The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
goymer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by goymer »

So my date that wasn't technically a date has been and gone. I don't think it went that well, as far as dates go. The film wasn't that interesting, so there might have been a chnce of something happening during, but judging by her body language (and the fact there was a large tub of popcorn on the arm of the seat between us :lol: ) that was never going to happen. We had an hour to waste afterwards (bloody buses :evil: ) which I really should have used to my advantage, but no, I do my usual thing, mind goes blank when she asks me what I want to do, and I barely say a word after agreeing to whatever she says. We ended up sat on a wall eating Ben & Jerrys and a bag of doughnuts we bought for 6p (that's right, 5 jam doughnuts for six pence!) in near total silence. I missed a really good chance to get to know her better, but I just couldn't think of anything to say, so I kept quiet. If I suck so badly at going out and just being friends, how in the hell am I suposed to find myself a girlfriend? :cry:

EDIT: Oh god, I was feeling quite good until I relly started thinking about last night. Now I feel like crap :( I really don't want to go to work tomorrow in this kind of mood, even less enthusiastic about the fact L's going to be there too :cry:
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

thanks guys im gonna tell her but tell her that if she doesnt fell the same way i dont want it to get weird!! woot woot hahah
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

Marie-
Please ask him. =]

Christine-
In your past few posts you are not being fair to yourself. If you truly beleive that you can get over Andy and that he can be happy with Cara then just get this whole thing over with.. but if you honestly from your heart like him and want to be with him, and don't want him to be with Cara then I seriously advise you to talk to him. In person rather than via text. You can't beat yoursef up with those " i hope he has fun with Cara tonight.. i guess" because no way is that going to help the situation. Andy needs to know that its one or the other. I believe that if he did " LOVE' her, he would never do what he is doing to you. so he doesnt love her.
Talk to him. please.

Sam-
Oh, they like to play bassketball with my cleavage as the hoop, too. hahaha. it's annoying but I 've accquire some super speed reflex to it and block all of them.

Everything else has already been covered so I won't be redundant by answering again.

me-
friday was fun. Just hung out with two of my biffs.
Saturday was funner. We hungo out and then three other people came to her house and we left for the show. But before we left they [i]had to [/i] go influence their minds with substances while parked at some dark parkinglot that was really shady. All of them were except me and it was the scariest sensation afterewards and during it. I didn't want to get caught and be blamed for something i wasn't partaking in... but scornfully watching.
Then when we got to the show i hung out with other people while I tried to watch them like a babysitter. That was annoying too.
I only started to have fun when i forgot about them and hung out with these other friends I fonud. I had hung out with them once before and thought they were super amazing: three sisters and their brother.
So the brother Craig is totally attractive and (gets better because their family is so awesome and totally respectable because they are so nice and caring and respectful..ect. but generally good people). But he was fun to talk to. He's good people.
And tha other drummer guy my friend told me about... she was right. soooo sexxxxxxy.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Wolf-Girl90 wrote:Sam I' sorry about your cousin! That's seriously sucks! And your latin test sucks as well! At least you know you studied! Oh and by the way, it is you that posted that picture on the "What color are you eye's thread" I'm going to look like a goon if it isn't you! I left a reply though saying how much I liked them! :lol: Weird I know!
Haha, it is me. I've posted on there a few times, actually. :]
Hmm, that's an odd anecdote. I don't know what to make of that. :?

VK: What ever happened to that update you promised us?!

Keds: Listening to Pandora helps everything! Haha. And you shouldn't say you shouldn't be allowed to be with anyone. That's not true; we all deserve someone!! :)

Goymer: So what if it isn't a date. You can still have fun and get to know her better. Then, maybe soon she'll realize what she wants and it'll be you! ;)
Ugh. That sucks, but it doesn't sound that bad. Just because nothing romantic happened doesn't mean it was awful.

