Countries ARE really different

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Countries ARE really differnt

Post by Black »

Where do you live? Because I've never heard of an entire country of people having such an aversion to hamburger meat. There's no sense in closing down an entire chain of stores just because a few people think it's disgusting. No one is making you eat there. Live and let live, eh?
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I live in America, and it's just the area where I live, the fast food chains that come here go out of buisness after a year or two because no one eats there. It's really just my town and the three or so that border it. I don't understand how anyone could want to in the first place.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Some people can't understand why people don't want to. To each their own.

Anyway, the majority of a fast food restaurant's business doesn't come from the town's residents anyway. It comes from travelers. So as long as you still have people driving in and out of your town, McDonald's won't go out. There's no way it could go out otherwise (unless of course it exploded or something).

Drop the bomb!
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

We get tourists, but a lot of them come here for the ethnic food, and I don't care if it's open or not (unless I'm driving past on a hot day and can smell their dumpster). So really, my whole life the only people I knew who liked those places were my cousins from Nebraska, and they are soooooooooooooooooo redneck that I just always thought the two went hand in hand. (no offense to people from nebraska)
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

LOL sorry the name Fudruckers made me giggle!

Yes, there's other Canadians here! (DunnerheartsTwilight, JessicaIsIntoxicated)
WOOT WOOT DunnerheartsTwilight, I'm from Ontario too! :D

Yeah, for all of you people who think it snows all year round in Canada (yeah, those same circus freaks who think we all live in igloos lol), it doesn't snow year-round in the part of Canada that about 85% (i think thats right?) of the Canadian population lives in: near the US border! Where I live, the snow is almost all gone (for now), and it's been cloudy. Sorry, I hate stereotypes.

I have a new question: What countries are in your background?
I'm half Italian, and half Indian, yet I have never been to either country. (but I'm hoping to go to Italy next year!)

Sorry if this question ends up only pertaining to the Canadians and Americans! -sheepish grin-
Last edited by ~*teamswitzerland*~ on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
blasphemous_contessa

A lot eople on this thread already posted on the "Ethnicity/Origin" thread. But I am a true American Mutt! The child of two Heinz 57s. Who are in turn each the child of a mutt. and so have very many countries from which I can claim to hail.
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

Wow, I really need to explore the Lex sometime. I didn't know there was an Ethnicity/Origin thread! :lol:
I wonder what other threads there are I would be interested in that I didn't know existed?
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Lol, you know what's funny? I think a lot of the stereotypes so many of you hate are all in your head. I think you think that everybody thinks that when they don't. You're making yourselves angry.

You're all like WE DON'T TALK LIKE FREAKING LEPRECHAUNS!! :x
And we're like... Who ever said ya did? The only one I've ever heard saying that is you. :lol:
blasphemous_contessa

Black wrote:Lol, you know what's funny? I think a lot of the stereotypes so many of you hate are all in your head. I think you think that everybody thinks that when they don't. You're making yourselves angry.

You're all like WE DON'T TALK LIKE FREAKING LEPRECHAUNS!! :x
And we're like... Who ever said ya did? The only one I've ever heard saying that is you. :lol:

Lol. I'm from Texas and I don't ride horses or wear cowboy hats.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I'm from Ohio and I... What do Ohioans do? lol

Oh. I don't live on a cow farm and have only been to one once when I was in kindergarten.

I actually think that anyone who tries to defend themselves against stereotypes should feel embarrassed and anyone who actually uses the stereotypes should be shot for being so stupid.