Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Sam Uley

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss all things Sam.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
JustHuman
Wandering Through Town

Re: Sam Uley

Post by JustHuman »

Aside from Bella's opinion on Sam, I like him.
I imagine him to be quite kind but he appears to be the 'baddie' and unfriendly as he had to deal with the whole werewolf thing on his own and feeling like an outcast, which was followed by the Leah/Emily thing, which must have cut him up because he still loved Leah.
That bit reminds me of Bella and the Jacob/Edward problem. But after THAT problem Sam ends up hurting Emily, which I think he's still punishing himself for. Which is also a bit like Bella where she says she'll never let Edward see her cry another tear for Jacob.
I think that really Sam would've just wanted everything to have stayed normal, to have carried on human so he wouldn't hurt the people he loves.
'In Love With All Of These Vampires
So You Can Leave Like The Sane Abandoned Me'
- My Chemical Romance
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

The good thing about Sam is that he always seemed willing to make tough decisions. He didn't necessarily choose a path because it was easy; he tried to do what was right, even if it was difficult. That made him a good leader.

That's not to say that he didn't make mistakes. But he definitely had some grit.
Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bkwrm »

I hated the way he tried to manipulate Leah in BD. It was cruel.

I wonder what his reaction would be if (when, I hope) she finds someone else? Does he like having two women love him?

Incidentally, why couldn't she leave the pack before? Did he prevent her somehow?
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I felt sorry for Sam being the first one to change. The story about his first transformation was very sad. I didn't like how he used his authority in Breaking Dawn though. I know that he believed he was doing what was best, but hearing how he forced Jacob and Seth to submit was really awful. I was glad when Jacob broke off and created his own pack.

Leah couldn't leave the pack because she's not an Alpha like Jacob. She could switch her allegiance to a new Alpha though, which is what she did as soon as that option became available.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I feel bad for Sam Uley's love life. Leah and Sam were sweethearts, until he imprinted on Emily. Its kinda a sad story where the man can't help himself falling for someone else.

And he doesn't even have a father figure.Imagine growing up like that!

Poor sam.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

I can't believe he took away Jake's will, and was about to make him attack Bella. :(
But I felt sorry for him because he didn't have anyone to help him when he turned wolf.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jonsgirljen »

I wasn't sure what to think of Sam at first. I didn't even think that he would really be in it very much. I kinda thought that he would just be the one that happened to find Bella, I had no idea that his character would turn into such a large role. Then after it was obvious that he was going to be in a lot more, I didn't think that I was gonna like him. He seemed like he was a bad guy and kinda overbearing.

But with continued reading, as his character became more pronounced and I learned about the werewolves, I still didn't like Sam. But when I read the about the imprinting, I felt so bad for him because there was nothing that he could do. It was terrible. I really like him and Emily together. They seem to be of one mind, but I couldn't help but feel so sorry for Leah. I couldn't imagine what it must feel like to see the man that you love fall for your cousin and then tell you that there isn't anything that he could do about it. It had to be just so heartbreaking.

Then I didn't like him again in Breaking Dawn. I didn't like him using his Alpha commands on Jacob and Seth, especially since Jacob is the real Alpha. I was really happy when Jacob broke away, but even more happy when Seth and Leah followed. In the end, though, I liked Sam. All that he did, he thought that he was doing what was best.
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

I wonder how Sam felt about not being a werewolf or did he know they were shape shifters?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i have respect for sam, because he is always doing what is right, at least to him, but i don't like him, and i don't think he's a great leader. a good leader commands respect, not demands it.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...