Christine: Good luck on your show next week. I'm sure it'll be fine. We have (HOLY CRAP) less than 2 months 'til we open and I think the actors STILL aren't off-book. And I've only learned 3 dances (partially) and 1 song!! OH MY GOD. :shock: ok, that freak out is over now... Ok, so has Dakota gone insane? Or maybe he's madly in love with you. It seems to be a trend with all the boys you know =P ok, back to my freaking out about my play-- I HAD PRACTICE TODAY FROM 10-2 and I just got a text...I FORGOT TO GO. wow, I'm an idiot. a complete idiot. ok, back to you. Joey and Tim..weirdness too! Monday was a full moon... Hmm, you and Andy alone on Valentine's day... I'd like to hear the results of that one.. ok, fate. yeah. Um, so..I love you..and I'm here, always..and you can talk to me..or rant..or not..or whatever! <3 fate is a b*tch. so is acceptance. *shrugs*

psugar: Congrats on the Honors classes. And good luck.

Jennifer: Good job on adding brad on FB ;] Gasp! he likes Twilight?! :o Oh geez, you need to stop torturing Mike, it's so cruel! :roll:

Marie: Asking Rory out! Gah! I'm excited!!!! I want DETAILS, woman! :]

chr0matica: You just made me feel old. Thanks. Hah.

Lena: I'm jealous of your skills. They usually catch me offguard. Haha. I was playing ping pong once........yeah. It was funny though. :lol:

Um, as for me, everyone is my family is getting sick. Tara has the flu and her kidneys were shutting down. She's still not stable, but she'll only have to be in the hospital for 10 days. (No news od cute nurses yet, so I guess the streak is broken, haha). My uncle (her father) had a stent (sp?) put in his heart - the artery or whatever was clogged over 90%. My grandpa had a fever and has a urinary infection. He's on antibiotics.
No boy news as usual.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
keds723

Post by keds723 »

Last edited by keds723 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
virginiax7
Learning to Love Green

Post by virginiax7 »

SHABAM! BEHOLD, my new shoes!
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the- ... ady/Detail
(I got the pink/salmon color)
They came on Valentine's Day and when I came back from my run they were sitting on my doorstep and I ran around my yard very happily for a few minutes. I wore them to the movies last night, and 5 people told me they liked my shoes. :]

Ok, semi-update:

Friday was the State swimming championships, and my school's team had a lot of people going, including a Mr. John Ewing. :] So, I dragged my friend Mallory over to the school where they were hosting it. It's a really nice private school called Westminster, and this was our conversation when we went into the bathroom:

Me: "Is this the right room?"
Mallory: "I think...this is the bathroom."
Me: "No, it can't be the bathroom. Bathroom stalls aren't supposed to have doors or locks."
Mallory: "I'm pretty sure this is a bathroom."
Me: "Nope, bathrooms don't have doors on the stalls. WAIT! I forgot we go to a totally cheap public school! That's why we don't have doors."
Mallory: "Yup. And because we don't pay $20,000 a year to go learn the same thing kids paying nothing learn."
Me: "Fo sho. And we don't have to wear uniforms, thank Jesus."
Mallory: "You'd never be able to do that. You like your clothes too much."

(DISCLAIMER: 90% of the bathroom stalls at my school have doors. They are only 4 or 5 that don't, but it's a thing that whenever we go to a nice school, we act shocked at their doors in the bathrooms.)

Anyways. That's not the point. The point, dear friends, is that I love swimming. Swimming is the greatest sport. Why, you might ask? SHIRTLESS, WET, BEAUTIFULLY MUSCLED BOYS EVERYWHERE. EVERYWHERE. Um, I'm just going to say his again: EVERYWHERE. They can't wear shirts. It's great! Whoever came up this is my new best friend, I swear. Shallow? Check. But hey, what girl would not feel a little bit excited when greeted with this sight? It's like boys when they get the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. (And I'm not saying all boys are like that. Just most of them ;])

So me and Mallory are walking around drooling, and we go inside the pool and sit down and wait for John's event to come up. He was swimming the 500 free, which ment he had to go up and down the pool 20 times. Yes, my faux-boyfriend is hardcore. I know. :] He got up on the block and it...it was a nice sight. I'm not going to lie. Mallory was like "Oh. %$#@. I mean, I knew he was hot, but not...wow. Wow." Yeah, she totally didn't believe me when I warned her. But oh well. She knows now.

