Twilight Saga Q&A

Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by Esme echo »

Not everyone has a big belly after giving birth. Women carry their babies differently. I know a woman you can barely tell is pregnant and she's back into her pre-pregnancy clothes the next day.

Something else to consider about Bella's situation is that she was quite literally starving during her pregnancy ... she didn't put on extra weight, so it's totally possible she didn't have stretched-out skin and extra pounds around her middle.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

eilatan wrote:When you change into a vamp, you're frozen exactly that way, according to a SM faq somewhere. So Bella would still look like she's pregnant, no? She changed to a vamp seconds after giving birth. So wouldn't she have a belly (she obviously has one since jake first comments 'there's no way she could have been THAT pregnant one month after the wedding)

Yet nobody comments on that fact that BELLA AS A VAMPIRE should LOOK LIKE SHE"S STILL PREGNANT (ie when Charlie visits, he would definitely notice, or J Jenk's henchman says Bella looks like a supermodel...not exactly the descript of a pregnant woman, eh?)

I get that it went with the plot, the baby coming out without Bella dying, but, I dunno, that was the biggest loophole for me.

Keep in mind, her spine was broken and it healed from the venom...so you don't freeze EXACTLY like you were...her body healed, tightened up, became hard as steal....
I mean emmett doesn't look like he got half eaten by a bear, so I think thats the reason...the venom heals and then freezes.
sillygirl
Settled in Forks

Post by sillygirl »

My question is, if Edward were able to read Bella's thoughts from the beginning, and had her blood been just as normal as everybody else's. Would Edward still have been so madly in love with Bella, thinking she is the most beautiful person alive.

Or even if he were able to read her her thoughts, and her blood was normal. Or the other way around, couldn't read her mind but her blood was more potent then the others.

Hopefully you get what I am trying to say.
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

There's a whole thread devoted to this question on the Twilight Moms website. They've discussed why Edward felt protective and exactly when he fell in love (SM says during the weeks he wasn't speaking to Bella) and what it was about Bella that drew Edward.

I read the Midnight sun draft that Stephenie posted on her website, and from all the information in both books, it seems to me that Bella's mental muteness piqued Edward's interest, but her personality and looks would probably have drawn him in soon or later, even if he could have heard her thoughts. She was not a typical teenager mentally, and he became more smitten by her beauty the more he was around her.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Esme echo wrote:
I read the Midnight sun draft that Stephenie posted on her website, and from all the information in both books, it seems to me that Bella's mental muteness piqued Edward's interest, but her personality and looks would probably have drawn him in soon or later, even if he could have heard her thoughts. She was not a typical teenager mentally, and he became more smitten by her beauty the more he was around her.

Exactly. Many people think the only reason Edward came to love Bella was because her couldn't read her mind- but i agree with Esme echo. Sure, Edward can't hear her thoughts, but that's exactly what intrigued him IN THE BEGINNING. As he got to know her he came to love her, it was her unique personality and different mindset that allowed him to fall for her. In my opinion even if Edward could read Bella's mind he'd still be able to see the difference between hers and everyone else, and still fall in love with her. Remember, Edward is very in-tune with humans being that he knows exactly what each one is thinking- there's no surprises for him in their actions. Still, Bella surprised him in all her actions. Even if he could read her mind- her actions would still be set apart from any other human he's every met as well as her mindset being that she's like a middle-aged woman trapped in a teen's body. All of this also becomes evident in Midnight Sun- which i also read *since i couldn't keep myself from it to save my own stinkin life :roll: *. In the draft Edward admits to seeing that Bella really is just a good person- which she is in the sense that she constantly worries about everyone else for example Charlie and Renee, etc. In my opinion, Edward was toast from the second he met Bella :P
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

after i read the midnight sun draft, i was thinking there could be a possibility, if Bella had not moved to Forks, for him to like Angela.
he described her as having an extremely kind heart and is thankful theres some good hearted ppl around, unlike the rest.
but ah well, i guess hes just meant to be unable to hear Bella's mind, and is eventually drawn to her.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

Genevieve wrote:after i read the midnight sun draft, i was thinking there could be a possibility, if Bella had not moved to Forks, for him to like Angela.
he described her as having an extremely kind heart and is thankful theres some good hearted ppl around, unlike the rest.
but ah well, i guess hes just meant to be unable to hear Bella's mind, and is eventually drawn to her.
I think before Bella came, he just wasn't attracted to humans, as a love interest. He probably said that in knowing it would be pretty hard to kill Angela, since she is stated as being a good person. But then Bella came, and he liked the smell of her, so then he started to become interested in humans and mingle with them.
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

so ive been wondering, when they said Nahuel was a young man, how young/old is he?
like around young adult 17-19?
or like above 20?
i tried asking this under Nahuel in sparkling in the sun, but apparently hardly anyone goes to Nahuel's section.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Genevieve wrote:so ive been wondering, when they said Nahuel was a young man, how young/old is he?
like around young adult 17-19?
or like above 20?
i tried asking this under Nahuel in sparkling in the sun, but apparently hardly anyone goes to Nahuel's section.
17-19
if he in a matter of 7 years stopped aging, then yes. When he was a born, he ages very quickly. he would gain about a half year of development every month and then the aging decreases, it becomes less and less with each passing day 'till it stops completely. So just when you reach maturity which seems to me around that age the hyprids stop aging
did that make sense...? i hope i did. :D
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

oh that would be cool. thanks. Nessie at that age, would be stunning i guess.
OH and she would be around the same age as her mum. gosh.