Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Le-Petit-Mort
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Nahuel

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

I kind of felt that Nahuel was kind of a last minute character. It felt like he was just an excuse for the fight not to happen. Which was disappointing, because I was anticipating the fight. :(
cidluen
Wandering Through Town

Post by cidluen »

LadyDi wrote: I wonder what Nahuel's regular life in the Amazon is like, and how he learned English. Any ideas?
He's likely bored the whole day, the Amazon is beatiful beyond belief but freaking humid and cold since it rains too much and if you don't have things to do or people to talk to you're going to get really bored.

I think he learned english with National Geographic photographers and investigators, and Animal Planet and Discovery Channel tv hosts XP
crosBy
Settled in Forks

Post by crosBy »

Like most, Nahuel sort of freaked me out. But thank goodness for Edward and his ability! It then was pretty sad that he thought of himself as a monster since he killed his mother and everything.

But I am hoping to learn more about him and Nessie...and Jacob's possible love triangle! =)
"Go fetch a space heater. I'm not a Saint Bernard." --- Jacob Black
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

cidluen wrote:
LadyDi wrote: I wonder what Nahuel's regular life in the Amazon is like, and how he learned English. Any ideas?
He's likely bored the whole day, the Amazon is beatiful beyond belief but freaking humid and cold since it rains too much and if you don't have things to do or people to talk to you're going to get really bored.

I think he learned english with National Geographic photographers and investigators, and Animal Planet and Discovery Channel tv hosts XP
Hmmm, may I say something here? Amazon is amazing, but it's not cold. It's humid and it rains everyday (at the same time, btw) It's very, very hot. It's near the Equator Line. A different kind of heat that we have here in Rio. I have friends who had visited to Manaus - the main city on Amazonas States - and they all agreed. The heat is almost unbearable.And we are all used to heat here.

About learning English, we learn it as second language at school and there are many schools also especialized on this language. I studied in one of those for five years. Manaus may not be a huge city, but they do have schools there.

Maybe he lives in a small city or even in a village. Probably goes to school, but I can't see him getting close to anyone, because of his origin. I think he rather be in the forest, where he doesn't have to hide. About his aunt or even Zafrina, I can only picture them in the most remote points of the forest - where is very dark, or maybe just going out to hunt at night.
MajorKlutz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MajorKlutz »

:lol: All I can do is laugh and imagine Jacob fighting with Nahuel over Nessie. Wow!!! I hope to hear more of Nahuel as he grew up not knowing his mother. That must have been difficult. I agree that it made me sad the Nahuel was a last minute character and that we didn't get to know him all that well. I hope to learn more!! :D
I love my men cold, dead, and sparkling!!!! (*sparkle, sparkle*)
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

I think that if Stephenie were to continue Jake/Renesmee story line. Nahuel would play a huge part...

Although! I don't think it'll be a fight/love triangle like with Jake/bella/edward. Because if it is that'd be so redundant!!!

But I thought Nahuel was an interesting character.
J<3B
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

Elizabeth wrote:I'm just waiting for the whole Nahuel-Reneesmee-Jacob triangle to begin. I'm sure Nahuel was intrigued to learn that there was a female half vampire-half human out there that he wasn't related to. All by himself for 150 years, poor thing. Reneesmee is the only person he could probably be with without hurting or potentially killing. I know he has this new-found hope now for his existence, but I still can't help but feel bad for him.
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
we dont know what would happen to Nessie if she was bitten do we?? She has the same chromosomes as jacob and supposedly he would die if ever bitten however she is 1\2 vamp. already so i wonder what would happen?? Kill off her human half?
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I was writing a fanfic earlier that Jacob lied to Nessie, and Nahuel comes in to save the day. I love that boy he is so awesome I was so wanting him with Nessie.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I don't think the love triangle would happen, because Jacob imprinted on Nessie, so that gives him a permanent hold on him. It would just be nahuel making a move, being rejected, etc. jacob would always win.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

spicey16 wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:I'm just waiting for the whole Nahuel-Reneesmee-Jacob triangle to begin. I'm sure Nahuel was intrigued to learn that there was a female half vampire-half human out there that he wasn't related to. All by himself for 150 years, poor thing. Reneesmee is the only person he could probably be with without hurting or potentially killing. I know he has this new-found hope now for his existence, but I still can't help but feel bad for him.
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
we dont know what would happen to Nessie if she was bitten do we?? She has the same chromosomes as jacob and supposedly he would die if ever bitten however she is 1\2 vamp. already so i wonder what would happen?? Kill off her human half?
If Renesmee is bitten, she would become a full vampire. Remember in BD when Edward & Carlisle were discussing hybrids and Renesmee's racing age and there was only one way to stop it. Bella did not want to do that to her. She feared the danger in it. But I would have thought that if they waited until she was at the right maturity level/age then she could be transformed safely.(But then again immortal children were created without death).

I thought Nahuel was a sympathetic character - my heart ran out to him when he watched Edward, Bella & Nez go home and he looked like he wanted to go with them so bad. I think he would have loved to get to know Nez and talk with Edward & Bella - just to get to know them. Well, since they plan to visit the Rain Forest to see Zafrina, you can count on Nahuel showing up, but I don't really think he would try anything with Renesmee when she gets older; not if he wants to live. :lol:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict