General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Chapters of the Series

Post by rain.on.me »

I'll just talk about the chapters from the first book for now...

I dont like the chapter where Bella goes to La Push and Jake is telling her about the wolves and the vamps and blah blah. I just think that every part with Jake in it, throughout the entire series, is incredibly boring and its a struggle not to skip past them all.

But anyway.
I think thats the only chapter i didnt like. Oh wait! No, i also didnt like the one where Edward is explaining Carlisle's past...i think its called "Carlisle".

My favorite chapter out of Twilight would have to be The Angel. I love everything about that one.
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Favorite chapter: When Bella woke up and was a vamp, it was so awesome seeing things through her new eyes. Plus, I loved it when noticed Emmett and Jasper protecting everyone and she wondered why and then realized they were protecting them from her. Loved it! (Well, and any chapter that Edward is in makes my day...!)

Least favorite chapter(s): When Edward leaves and I'm subjected to Jacob. Sorry. He's not interesting to me, wasn't really interesting to me until BD.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
TeamEdward1918
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

I officially have a least favorite chapter...

Breaking Dawn "Sure as hell didn't see that one coming"

This is complete....and utter....TORTURE :cry: :cry:

'He stopped without warning and pivoted to face me. His expression froze me again. For a second I was just a kid - a kid who had lived all of his life in the same tiny town. Just a child. Because I knew I would have to live a lot more, suffer a lot more, to ever understand the searing agony in Edward's eyes.'

I'm seriously near tears here, and this is my second time through the book :(
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
Sleepwalker
Settled in Forks

Post by Sleepwalker »

^ read BD twice and have no idea what chapter you're referring too.

Least favorite Chapter(s) were on Breaking Dawn when Bella went to go get passports for nessie ad Jacob. Then the whole Volturi V. Cullens.
JenTheWriter

Post by JenTheWriter »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:I officially have a least favorite chapter...

Breaking Dawn "Sure as hell didn't see that one coming"

This is complete....and utter....TORTURE :cry: :cry:

'He stopped without warning and pivoted to face me. His expression froze me again. For a second I was just a kid - a kid who had lived all of his life in the same tiny town. Just a child. Because I knew I would have to live a lot more, suffer a lot more, to ever understand the searing agony in Edward's eyes.'

I'm seriously near tears here, and this is my second time through the book :(
*sighs sadly* OMG ... that's even more painful to read it the second time around. At least in that moment Jake understands the sheer pain Edward was going through.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
addictedbooklover

Post by addictedbooklover »

I find the chapter called the Angel in Twilight incredibly funny. Me and a friend were flicking through Twilight at school, and cracking up so much :D "Oh, no, Bella, no! Bella, no, Bella, please, listen to me!" Not an exact quote, but the way my friend said it :lol: Even without voice effects, it's funny :lol:
I hate the chapters There are no words for this and the Happily Ever After one.
I love too many chapters to have a favourite, though the scene in Eclipse with the wolves and the Cullens and Jasper teaching them how to fight newborns.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hmmmmm.....
I will examine this to include only chapters from the 4 original novels as published ( ie no outtakes, extras or DHN).
Least Favorite Chapter:
New Moon The End. I know it's not exactly a surprise, nor an unpopular choice for this title. But, it is not necessarily the last scene in the woods that kills me when reading this chapter. It is the three days prior, while Edward is builiding up his reserves to leave her, making arrangements with his family, being so cold to Bella to try to put some kind of distance between them before he has to shatter her. I seriously start crying from the moment I begin reading the chapter.

Favorite Chapter:
Eclipse Fire & Ice. Granted, I absolutely detest the first 5 pages, but mostly because I just want to fling Jacob off a damned cliff. But, overall, I think this chapter, better than any other, frames the characters of Edward and Jacob, as well as could open Bella's eyes a lot if she had been paying attention. And, it lets us in, just a little bit to the wonderful place that is Edward's head. Plus, I am a huge fan of absolute honesty, and this is one of the very few places in the whole saga that you get that from all characters involved.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TeamEdward1918
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Jazz Girl wrote:Favorite Chapter:
Eclipse Fire & Ice. Granted, I absolutely detest the first 5 pages, but mostly because I just want to fling Jacob off a damned cliff. But, overall, I think this chapter, better than any other, frames the characters of Edward and Jacob, as well as could open Bella's eyes a lot if she had been paying attention. And, it lets us in, just a little bit to the wonderful place that is Edward's head. Plus, I am a huge fan of absolute honesty, and this is one of the very few places in the whole saga that you get that from all characters involved.
You're so right about that chapter! Couldn't agree more :D

EDIT Sleepwalker, that was the name of the chapter: "sure as hell didn't see that one coming." It's near the very beginning of Book 2. Sam tells the pack about Bella, and Jake takes off, planning on attacking the Cullens. Instead, he sees Bella and what's happening to her. That exchange I posted is right after that, Jake and Edward are outside the house talking
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Least Favorite Chapter: Even though The End from NM was the most painful, it wasn't my least favorite. My least favorite was in Eclipse. I believe the chapter is called Ledgends, or something along those lines. It was the one that explained how werewolves/shapeshifters began. I'm sorry, but it just bored me to tears.

Favorite Chapter: Which to chose? I think I'm just going to pick one from each book. :]
Twilight: Confessions This is a wonderful chapter. It's pretty much where Twilight began, considering this was SM's dream. I love it because he's still undecided, but he loves her just the same.
New Moon: Volterra There is so much suspense. It left me on the edge of my seat; I couldn't put the book down.
Eclipse: Compromise It's the first time they really talk about their physical relationship.
Breaking Dawn: There are so many good chapters in this book. :] I really like New.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

EDIT: k so I'm going to edit my post. when I first found this thread I was like I can't pick a fav there's so many! and just listed a bunch. but after thinking about it for awhile I decided to pick just a couple from each book:
Twilight:fav: port angeles & confessions
least:nightmare
NM: fave:The Truth & The Vote
least: The End
Eclipse: Fave:Compromise
least: Legends & anytime Jacob is a jerk (and yes in my opinion he is a jerk sometimes even Bella has the Jacob she likes & the one she hates)
BD: Fave: Big Day and New
least: Waiting for the damn fight to start already (1st chapter in Jacob's book)

EDIT:I thougt of another favorite one but it's from Dark High Noon (MS) So anyone who hasn't read it stop now. K so I love the chapter after the van accident titled Visions. It's just so cool & helps explain a lot. Also I love Alice & Edwards interaction & this really shows their relationship.
Last edited by pennybug84 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson