Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by roseaurora »

Hahaha! She sounds like me in that interview! F*** is my favorite word :lol: I'm working on using it less tho...

And the whole not presenting thing does make it seem like she is awfully full of herself! If they offered and she turned them down because Twilight was just a movie that made money and not a great one ("John responded that Kristen would present at the Oscars, 'When it's a great movie, not just one that makes a lot of money.'") Its kind of slap in the face to the franchise and the fans. And if they didn't even offer her the opportunity it sounds like she has a case of "sour grapes" and still needs to get over herself...

Of course there is a chance that what her dad said was a reflection of him and not her reaction to presenting at the Oscars...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

cullens_love wrote:I`m a little ruffled with the interview she gave to Nylon mag.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... stions.php

I really like her and I think she is great as Bella but her attidude really annoys me. Yes being asked how it is to kiss a vampire is not a super duper question but calling it bull*******?? And the way she talks about the fan hype aehmmm hello you wouldn`t be what you are without the fans.
Did she really not see it coming how big twilight is going to be??
I read this and thought "typical Kristen" (not based on the fact I actually know her of course). One of my favorite comments I've ever heard her make was on the Today show when she and Rob & Meredith Viera were walking outside. Meredith said she was scared of the fans and Kristen said "Don't worry, they're nice to your face!!"

Maybe that was discussed already but reading the Nylon interview reminded me of that! :)

Image Image Image
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

akire wrote:
cullens_love wrote:I`m a little ruffled with the interview she gave to Nylon mag.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... stions.php

I really like her and I think she is great as Bella but her attidude really annoys me. Yes being asked how it is to kiss a vampire is not a super duper question but calling it bull*******?? And the way she talks about the fan hype aehmmm hello you wouldn`t be what you are without the fans.
Did she really not see it coming how big twilight is going to be??
I read this and thought "typical Kristen" (not based on the fact I actually know her of course). One of my favorite comments I've ever heard her make was on the Today show when she and Rob & Meredith Viera were walking outside. Meredith said she was scared of the fans and Kristen said "Don't worry, they're nice to your face!!"

Maybe that was discussed already but reading the Nylon interview reminded me of that! :)
=[
I didn't see anything wrong with the interview. I mean come on. She has a boyfriend who she loves a lot. And she takes her roles seriously. So she's a little pissed that people keep making up crap that she and Rob are dating. 'Cuz they're not. You try having papparrzzi + the media + thousands of screaming fans telling you that you should be with your friend, when you already have a boyfriend. You're probably gonna get pissed.

And I really think that Kristen is dedicated to this role. Maybe that's why she seems so... moody about it? Not because she doesn't like it, but she takes the movie serously, and wants it to mean something more than just be another teenage movie. Seriously, like, in all the interviews I've seen, she's really dedicated to the role, and she's greatful to the fans.
If I find them, I'll post them here.

slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

Dazzle, I would LOVE to see some interviews where Kristen seems genuinely glad for the Twilight fans. Not that she has to LIKE us, or feel grateful for us. But knowing how dedicated we are to the story, it would be nice if she would show us a little respect. Or be a little more understanding when some of our devoted number get too carried away.

And I would truly love to believe and understand how involved she gets with her roles. I wish she could meet a few of us fans who respect that dedication so that she wouldn't think all of us are a part of the ridiculous, screaming "Oh-My-Edward, what's kissing Edward like?" tween lot. I would like her a whole hell of a lot more if she realized that this role isn't some fluff piece, or money-machine movie for all of us. She may feel like a sell out for taking this role, but some of us would respect her more as an actress if she would take this role and her involvement in the madness that is the movies' release a little bit more seriously. This isn't something to get through or past. These movies aren't just jobs to pay the rent until you're offered your role worthy of attending the Academy Awards.

Twilight, I have realized, has depth, power, and incisiveness. It offers a deeper understanding of human nature, our psyches, our interactions and our emotions. I have my masters degree in English and few books I've ever read have captured me the way that Twilight has.