He swam and did really well, yadda yadda. Then he went off to somewhere, and me and Mallory had a healthy dinner of M&Ms and chocolate bars. Then, after the swim meet was over, we were hanging around on this bench, being stupid, and I see John coming down the hall. I didn't know if he was going to say anything except for maybe a "Hey VK" and a glace in my direction, so I was a happy girl when he saw me and was like "Hey you!" and he grabbed me and pulled me up and gave me a really big hug. Mallory was laughing at the super dazzled expression on my face, I'm sure, but oh well. He talked to us for a while, and then his mom had to talk to him for a second so he was like "Wait right here. I'm coming right back" and ran off, then promptly came back and was as cute and sweet as ever. God, I'm crushin' so hard.

All and all, good night. :] I was just excited that he looked so happy to see me, and hopefully he'll be that happy to see me Tuesday in Lit too, lol!

:] I'm off to finish preping for Rocky Horror Weekend with my friend Sarah. We've seen it...maybe 40 million times on video, and Friday we're going at midnight to see it at the really weird movie place downtown, but we've got to take our toast and umbrellas and get all dolled up in our trashy clothes so we can do the time warp in the aisles (You throw toast at the screen and put up your umbrella when it rains in the movie). If you've never heard about The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Google it. Warning: this is not a movie for really conservative people.

You bring your knees in tight.
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane.
Let's do the time-warp again.
Let's do the time-warp again...

- a bit from The Time Warp

Night guys. :]
Last edited by virginiax7 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALL4TEAMEDWARD

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

Hello ppl XP And just so you all know today was Abby's B-day!

Virginax:Oh wow that sounds kinda fun. And nice shoes lol

Samajama:Oh man, that sucks. I'm srry about everybody getting sick :( hope everyone feels better!

Goymer:I have no courage talking to guys. But no worries :) I'm sure it'll get better.

*+*Update*+*
As of now...no news yet...
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

V! Those shoes are killer! Love 'em!

So There are only 15 or so pages left. This is how much I love you guys, I am reading everysingle update. Feel loved. *hugs*

So V-day, it was uneventful. Oh no I had a hot date wwith Sleepless in Seatle and SNL. It was a looong night. ;)
I didn't see Brad at all at the Science day on Saturday, nor did I see any of my friends since I was stuck at the registration table the whole time. I did get a new cellphone. Woot! CLICK
Oh another ticbit about Brad and his seemingly perfection, he cooks.
a while back before Winter break I always give out candy canes to people. Well I gave him one, and he gave me something he made. So, just another thing to add to the list. =]
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Keds & A4TE: Thanks :]

VK: Oooh, NICE shoes. And... Oh my! That sounds lovely. I'm quite jealous, you see. Like, really. Haha. Anyway, RHPS!! Huzzah! No one on the Lex ever knows what I'm talking about when I reference it. FINALLY! Haha. I'm still a virgin.. But I've seen the movie about 40 million times as well. My friends know it, but not as well as me, so I wouldn't subject them to going with me...yet. :twisted: My friend, Fior, wants to go for her birthday, though I don't understand why because I think she's only seen it once. Ok, now I'm just babbling, so I'll shut up. (Dammit, Janet. I love you...)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

keds723 wrote: contessa: That's an uncomfortable situation, but I think I would just approach her and let her know you're there for her and you're still her friend no matter what. If needed, tell her you're worried about her. If you think things are getting really bad, let someone who can do something, such as her parental figures. Because if there is abuse going on, they at least have the right to know. She might hate you now, but later she'll thank you. You may just save her life, you never know!
She's 19 so her dad can't really do anything about it, and I don't know if there is anything going on. It's just been very vibe-y lately. But thank you. I tried to talk to her about it but she was out with him (as always) so she wouldn't say much. But she has beenhanging out with the rest of us (without him) a little more, so I'm hopeful.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.