Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by Stacia »

Just thought I would chip in my .02 cents as well here. I'm crushed over the whole thing! It' stinks, that's for sure! Twilight is such a wonderful series, an amazing series to be sure! However, all through the series I was continually curious as to what Edward was thinking. In BD, we got to "hear" what was going through Jacob's mind, but no Edward. Which was alright I guess...but then to give us a taste of what Edward was thinking and then to leave it at that.....I would compare this to Edward and Bella I guess....Edward wanted to be near Bella, he couldn't give her up....that's what we want! In the end, she didn't write Edward giving up Bella, there WAS a happy ending! I can only hope that we get our happy ending too! (Sooner rather than later, definitely!) But the rough draft was WONDERFUL! I didn't want to finish it so I drug out the end by reading more slowly than usual! I kept wanting more...I wanted to know how Edward felt about so many things....I kept wanting to get to certain parts of Twilight to see what Edward was thinking...(and through him, Alice as well)...the part where Alice, for the first time, walks up to Bella and befriends her, what was Edward's reaction to Bella when she first saw him sparkle in the sunlight, how Edward feels when he is "tampering" with Bella's mind before the baseball game (LOVE THAT PART!!!), how he reacts when he knows that James "wants" Bella, how he thinks about the prom, about when he sees Bella on the floor of the ballet studio after James had hurt Bella, how he deals with her blood on the floor and his thoughts on removing James' venom from her blood, in the hospital as he feigns sleeping so Bella can talk to her Mom....all of these things we can only learn through Edward in Midnight Sun. It's so interesting to "hear" Edward's thoughts about Bella because he can't read her mind. I love the chemistry between them and it's captivating that they both think so differently! Each in love with the other and neither can imagine why or believe it. It's wonderful! Riveting! And through Midnight Sun, we get to meet & discover the Cullen family a bit more and in turn, love them a bit more...I am hopelessly obsessed with Twilight and can only hope that Stephenie continues to write Midnight Sun...(SOON!!) I emailed her through her myspace but I doubt that she even reads any of that anyway...(some people do read theirs so my fingers will be crossed anyway!)
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I think it's terrible that whoever leaked had no concern for someone else's works. I, personally, am not reading it. I don't feel that it was intended for my eyes at this point. I would love for it to be published so I can buy it and then read it, and I hope that I get that chance. Whoever did this to SM was pretty low.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I have read it (the one posted on her sight not the illegal one) and even though it is a draft it is amazing. I hope she realizes how talented she is soon and puts the past behind her so we can here the rest of Edwards story. If it is finally published I think it will be my favorite book of the saga yet. Also I was sooooo mad when I finished and found out the part in the meadow wasn't in there!!!!!! That is the best part!!!! STUPID INCONSIDERATE JERKS WHO DID THIS TO HER, GO DIE SHE IS THE BEST AUTHOR EVERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!:evil:
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
thisheartitbeats1
Settled in Forks

Post by thisheartitbeats1 »

i feel really bad for stephenie that she was so disrespected by someone she trusted.
then again, i don't know the actual story of how it was leaked, so i can't say for sure that someone she trusted did this to her.

i think she needs to take some well-deserved time away from writing- seriously, she's given so much for this world and its fans, she has to be burnt out. she tries to do make us happy, and all the majority ever does is demand more. [not ungratefully, but we love these books so much i don't think we ever stop and think about how our craziness can sometimes affect her.] i really hope that time with her family can help her work through all the emotions i'm sure she has to be experiencing right now.

that being said, i really hope she continues the series. she started this for her own personal enjoyment, and i hope she can get back to that [very soon]. if she doesn't publish midnight sun, it's like all the haters win. i don't want that for her. she's worked so hard and overcome so much through all of this, and i don't want one person to ruin everything for her and all the fans. it doesn't seem fair.

i read the draft on her site [i tried not to, because she didn't want us to see that version, but with it available in an honest way, i didn't even last a day trying to resist.] it was amazing. i was pleasantly surprised to find that i really do have a good grip on the character of edward, and through at least the first few chapters of twilight, i really did understand his motivations and thoughts. it was great to hear the thoughts of others and the twelve chapters of midnight sun just left me wanting more [but i knew that would happen going in] so i really hope that she can overcome this just like all the other obstacles through the past few years and get at least twilight from his perspective out. [after this, i know that hoping for the whole series through edward's eyes is really pushing it, but i can dream right?]

the person who leaked this and caused all this drama better hope for their own sake no one ever finds out it was them. jane's torture will seem as harmless as kittens compared to what angry fans will do.
While you were sleeping I figured out everything.
I was constructed for you, and you were molded for me.

