Countries ARE really different

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: Countries ARE really differnt

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

HAHAHA

I say y'all a lot, and was in girl scouts my whole "child"hood I wa sborn in San Antonio and raised where I am now. I've seen a lot of Texas, and most of those "you know you're from Texas when..." stereotypes are true. Not in my immediate area, I think we are the descendants of leftovers from some hippie commune or something, because we hardly fit any stereotypes.

I've been told I look a lot like my ,mom's dad's mom who aparently "had a good grade of hair" like me [black folk's thing] and "the spice was in her hand" like me. Which I guess means she had long straight-ish hair and liked to cook. But most people around here are fairly new to the whole "Texas scene" so I'm not even sure what the stereotypes are (except the ones I look up online)

What stereotyes annoy you the most?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

The stereotype that annoys me most is that people think if you're from California that you're an
a. a valley girl
b. a surfer
c. hippie tree hugger
d. liberal
e. movie star
and sometimes all of the above. I'm not any of those things, yet here I am born and raised in California. There are definitely those people here in CA, but not where I live.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Lolz, I highly doubt anyone thinks that all residents of California are movie stars. :P
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 »

debussygirl wrote:The stereotype that annoys me most is that people think if you're from California that you're an
a. a valley girl
b. a surfer
c. hippie tree hugger
d. liberal
e. movie star
and sometimes all of the above. I'm not any of those things, yet here I am born and raised in California. There are definitely those people here in CA, but not where I live.
I know! I'm from California too and people thinks that I live near the beach in a penthouse. Whenever someone from another state or something the first thing they ask is, "Oh do you surf a lot?". It is really annoying cause I live in the foothills but everyone thinks that all California people are beach bum hippie people.

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B
singingsolitude
Wandering Through Town

Post by singingsolitude »

hahaha... I would love to visit California...

I'm from Georgia, and when I went to New York, my boyfriend's brother says "you all are mad racist down there, right???" :shock: I was like "OHMAN.... I hope not everyone thinks of us like that!!!" (we don't all have super southern accents, either.... although I know a lot of people who have southern accents, I know quite a few people who dont)

one thing though... it sounds like most of the stereotypes that we've come to accept about different countries, and regions have been created by the "hollywood image" of these places! >_< I would love to travel more, to be able to see everything for myself
"The Greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and be loved in return...".
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I lived and GA and TN for a few months and everyone I came across had a Southern accent.
singingsolitude
Wandering Through Town

Post by singingsolitude »

hahahaha that's funny. yeah, I didn't say that NOBODY had an accent.

there are definitely certain parts of Ga that are heavier on the accent than others. where did you live??? are you still in the south?
"The Greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and be loved in return...".
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I know you didn't say 'nobody' but I think it's odd that you know people who don't have one, especially if they grew up down there.

No, I'm not.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Black wrote:Lolz, I highly doubt anyone thinks that all residents of California are movie stars. :P
That's true, but a lot of people ask me if I see movie stars. :roll: Just letting everyone know, I have not seen any stars walking around my town.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

The only famous person you'd see wandering round my city is Peter Jackson, when he's not somewhere else filming.
Though David Beckham came here last year!

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D