So, Dazzle Me, I would sincerely LOVE to see some interviews that show Kristen in a positive light. I want so desperately to like her. I'm not trying to bash Kristen at all. PLEASE understand this. But can't we all agree that sometimes her attitude toward this whole Twilight situation is a little less than kind?
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
Becz
Settled in Forks

Post by Becz »

slightlyobsessed wrote:Dazzle, I would LOVE to see some interviews where Kristen seems genuinely glad for the Twilight fans. Not that she has to LIKE us, or feel grateful for us. But knowing how dedicated we are to the story, it would be nice if she would show us a little respect. Or be a little more understanding when some of our devoted number get too carried away.

And I would truly love to believe and understand how involved she gets with her roles. I wish she could meet a few of us fans who respect that dedication so that she wouldn't think all of us are a part of the ridiculous, screaming "Oh-My-Edward, what's kissing Edward like?" tween lot. I would like her a whole hell of a lot more if she realized that this role isn't some fluff piece, or money-machine movie for all of us. She may feel like a sell out for taking this role, but some of us would respect her more as an actress if she would take this role and her involvement in the madness that is the movies' release a little bit more seriously. This isn't something to get through or past. These movies aren't just jobs to pay the rent until you're offered your role worthy of attending the Academy Awards.

Twilight, I have realized, has depth, power, and incisiveness. It offers a deeper understanding of human nature, our psyches, our interactions and our emotions. I have my masters degree in English and few books I've ever read have captured me the way that Twilight has.

So, Dazzle Me, I would sincerely LOVE to see some interviews that show Kristen in a positive light. I want so desperately to like her. I'm not trying to bash Kristen at all. PLEASE understand this. But can't we all agree that sometimes her attitude toward this whole Twilight situation is a little less than kind?
I completely agree with you, Kristen does more often than not come off as negative towards the fans, and I think that is really disappointing, The fans are not necessarily the reason she is where she is, as maybe something else would have made her more well known, however the fans are the reason the twilight movie saga is well in all honesty in existence, because if the fans hadn't gotten sucked in the twilight universe than who's to say the the stories would have been written and even if a few stuck around to see how it ends, a book selling only a couple of hundred copies doesn't get made into movies are far as I can tell, So besides to SM I think she should be respectful to the fans who are so dedicated to the characters and their developments.

I'm not attacking her either as I don't really mind her as Bella, after reading the books again, and I do like the fact that she is so bluntly honest (it takes a lot of spine to be like that) and she herself said she is shy in an interview at some point maybe this is why she comes off as stuck up, but I just wish she would start to focus on the positive of the twlighters instead the few of us that get out of hand occasionally, or the negative ones who don't appreciate the story and just like it "coz the dudes are hot". I think more would respect and understand her as an actress. I'm not saying she should stop being honest and sugar coat anything, I just think she should not be so quick to judge us all and place us all in that one category as crazed fans who will find a new obsession in next week or two, when the next hot thing comes along.

I hate to disappoint her if she really can't get over it but I think majority of us are in it for the long haul.
:D I for one know I have become to invested to let go now, I care to much about these characters.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

roseaurora - are you SURE that she was offered the chance to present at the Oscars? I thought that comment from her dad was just meaning that the Academy will ASK her to present when she's in a great movie.

My opinion on Kristen's attitude towards Twilight fame is that I don't blame her for a single thing she's doing. I'm sure she doesn't hang around on this board so that she can see that fans are actually normal - and they appreciate the depth of the story and her character. The only fans she gets to see are the ones that come to all of her promo stuff. The screaming, incoherent, gushing over Rob fans. The ones that either give her the death stare because they are "jealous," or totally ignore her in order to gawk at Rob. And then when she actually *does* get asked a question, and they are all lame...it's disappointing.

She's the kind of actor who is not in it for the money - artistic integrity is important to her, and she's still young enough (hello - how patient were WE at her age?) to feel the pressure of those around her on that one. If she feels like Twilight fans don't get her or her character, it's because that's all she sees. She probably feels like screaming "you don't get it" at all of those fans. She's one of those very intelligent, serious actors that values integrity over everything...she probably thought she was risking nothing by getting into a Catherine Hardwicke film.

In a nutshell, it's not her scene - out of her comfort zone, and she feels out of control. I don't blame her one bit, but as everyone else mentioned, I hope she comes to terms with it. She makes an excellent Bella and I would love to see her continue.

