The Midnight Breed Book Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: The Midnight Breed Book Series

Post by una »

I agree, first books are usually the best book. For me the exception is BDB, I didn't really like it until I read Rhage. Otherwise for me, Twilight, P/C, Sookie, Mercy Thompson, MB, they all caught me on the first book.

It's like GNE (my super Twin) says, that is your first taste of the mythology and characters. It is the book that hooks you. I still am looking forward to Niko's book, she sounds like a handful!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I don't really know where this belongs, but since Una mentioned it above: the ne wTV show True Bloods (that's premiering this week) is based on Sookie Stackhouse. I want to read the series, but there are no books available.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

It's a great series that I read from either Nima or Sprtygal's recommendation. I wish I could remember that far back! If there is enough people interested, I could ask the Great and Powerful Nena to start a thread. I'd love to discuss the book and the show once it starts. I thought it was a great series, a fun and quick read.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I've been reading all your posts, I've never read the series, can anyone give me a brief bio?
Oh, this is a bit off topic, but has anyone ever seen the series Kindred? I saw it on sci-fi about a week back, they were showing several episodes back to back. Maybe if there are enough interested, we can request it as a thread! Anyone know how the series ended?
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Una: Someone beat you to the punch and requested the thread a while ago.
For all of you interested, here is the thread:

True blood
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Elizabeth: I caught a couple of episodes of Kindred, and I really liked it. Julian was hotter than hot.

BDB is a series of books about vampire warriors. Smutty, great characters, emotional....not so well-written, but highly enjoyable.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Persephonie »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:I caught a couple of episodes of Kindred, and I really liked it. Julian was hotter than hot.
He was.... it's really too bad the actor died, and so young too.
una

Post by una »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Elizabeth:BDB is a series of books about vampire warriors. Smutty, great characters, emotional....not so well-written, but highly enjoyable.
GNE - this is the MB thread, silly! I will say it is WAY too easy to forget what thread you are on. I think this new Lex makes it easier to know where you are posting than the previous though!

Elizabeth: MB is similar to BDB or at least a lot of people compare them. They are both vampire warrior novels, MB is consider to have better writing than BDB, although I think MB would be a little less smutty than BDB (but not by too much). If you are interested in any of the books that are threads here on the "Flight", feel free to google them, you'll get a reviews and synopsis of them. You can also check out the author sites to get a feel for them. If you decide to read them, come back after you've read them and join our yummy discussions.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Bwahahahaha....I'm such a dork. Sorry about that Elizabeth (and Una). :lol: :lol: :lol:
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una

Post by una »

No worries, GNE - we read SO much and share so much...it's easy to get threads wrong. My worst mistake was typing a gutter response on the hash! :oops:

I wonder if Adrain will ever do any short stories, like Singh has done. It'd be a great way for us to get the story on Gideon. Maybe we should do a little letter writing/emailing??