Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

A place to discuss the cartoon and upcoming movie. Our own Jackson Rathbone has been cast for the part of Sokka.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Fo sh, Avatar thread!
Wait.
They're making a movie...? Since when?

But I like Avatar. I don't watch it very much, but when I do, its fun. I like the bending the most, just how they move. Its like a dance.
I wonder if Ben from the Egyptian coven bends like that...
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

omg yay! the avatar thread i requested! thanks so much!

anyways i think avatar is my favorite tv show ever. I just finished the series recently and i wont give anything away but the final episodes were amazing! Im really nervous about the upcoming film...i am excited to see it but so far everyone they have cast seems like a weird choice. I love jackson rathbone of course but i was really hoping they would cast asian actors so it was more true to the show. I think he will do a great job but it just amkes me a bit nervous. they cast the slumdog millionaire kid for the role of zuko which i really dont know how i feel about even though i loved him in slumdog millionaire...

oh and i kept thinking of bending when i was reading the end of breaking dawn w/ ben and wondering if other vampires could do similar "bending"
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Wow, the show has it's own thread now! :D

Well, I tend to have this.... "obsessive behavior." And this TV show used to be one of the things I would obsess about. The plot line is amazing, the characters are so unique, it's so funny and cute. I really loved this show, and I still do. I even cried on the finale! :lol:

But I didn't even know there's a movie coming out!

*Wanderer*
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

*shoots out of seat* HOLY COW! There's been an Avatar thread and I haven't seen it?

Honestly, as glad as I am that they chose Jackson to be Sokka, why the HELL would the directors want to ruin a perfectly good cartoon that was fine the way it is. Its gonna end up being like Street fighter. :/

What kind of bending is your favorite?

I love love love Earthbender! Go Toph!
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:*shoots out of seat* HOLY COW! There's been an Avatar thread and I haven't seen it?

Honestly, as glad as I am that they chose Jackson to be Sokka, why the HELL would the directors want to ruin a perfectly good cartoon that was fine the way it is. Its gonna end up being like Street fighter. :/

What kind of bending is your favorite?

I love love love Earthbender! Go Toph!
yeah Im a little worried about the movie but if they do a good job it will be really fun to see all the special effects for bending.
I really like airbending, it would be fun to be able to fly/float on the air but I can never make up my mind, i think firebending could be really cool...but so could waterbending and earthbending uhg! I want to be an avatar and do then all :)
i once took a tai chi class and pretended i was waterbending, it was fun...
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I haven't actually watched Avatar in forever, so I don't really know the entire storyline (I wonder if its on Hulu?) so I also hardly remember anyone's names... eh. :?

But I really kinda like Fire-Bending and Water-Bending the best. FIre, cuz its explosive and cool, but the grace of Water-Bending is magical. Makes Ang seem a bit like a fairy.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Thanks to ifeellikerain for point this thread out to me!

I LOVE Avatar. I watched all 3 seasons on Nick, and own the complete collection. I'm now watching the episodes with my 5-year-old son. It's a special "mom and son" thing we do. We are almost to the end of season 1.

I'm not happy with the choice of Jackson as Sokka - I just don't see it. But I also didn't think he did a very good job in Twilight. I think he has potential, but not as Sokka. I agree - I was hoping for more ethnic actors for the rolls.

Can someone list the known cast or a link to a reliable site with movie information?

My favorite element is probably water because it can do so much - healing and destruction. Water is the source of life. But Toph ROCKS! (pun intended!!)
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

^ from what I can see, they don't even have a solid cast for the movie yet. I don't see what's so hard about finding asian actors...they are plenty of talented ones out there.

I love how each power has the ability to bend even more complex things.

Water - blood
Earth - metal
Fire - lightning

But what was air?
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote: I love how each power has the ability to bend even more complex things.

Water - blood
Earth - metal
Fire - lightning

But what was air?
Hmmm, great question! Since we never saw any other airbenders besides Aang, I don't know... I'm trying to think if Aang did anything extra special with air bending in the season finale.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!