Post by Lioness Rampant »

*high fives urcoolcarrie*
yeah!!! Go blondes!!! and go Jake! :lol:
ColormeBSG
niski
Settled in Forks

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by niski »

I could not stand Rosalie in Breaking Dawn. Im Eclipse I thought I might begin to like her because I pitied her but all that went out the window with the pregnancy thing. She is the most selfish, vain, arrogant character I've ever read about. How could she sit there and watch someone die painfully with no thought at all but that she was gonna get what she wanted out of it. she also knew that if Bella died Edward would too. But none of that matters to her. And then being all mean to Jake even though he gave up his old pack, his home, almost everything to protect her family. And then she treats him badly. He could have turned around and just let Sam have them but he didn't and she still treated them with hostility. No wonder Alice likes Bella better as a sister in the short time she's known her and Edward has never given a single one of his mothers belongings to Rosalie. The only reason anyone probably wants her around is because her and Emmett are a package deal and the rest of them like Emmett.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

amen to that sister. although she probably has her good moments....or not.

but i'll say it again, i have all the sympathy in the world for what happened to her. i do not, however, believe that gives her the right to treat people badly.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Lioness Rampant wrote:*high fives urcoolcarrie*
yeah!!! Go blondes!!! and go Jake! :lol:
OH YA!! ha ha! and rosalie even handled the hair thing just like i would have. :lol: i totally would have been mad about my hair getting food in it. oh, but jacob would have died!! te he!
but the blonde jokes, oh my god. they were some of the funniest ones i've heard. i've been using them very often. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
aprilshowers
Settled in Forks

Post by aprilshowers »

After reading BD I don't know what to make of Rosalie. I thought I had figured her out at the end of Eclipse.I understood she was bitter about how never got to live her life and that she was kind of jealous that Bella had choice in the matter, that Bella was taking for granted the things in life that Rosalie never had the chance to experience. But,then read BD and I couldn't figure her out as she seemed to care more about the baby than saving Bella's life.
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

niski wrote:I could not stand Rosalie in Breaking Dawn. Im Eclipse I thought I might begin to like her because I pitied her but all that went out the window with the pregnancy thing. She is the most selfish, vain, arrogant character I've ever read about. How could she sit there and watch someone die painfully with no thought at all but that she was gonna get what she wanted out of it. she also knew that if Bella died Edward would too. But none of that matters to her. And then being all mean to Jake even though he gave up his old pack, his home, almost everything to protect her family. And then she treats him badly. He could have turned around and just let Sam have them but he didn't and she still treated them with hostility. No wonder Alice likes Bella better as a sister in the short time she's known her and Edward has never given a single one of his mothers belongings to Rosalie. The only reason anyone probably wants her around is because her and Emmett are a package deal and the rest of them like Emmett.
I totally am with you! like- completely!
ColormeBSG
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Maybe I'm crazy, but I really wanted to like Rosalie as much as the rest of the Cullens, and I felt that SM wouldn't let me. I feel like I think higher of Rosalie than Stephenie does. Granted, they are her characters and I know not every character can be good and wonderful and likeable,but she just seemed too much of a contrast to the rest of the family. I felt like there must have been more to her that we weren't allowed to see, otherwise she wouldn't be a part of the family at all. Regarding Breaking Dawn, yes, it did seem she was acting selfishly and did not care if Bella lived or died, but Bella sort of asked for this by taking advantage of Rosalie's feelings in the first place. Overall, I think I would have liked to see some more compassion from Rosalie- I like that she didn't love Bella like the rest of the family and that she was bitter and jealous- but I think it would have been nice for her to be a little more equal to the rest of the Cullens.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
dcluver04
Settled in Forks

Post by dcluver04 »

In the first 3 books she was just there. Now as I am 300 pages into BD I hate her. Though her and Jacob provide some great comic relief. She just seems very selfish, from the end of Eclipse to Breaking Dawn.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I think Rosalie is a very misunderstood character. People often misinterperet her actions, I feel sorry for her. Not only because she had to give up everything she ever wanted but because people hate her for something that deeply wounded her.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

what do we hate her for that deeply wounded her, might i ask?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...