Image Image
Wolf-Girl90

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

Becz wrote:
slightlyobsessed wrote:Dazzle, I would LOVE to see some interviews where Kristen seems genuinely glad for the Twilight fans. Not that she has to LIKE us, or feel grateful for us. But knowing how dedicated we are to the story, it would be nice if she would show us a little respect. Or be a little more understanding when some of our devoted number get too carried away.

I completely agree with you, Kristen does more often than not come off as negative towards the fans, and I think that is really disappointing, The fans are not necessarily the reason she is where she is, as maybe something else would have made her more well known, however the fans are the reason the twilight movie saga is well in all honesty in existence, because if the fans hadn't gotten sucked in the twilight universe than who's to say the the stories would have been written and even if a few stuck around to see how it ends, a book selling only a couple of hundred copies doesn't get made into movies are far as I can tell, So besides to SM I think she should be respectful to the fans who are so dedicated to the characters and their developments.

I'm not attacking her either as I don't really mind her as Bella, after reading the books again, and I do like the fact that she is so bluntly honest (it takes a lot of spine to be like that) and she herself said she is shy in an interview at some point maybe this is why she comes off as stuck up, but I just wish she would start to focus on the positive of the twlighters instead the few of us that get out of hand occasionally, or the negative ones who don't appreciate the story and just like it "coz the dudes are hot". I think more would respect and understand her as an actress. I'm not saying she should stop being honest and sugar coat anything, I just think she should not be so quick to judge us all and place us all in that one category as crazed fans who will find a new obsession in next week or two, when the next hot thing comes along.

I hate to disappoint her if she really can't get over it but I think majority of us are in it for the long haul.
:D I for one know I have become to invested to let go now, I care to much about these characters.
I agree with both of you! These films are going to make her huge and give her loads more acting possibilities! I mean, I don't think she has ever played a big lead like this before and she should appreciate it!
If I was her I wouldn't want to fall into the "Harry Potter" situation like Daniel Radcliffe who will probably be still associated as Harry Potter when he's about 90 but at least he understands that and has embraced it. Most girls would give their right arms to play Bella Swan! She really needs to realise that and get over what prejudice she has with big films!
I personally thought that Twilight was shot very well. It wasn’t your average American teenage romance film was it?! She needs to just calm down and smile a bit. :lol:
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

Wolf-girl - don't forget that Daniel Radcliffe had his "freak out over type-casting" phase as well. He might have embraced it now, but at one point he was rebelling all over the place - doing nude plays and whatnot.

Image Image
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

ForJazz926 wrote:roseaurora - are you SURE that she was offered the chance to present at the Oscars? I thought that comment from her dad was just meaning that the Academy will ASK her to present when she's in a great movie.
I have no idea if she was actually offered to present, but either way, the remark didn't come across as a positive one (at least not to me). Its either she was offered and turned it down, looking like she is saying that Twilight wasn't a movie worthy of recognition or its a case of "sour grapes" because she wasn't offered to present.
Both of these choices make her look a bit full of herself.

Or, like I said before... it was her dad's thoughts on the matter and not hers at all.

OR... the whole thing was taken out of context.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

roseaurora wrote:
ForJazz926 wrote:roseaurora - are you SURE that she was offered the chance to present at the Oscars? I thought that comment from her dad was just meaning that the Academy will ASK her to present when she's in a great movie.
I have no idea if she was actually offered to present, but either way, the remark didn't come across as a positive one (at least not to me). Its either she was offered and turned it down, looking like she is saying that Twilight wasn't a movie worthy of recognition or its a case of "sour grapes" because she wasn't offered to present.
Both of these choices make her look a bit full of herself.

Or, like I said before... it was her dad's thoughts on the matter and not hers at all.

OR... the whole thing was taken out of context.
I might be wrong, but I don't think she was asked to present. If that's true, then not presenting was totally out of Kristen's control, and therefore moot for commenting on. I think the comment is all on her dad, as it came out of his mouth. I think he was just saying that Twilight wasn't a good enough movie for Kristen to be asked to the Oscars for it.

Image Image