Did You Ever Think You're Not Human?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Anarey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Did You Ever Think You're Not Human?

Post by Anarey »

For some reason I'm starting to thing we're becoming the freak-opedia of the Lexicon :lol:

To me they are different explanations for deja vu. One sayes that one of your eyes sends the message to the brain faster than the other so the image gets received twice. Other theory has to do with your brain doing a "backup" of your short time memory to your long time one and sometimes it gets duplicated. And there's also the premonition explanation, that is not the case for everyone or for everytime. I could have a dream that makes absolutely no sense to me at the moment and then live it months later, but most of the time I believe it's just my mind playing tricks on me.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Oh, I hate deja vu. It freaks me out. And it happens to me ALL THE TIME. I can't believe that my friends aren't tired of hearing me say it. It's not only that something happens and then again or seems to or whatever. I feel like the same situations happen again and again and again. And I end up having deja vu about deja vu!
I guess sometimes I dream things and then they happen.
Maybe, I don't know.
Maybe I'm a psychic and I don't even know it. Doubt it, though. Then again, who knows? Maybe I'm just really perceptive. :roll:
Oh well.
I think that means I'm still human either way.

I don't think I would want to be a vampire or any other kind of immortal being unless I had an Edward. Not Edward, per se, but my very own soul (or lack thereof) mate.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Wow, it's weird that I came across this, I've actually started thinking whether or not I was but I really don't kown. In college my roommate always use to say and tell everyone that I was a vampire. I don't know if it was in reference to my endless Lost Boys posters or that I was awake all night and slept all day while everyone one else was in class (my roommate and my other friends were envious of the fact that I liked/maybe loved the night and hated daylight) so I was always introduced as the "vampire" and I think some people actually started to believe it after witnessing patterns.

But I don't think that's the reason why I think that I may not be "human" in the sense. On a personal note, I've never been able to emotionally connect with anyone except those people that I've come across in book (for example the Cullens and other mystical people). Maybe I'm living through them afraid of something but I haven't figured it out yet, in all of my 36 years (soon to be 37 in a matter of hours) I've had only one emotional bond to someone and he had the same bond (but really accept it due to his addicitons but was told by his friends that there was something between us that they've never seen before) but then my son came and I'm emotionally tied to him but not in the same way (I can't but my mind around why, I think it may be because he reminds me to much of him and something that I lost and couldn't save).

I really don't have any friends (the one's that I thought were my true friends to the core have in essence abondoned me and have basicaly moved on with their lives and families now that it's convient for them, in my opinion). My friends have turned into my family but I don't really feel the same there either.

I think looking for that one person who I can't live without and wondering if I found him and now that he's gone, I have nothing? Yes, my son keeps me going only physically but emotionally, I feel I'm alone and will never be whole again.

Does that make me less human or unable to feel? I know after reading this the whole majority may think I need to see a therapist but psychology is my specaility, that what I majored in college and I constantly try to keep learn.

But I wonder to myself, if we do find our soul mate and then they are gone do we ever recover or feel human again?
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Feathers wrote:Hehe Deja Vu happens a lot, I'm learning. It's really fun, but I've found no way to control it, or use it all the time. Like, I don't know how to "look ahead" like Alice does, you know? Just keep running with it, and one thing you can try to develop ESP, is get a deck of cards, and facedown, try and guess the color of the card. Just make your mind blank, and go with the first one that comes to mind. If you do exceptionally well, try guessing the suit, instead,and work up to guessing the entire face. It'll really help your intuition, which will help your ESP and Deja Vu. It'll also help you, as a human-centric being, realize that 'hey this thing... this intuition, is really here' and it'll help you become more aware of it and trust it more. ;)

<3 Ren
Thanks for the advice Ren! I've been thinking about looking into this thing more. I'm going to try the deck of cards experiment. If this is something people can learn to control, I'd like to work on it. I don't know if intuition has anything to do with the deja vu, but I always go with my gut feelings even if they don't make sense at the time. I'm glad someone else makes sense of this, I was starting to feel like I was crazy.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Anarey

Post by Anarey »

skylarblue wrote: But I wonder to myself, if we do find our soul mate and then they are gone do we ever recover or feel human again?
I don't think it makes you less human, but at the same time, once you find your soulmate you will lose the ability to experience some human emotions, like true love, because you always end up feeling incomplete and even when you can love and feel conected to someone, it will never be the same. It doesn't mean that just because you feel this way, that person was your soulmate, only you can know that. But there's always this misconception that just because someone is your soulmate, he will always be with you. Sometimes they come into your life with a higher purpose, maybe your son is that purpose and the things that you will experience with him are the ones that will make you feel complete. And I know when the pain is in the soul, no psychologist can take it away. I'm no psychology major and I don't know everything in the world, but at least this is the way I feel about it, having lost my soulmate myself.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
netnut
Wandering Through Town

Post by netnut »

hahahahah i love this thread! ever since i was a little kid I thought i was supposed to turn into a mermaid some time in my life. I have webbed toes & am a very good swimmer. plus when i swim laps, i instinctively keep my mouth open for some reason!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

skylarblue wrote: But I wonder to myself, if we do find our soul mate and then they are gone do we ever recover or feel human again?

I can relate to your post a lot. I feel like I can't fit in or mesh with people. I'm never exactly on the same page as anyone, not even my own family members who are the closest to me. My true friends, which are few too, have become part of my family.
As for the soul mate thing, I did lose the person I believed was the love of my life, and I was just numb and empty for a long time. I was a shell without any contents, like a zombie. After time, I did recover, but I don't think I completely healed, I'll always have scars. I'm a firm believer that people love differently in all relationships. You learn and carry your experiences with you, and you love everyone at varying levels and forms, no two alike.
Don't give up hope! My parents married young, my father divorced my pregnant mother to be with his mistress. My mother is now happily remarried. I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though she went through a great loss, she found love again. It might not happen immediately, but it will happen!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
WishIWasACullen

Post by WishIWasACullen »

I've thought so many, many times. And not even, necessarily, for any one good reason. Just little tiny things make me feel like I'm not sometimes. Like, having a crazy sixth sense about things that are going to happen. I swear that I am able to somehow avoid and/or avert death because I've evaded it so many times. Also, after reading "Blue Bloods" I have some strange feeling that I can sense my past lives or something and I'm somehow part of some long line of memory chains or something. It's probably all just wishful thinking, just like when I found out that I couldn't go to Hogwarts after thinking for so long that I was a witch/wizard.... *sigh*
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

kl1028

Post by kl1028 »

i had the wickedest case of de ja vu the other day....its a really long story so i wont go into it but it was like the whole day was on repeat and i was really freaked out because none of it happened before...it was weird
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

I have lots of dejavu dreams, and there's actually some physics theories that could apply to it; time is choppy, and maybe sometimes it accidentally gets wrapped around itself.

I'm a scientist, Astrophysics, actually, studying it, anyway, and people find it so strange that I believe in this stuff, but it was because I started studying physics that I realized that it is capable of explaining metaphysics. We just aren't quite there yet, but by no means does it ever have proof against it.

I definitely do energy channeling and meditation and that helps a lot. Keep me balanced, that is. It's a fun line to walk. :D

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!