Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Summit Entertainment

Post by pharmer4 »

I think it'd work best if she does her voice over, like in the first movie, and mentions that she has been hearing his voice in her head, even though she knows it's not really him.

How they'll work that out, I don't know, but it will be hard for non-readers to get.

In a way, though, I'd prefer if they just made the movie as is, without trying to explain it to non-readers.

That way, they can spend more time on the important things.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
Devious Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Devious Cullen »

I really hope they'll keep the voiceover, even if only a little bit. I liked it. It could convey information straight from the books that film couln't show simply.

I think too that there will be so many less non-readers next time around. The suscess of Twilight got huge amounts of people to read them, and word of mouth will spread. Come New Moon, I'm guesing most people who go to see it will have read it. So then yes, they don't have to explain as much.
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

I liked the voice over too, so I hope they keep it.

Also, I have been seeing a lot of people in my town reading the book, but we don't have a cinema, and a lot of them have not seen the movie yet.

This is, of course, a good sign, because the book itself is still generating interest on it's own.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

Hah! I love how people finally are coming to their senses and reading these books! I read the books and then when Twilight came out I was so excited, but non-readers kept making fun of me for liking these "stupid apple books" (Yeah...apples don't really have anything to do with the entire series.) Anywho, I tell them about the movie and the book and I go away for winter break, and what do I see?! Books everywhere! In the halls, at lunch, in classes! They've become just as obsessed. So case in point, I think they'll have to do a lot less convincing in this movie. They can work with this nice plot we've got going on here.

I can't wait!
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

the thing is, New Moon only has 3 plot lines, which is easy to cover . . .

edward leaves, and that resolves at the end.

Bella and Jacob's friendship develops and, in the case of Jacob, he thinks it is more serious than it is.

Victoria trying to get in to Forks - but this is a minor plot point to give the wolves some action.

IMO, this will be an easier movie to develop. Eclipse will be harder, and Breaking Dawn will be very very difficult.

xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

Well, I'm really hoping that they'll show everything as a slow progression unlike Twilight, where it seems like they've only known each other for a few days and BAM! they fall in love, soooo unlike the book. That really bothered me. Haha, people called me book nerd XD. People ended up having their faces in those books, I want to mock them so bad, but it's mean so I'd rather not. The voice over thing is a good idea. I'm actually pretty worried about the part where Bella ends up wandering in the woods after Edward leaves. Most people forget about that and if it isn't portrayed very well, it'll look like she's drunk, not heart-broken.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

I've only seen twilight twice, but I'm pretty sure it does show some progression of time - like him not being at school for days at a time etc - it's more implied than shown.

Also, I don't think it should be too hard to show her wandering without being drunk, because it'll happen immediately after Edward leaves, so she obviously won't have had anything to drink . . . .

I also hope they don't do the clichéd calendar pages turning for the months that passed. I like the way it is in the book, but it'll be cheesy in a movie

xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

Well, think about when they actually talk. It's like, right away. Idk, that's just my opinion.

No, I mean that they'll make it look like she was drunk. She'll be stumbling around like a drunk person.I'm afraid of that.

Oh so true!!! It better not be something like pages turning. The screen should just go completely white and in black letters list the months.
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

actually, the screen going white like that could probably work well.

xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

Mhm, all depending on how they decide to transition to it that'll make it or break it.