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mrs_edwardc »

Miko Kikyou wrote:I just remembered another good actor who could play one of the Volturi - maybe Alec or Demetri:
Jason Dohring:
picture one
picture two

He has this psychotic look on his face ( don't hit me...xD I like JD ) and he would fit Alec perfectly, although he would be a pretty good Jasper. But we already have Jasper, so that's not an option...xD
ok maybe not alec, i think he's too old, but damn i wish he was jasper! i mean jackson rathbone is cool and eveything, i just dont see him as JASPER, u no? he doesnt do a very good job of him, in my opinion. jasper is supposed to be mature beyond his years, and like stoic etc and 2 me jackson seems too much as if hes ACTING, theres no belief that he really is IN PAIN or is an experienced, mature vampirfe but well see how it goes...
mrs_edwardc
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mrs_edwardc »

FrighteninLilMonster wrote:
ForJazz926 wrote:I never quite understood why they put Sam in Twilight. Jacob doesn't hang out with Sam until he phases for the first time, and Sam is supposed to be all big and huge and wolfy already, with short hair. So even if they had decided to stray and put him in...why wouldn't they have put him in with short hair?
Yeah, I thought they messed up there too. If they were only going to have a couple of kids from the reservation, why not have Quil in the film, as they were Jacob's best friends and all? I think they should have had a host of kids, and then it would have made sense for Sam to be there, even though Jacob and his friends thought he was a cult leader. I only noticed two people from La Push, as well as Jacob. Or was that just me? :?

Saying that, I hope that Solomon comes back for New Moon. He's a good fit for Sam to me, and I think he could really pull the character off now that there's a POINT for his character in the movie. I'm not sure about Krys, as Embry - he seemed much more like Paul or Jared to me. I don't know who WOULD be a good fit for Embry, but I always imagined Quil as a younger version of Freddy Rodriguez, the guy who played Gio on Ugly Betty:
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_u ... 40_437.jpg
But I don't know how they'd make that guy a few years younger or more Native American looking :lol: oh well.

i dunno hey, theres just something about Gio (or freddy or whatever) that doesnt fit the part to me. he seems OLD, like 32 or somthing. and his accent, with the whole ''s'' sounds wen he talks...nah i dont see it...

I think that Dakota Fanning could pull Jane off, but I'd have loved to have seen Jodelle Ferland, like a lot of people on here, play her instead. She just has that more dangerous, creepy look about her to me. Plus she's probably less well known than Dakota Fanning, and I think Twilight benefits from having less known names in it.
I'd love to see Jason Issacs as Aro, but he's maybe too old? I'm not sure how old Aro is supposed to be, but he looks in his late 40s/early 50s to me. Jason Issacs has that calm-yet-dangerous thing going on. But maybe Aro is younger, and it's just my brain working in strange ways, lol.
[/quote]

wow that girl is WAY creepy.. she looks like the female version of the kid in the 'omen', ya id be glad to see her as Jane
Miko Kikyou
Settled in Forks

Post by Miko Kikyou »

mrs_edwardc wrote:
Miko Kikyou wrote:I just remembered another good actor who could play one of the Volturi - maybe Alec or Demetri:
Jason Dohring:
picture one
picture two
ok maybe not alec, i think he's too old, but damn i wish he was jasper! i mean jackson rathbone is cool and eveything, i just dont see him as JASPER, u no? he doesnt do a very good job of him, in my opinion. jasper is supposed to be mature beyond his years, and like stoic etc and 2 me jackson seems too much as if hes ACTING, theres no belief that he really is IN PAIN or is an experienced, mature vampirfe but well see how it goes...
That's completely my line... Jackson Rathbone does the "I'm in pain"-thing well, but I what will they do with him in Eclipse? He doesn't look like he fought the most against newborns among the Cullens. And in BD Bella thinks that every vampire would fear him...xD Well, we can't change anything now, but Jason Dohring would have been much better.^^

EDIT: Dakota Fanning doesn't look creepy enough for Jane... And she's even younger than me.xD
mrs_edwardc
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mrs_edwardc »

t_feva wrote:
ForJazz926 wrote:
t_feva wrote:plus i saw the other guys that were vying for the role and believe me, robert was the best pick.
Where did you see that? Can I see them? I think that would be really interesting.
this dude came in 2nd

wow, im SOOO glad they chose rob! damn !
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

t_feva wrote:
ForJazz926 wrote:
this dude came in 2nd

Amen to that, dear. But I've seen tons of fan works - wallpapers and icons - with Gaspard Ulliel and Emily Browning as Edward and Bella. They call them "Dream Team". I like Emily and have nothing against Ulliel, but they are not my Bella and Edward. I think Gaspard is simply UGLY and Emily is too unique.

I know that Steph imagined her as Bella. But she doesn't have that vibe of "girl on next door" that Bella requires. I'm really glad they picked Rob and Kristen (who I think it was bad directed).

About that guy from Moonlight and Veronica Mars. He's cool, but I don't think he fits as Demetri or even Jasper.And I agree... I like Jackson, but he doesn't look scary to me. I can't picture him at a newborn war, with scars. His posture was a bit military, I guess. But he doesn't seem scary or imponent. He looks... nice. "shrugs"
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

Miko Kikyou wrote:
mrs_edwardc wrote:
Miko Kikyou wrote: EDIT: Dakota Fanning doesn't look creepy enough for Jane... And she's even younger than me.xD
Exactly! I like her just not for jane jodelle ferland would be really good though, I still wanna be jane :D
Image Image
dawn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dawn »

Lunna-san wrote:About that guy from Moonlight and Veronica Mars. He's cool, but I don't think he fits as Demetri or even Jasper.And I agree... I like Jackson, but he doesn't look scary to me. I can't picture him at a newborn war, with scars. His posture was a bit military, I guess. But he doesn't seem scary or imponent. He looks... nice. "shrugs"
I don't know, I think that Jasper's character is supposed to be nice in the beginning. When Bella finds out about Jasper's history she's shocked. I think its like Alice's ferocity - you're not supposed to look at them and immediately think "she can kill me in a second" or "he fought newborn vampires". Just my opinion :)