banner by ceo07
leannia
Wandering Through Town

Post by leannia »

As I have been thinking about this for the last few days, I just get angry. I read the first chapter of MS several months ago on SM's website. If she didn't want her fans to experience her unedited and unpublished work, then why would she post the first chapter unedited and unpublished? I also remember reading (somewhere) that she had around 350 pages of MS done. The chapters on her website only number around 275. I am HOPING that she purposely didn't post the last 100 or so pages she had done because she didn't want to post the meadow scene and that means that she really does intend to finish MS and have it published. (Because that's the part most of the fans are looking forward to and if she gave it to the fans now for free, would that negatively affect the number of MS books she would sell?)

While I can understand the anger and dissapointment she is feeling, I am also thinking that she needs to work through it and get over it. She has (had?) a large loyal fan base. If this is the way she reacts when things don't go her way, then I'm thinking that I won't buy any other book she publishes until MS is available BECAUSE what if I get hooked on another series of hers only to have her say that she's not going to finish it, either?

It is stated on her website that MS is her next project. It's not quite a promise but to back out now turns that statement into a lie. She didn't qualify the statement after all.... = )
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i feel absolutely horrible. stephenie has given us so much, and to have something so important taken from her and put out against the law is just unacceptable. she deserves so much more.
it has been what, like, 6 days since the news? well, i still haven't read the part of midnight sun she has on her website. i feel like i have a great amount of self control to have held off for this long. i am very proud of myself. the reason i haven't read it yet is because i don't think its fair. i don't fell that its right that she was put under pressure to put out something. i will wait at least until bellas birthday to do anything. even then i think i just might stay away for a while longer.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
cullenical
Settled in Forks

Post by cullenical »

I think its really upsetting and sad..
The person who did it obviously aimed for this outcome; Stephs fans being disapointed, blaming it on her, Midnight Sun being postponed, if not cancelled, and it all falling onto her.
Well, they got what they wanted. I just hope they see sense and not wreck another load of fans lives.
Stagnant Shadow
Settled in Forks

Post by Stagnant Shadow »

Ironically, the answer to this entire situation lies within Breaking Dawn.

Irina betrayed Nessie (Midnight Sun) to the Volturi (the proverbial sharks of the internet), who noticed the secret (Midnight Sun's inner workings also being a secret), and set out to destroy the Cullens/Forks (Steph/Fandom). Now if we follow the story, we realize that the Cullens have two choices:

1) Let the Volturi (Interwebz Sharks) steamroll them.

OR

2) 'Negotiate' with the Volturi, and allow Nessie (Mdnght Sn) to live on.

Of course, this means that the Cullens (Steph + Family) will be in danger, but the question is:

Are they willing to take one last hit for the proverbial town of Forks?

Of course, to do this, they need to be prepared, and the time they are not in Forks is being spend training (Being w/ family).

If it all plays out. Nessie will live and grow up.

Comprendes-Tu?
From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.
roxyrae
Settled in Forks

Post by roxyrae »

leannia wrote:
While I can understand the anger and dissapointment she is feeling, I am also thinking that she needs to work through it and get over it. She has (had?) a large loyal fan base. If this is the way she reacts when things don't go her way, then I'm thinking that I won't buy any other book she publishes until MS is available BECAUSE what if I get hooked on another series of hers only to have her say that she's not going to finish it, either?
That is an interesting way at looking at things, I never thought about her not finishing another series that we get addicted to to have her not finish it. She has been very good with the Twilight Saga and so I would imagine that she would contine but then again many things get leaked onto the internet so if that happened again would we get our book? That is something that I am probably going to think about, I cannot imagine reading a series without it being finished (I would have died without Breaking Dawn).

I am really concerned about Midnight Sun, I was on Stephenie's website and read the Q&A that was posted on Sept 1st. In the Q & A they ask her if she plans on doing anything more with the Twilight Saga and she says "that at this exact point in time, [she] don't feel like [she] will go back to Forks." Is she refering to continuing the saga as in Renesmee's story or is it deeper as in not finishing Midnight Sun. I think I may just cry if it is ment for Midnight Sun.
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Persephonie »

I just don't see the point she is trying to make, by not finishing the book.
I don't remember where I read this but it was said that she is "standing her ground in the face of copyright infringement and illegal circulation of copyrighted material".....

I would have that thought sueing whoever leaked it was the way to go, to make sure her rights as an author are respected, but not finishing this book punishes who exactly....