Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jessi
Settled in Forks

Why can Renesmee bite Jacob?

Post by Jessi »

Isn't vampire venom deadly to werewolves...or excuse me "shapeshifters?"
I looked everywhere on how to ask this to someone...it says you can post new topics here or in the Aston Martin one...I wasn't sure...
but I have been looking everywhere for this answer...can anyone help?
I found my Edward.
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Why can Renesmee bite Jacob?

Post by Persephonie »

Unless I am mistaken, at the end of BD when Alice brings in the other "half breeds" she found to tell their story to Aro (I forget their names), it was established that the females were "non-venemous", that none of them represented any danger whatsoever... that only the males seem to be.

It's not explained in any more detail than that in the book.... of course I could be completely off-track here.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Welcome to the home of the happily obsessed. We love having new addicts post, it makes the rest of us feel more normal.

You'll want to check out the Quench Your Thirst forum and the Renessme thread to ask and discuss your questions. You'll find broad theme threads that your question will fall under without having to start a new topic or thread for one question alone.

Make sure you check out the Newcomer's Guide. It will help you navigate the site. Meyer's Personal Correspondence is a must-read and I thought the Timeline was really interesting too. Have you already been to her site and read the outtakes, FAQ's and extras? So worth the time.

See you around the boards!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Hey! Welcome to the new Lexicon! I'm Ren, and if you need anything or have any questions, or just want to chat in general, feel free to send me a PM. I'm friendly!

Also, make sure you glance over Alcyone's Newcomer's Guide to the Lexicon 2.0 (The shinier, spiffier version) for rules and regulations, if you haven't already. :) It's great for a newcomer to get a start with the rules, and it's a good look-over for returning old members to see if anything's changed, but I don't think much has. :D

This isn't really the place for questions, it's a place for introductions. If you reallu want answers, then you should head over to the Breaking Dawn threads and chat with people there. Not only will people be wanting to talk about that very same thing, but more people who might know the answer will be able to see it then right here. So head over there and check it out. Any questions, feel free to PM me. :)

See you around~

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Renesmee can bite Jacob because only the male half-breeds are venomous. Welcome to the Lex! See you around the forums, if you wanna chat send me a message!
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Welcome! I'm Dark, feel free to PM me if you have a question, I jsut might be able to give you an answer! Also if you would just like to chit chat.

-Dark

Answer to your question: because when Alice came back, she determined that nessi isn't venomus.(This happened during the volturi meeting)
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

It's not certain that only females are nonvenomous. We know that Renesmee isn't venomous, though.
Therefore, Nessie can bite Jacob and we won't be killed by venom, and he heals quickly, so it doesn't hurt him much.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3