Totally Inside Jacob's Mind

The Transformation

Post by be my escape »

Discuss Bella's transformation here
Sarah-Lynn

Re: The Transformation

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to ask this! It didn't dawn on me to submit this for Mtv's interviews with Steph, and it's been eating away at my brain!

Ok, so... it was originally decided that Carlisle would be the one to change Bella since he had the most control. Bella then decided that she wanted Edward to do it... I LOVE that part in Eclipse when she's thinking that she wants Edward's lips to be the last thing she feels as a human! Gives me goosebumps! It was an honest thing for Bella to want that Edward be the one to change her... being together in body, soul, and spirit! *sigh*

Here's my question... and I am SO looking forward to answers!!!! Do you think that Edward's venom played a significant part in Bella's transformation? Because of his intense love for her, I think that it helped her retain more of "herself" while being a newborn. I know there's a lot of talk about how she skipped the worst parts of being a newborn because she had 2 years to prepare herself for the change... BUT, I can't help but think that Edward's venom played a part, too! Had it been Carlisle's venom, would Bella's transformation have gone differently? Interesting thoughts, indeed!!
Broken-Mirror
Settled in Forks

Post by Broken-Mirror »

I was really dissapointed in how she was changed but with everything happening in the book I didn't think about it until later. I wonder if she would think about it later and be dissapointed also that she was changed in a rather medical way while she was unconcious. I was really hoping for some really romantic scene of her looking into his eyes so he would be her last human sight and then him whispering "I love you..... forever" or something before finally biting her. Where is my sadistic blood-romance scene??

It didn't really bug me too much but I was hoping for a more private personal moment than ripping a baby out of her and injecting her with poison.
fig
Settled in Forks

Post by fig »

Sarah-Lynn wrote:OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to ask this! It didn't dawn on me to submit this for Mtv's interviews with Steph, and it's been eating away at my brain!

Ok, so... it was originally decided that Carlisle would be the one to change Bella since he had the most control. Bella then decided that she wanted Edward to do it... I LOVE that part in Eclipse when she's thinking that she wants Edward's lips to be the last thing she feels as a human! Gives me goosebumps! It was an honest thing for Bella to want that Edward be the one to change her... being together in body, soul, and spirit! *sigh*

Here's my question... and I am SO looking forward to answers!!!! Do you think that Edward's venom played a significant part in Bella's transformation? Because of his intense love for her, I think that it helped her retain more of "herself" while being a newborn. I know there's a lot of talk about how she skipped the worst parts of being a newborn because she had 2 years to prepare herself for the change... BUT, I can't help but think that Edward's venom played a part, too! Had it been Carlisle's venom, would Bella's transformation have gone differently? Interesting thoughts, indeed!!
Wow that's a really good idea- about Edward's venom being helping her, but I'd think his vemon maybe would haved helped her stay quiet through the transformation process rather than helped her be a better newborn, if it even helped at all. Someone should ask Stephenie :)
chrissaay
Settled in Forks

Post by chrissaay »

it was surely a surprising twist for edward to actually be saving bella with his venom, rather than changing her in a romantic way. and the idea that edward's venom transfixed the change is definitely a possibility. that, plus the two years she's had to prepare could have made her a more controlled newborn.
nickcrab
Settled in Forks

Post by nickcrab »

The way her transformation came about really did solve her disagreement with Rosalie. Not only did she choose to have her baby, but it was a life or death matter when Edward changed her.
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for a romantic moment to lead up to her transformation, too. I don't know, though... maybe it would have been too much for Edward to handle, knowing that he would kill her in the process; not kill her as in draining her of her blood, but as in ending her mortal life... this way, he gets to save her life... and it was SO close! I was crying the entire time!

lol... and that kiss she planted on him right after she woke up... oh my!
Golden Eyed Glory
Settled in Forks

Post by Golden Eyed Glory »

Sarah-Lynn: "lol... and that kiss she planted on him right after she woke up... oh my!" hahaha yeah that was great. Romantic would've been cool, but with this life or death situation Edward had no time to try and cop out. He had to "kill" her to save her. And Bella with her crazy talk about wanting to stay human because of the physical benefits with Edward. She might have delayed the change and I wanted her to be a vampire. I was hoping we'd get to go along for the ride for a while which we did. I was planning on her having it easy. She thought about it for such a long time, really mentally prepared herself for how hard it was going to be. She planned on becoming a vampire, she knew what it was about, she'd heard from the others about their experiences she'd thought about it so much on her own. I figured it was going to be much easier for her, I was happy that she could just slide into the "normal" Cullen routine.
Edward Anthony Masen Cullen: "I bit a pillow. Or two." "No, I don't care if you bite Jacob. That's fine." Jake: "Shut up, Seth." Seth: "Shutting."
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BlueOrchid »

At first I was dissapointed that there wasn't a big romantic biting/death scene, but then I realized if the situation had been anything but life or death, Edward would always feel guilty for "killing" Bella. The way it was written made it so that if Edward hadn't bitten Bella, she would have died so he was more saving her life. I also liked how the morphine didn't help the tranformation. It seemed more symbolic, all the rises from the ashes stuff.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I think it was beautifully(as weird as that sounds) written. It really went into great depth of how becoming a vampire feels. It's kind of like being in a coma, but in severe pain. I like how Meyer described how it felt and what went through Bella's mind. I was kind of worried when Jacob's part came so fast that Bella wasn't going to be changed, and if she was that we weren't going to hear it from her point of view. :( I've got to say, I was glad to finally find out what it was like to be transformed-we never heard it from any of the other vamps.

-dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett