Twilight Speculation thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
suzyq248
Learning to Love Green

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Post by suzyq248 »

Do we actually know that Charlie went to Phoenix? I know he at least never made an appearance in the book. I thought they just said they called him and that Renee was there?
"Fall down again, Bella?"
"No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face."
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

suzyq248 wrote:Do we actually know that Charlie went to Phoenix? I know he at least never made an appearance in the book. I thought they just said they called him and that Renee was there?
Even though the book does not say that Charlie went to Phoenix, you can bet your bottom dollar that he was there, after all that was his daughter who was so severely injured. I can't imagine him not making the trip to be with her.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

suzyq248 wrote:Do we actually know that Charlie went to Phoenix? I know he at least never made an appearance in the book. I thought they just said they called him and that Renee was there?
According to Edward in An Impasse, Alice calls Charlie and Renee. Renee is still in the hospital when Bella wakes up. I based my question on my belief that, in agreement with Navarre, there was no way on gods' green that Charlie would leave Bella in the hospital in Phoenix alone without at least seeing her. So, my thought is that he flew immediately to Phoenix as soon as Alice called to at least assure himself that she was going to live. But, because of his duties, he had to leave almost immediately. But, I don't think he left without telling Edward in no uncertain terms exactly what he thought of him and his presence in his daughter's life. Thus, I ask what you all think Charlie said.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
suzyq248
Learning to Love Green

Post by suzyq248 »

Now for the sake of speculating......What do you think would have happened if Edward had been too late and Jasper had bitten Bella at her birthday party?
"Fall down again, Bella?"
"No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face."
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Either Edward would have had to try to suck venom out of her again... or let her turn...

And would possibly have had to fight Jasper off of her first...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
dawn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dawn »

suzyq248 wrote:Now for the sake of speculating......What do you think would have happened if Edward had been too late and Jasper had bitten Bella at her birthday party?
Interesting question!! I think that Edward and Carlisle would have fought Jasper off of Bella, preventing him from sucking out all of her blood. I don't think that Esme, Emmett, and Rosalie would have been able to resist Bella's blood enough to help, and Alice wouldn't be able to fight Jasper.

After they got Jasper away, I think Edward would suck out the venom, just as he had when she was bitten by James.
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

dawn wrote:
suzyq248 wrote:Now for the sake of speculating......What do you think would have happened if Edward had been too late and Jasper had bitten Bella at her birthday party?
Interesting question!! I think that Edward and Carlisle would have fought Jasper off of Bella, preventing him from sucking out all of her blood. I don't think that Esme, Emmett, and Rosalie would have been able to resist Bella's blood enough to help, and Alice wouldn't be able to fight Jasper.

After they got Jasper away, I think Edward would suck out the venom, just as he had when she was bitten by James.
I actually disagree, Dawn. While I have no doubt Edward and Carlisle would have pulled Jazz off of Bella, I think he would have let the change happen at that point. I think, after spending the summer together, growing so much closer, I think this is the point where his resolve to leave her life might have been at its' weakest. That's why, in the novels, his leaving happened so quickly, I think. Edward would look at the situation and say that at that moment he dropped his guard just a little, started to feel comfortable as a presence in her life, he once again put her in death's path. So, he immediately reacted by going the complete opposite direction, removing himself completely.

If he hadn't been able to get between Jazz and Bella, than I think the tenor of the reaction would have been the same, completely opposite of what you would expect. I think he would have given in to the inevitability of Bella becoming a vampire. I can't really explain my reasoning any better than that. But, I hope what I am able to express makes sense.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
navarre

Post by navarre »

That would have been one hell of a fight! Trying to pull Jasper off while he is full blood-lust mode, I mean thank goodness Emmett would have been helping Edward with Jasper.

I think Edward would be working overtime to save Bella from a vampire fate. If that failed then well...That would have been catastrophic. Trying to get this past Charlie? Uh, whoa. Too many variables.
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Alright, kids. Time for some new speculation.

In Eclipse, after Jacob is injured and taken back home, we find out that he regains consciousness "just before the doctor left". We also know that Edward was there with Carlisle while he is treating Jake, possibly even helping, given his medical knowledge. So, that means that Edward and Jake were alone together after the kiss. Was there any kind of conversation between the two? What might have been said, if anything?
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
navarre

Post by navarre »

Jazz Girl wrote:Alright, kids. Time for some new speculation.

In Eclipse, after Jacob is injured and taken back home, we find out that he regains consciousness "just before the doctor left". We also know that Edward was there with Carlisle while he is treating Jake, possibly even helping, given his medical knowledge. So, that means that Edward and Jake were alone together after the kiss. Was there any kind of conversation between the two? What might have been said, if anything?
I don't know. I did not get the picture that they were alone. Carlisle was there and I felt Edward & Carlisle left together. But, if they were, Jacob was pretty doped up and even though his metabolism was burning it up at a high rate, I don't know if any coherent conversation was possible. Also, with the other guys from the pack jammed in that little room making sure Jacob was going to be okay, that too would have made any conversation regardng that kiss unlikely. Neither would have been inclined to discuss something so intense as their feelings about that in front of everybody.

That's how I see it.