A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 15 ~ Pressure

Post by Alphie »

These questions were created by BHG - (that's bronzehairdgirl for those of you who haven't figured that out yet!)

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen?

2.) What did you think about Jacob calling himself a monster?

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time?

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information?

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die?
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Re: Chapter 15 ~ Pressure

Post by la_tua_cantante »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen?
I was afraid of what Victoria would do, but relatively sure the wolves would protect Bella and Charlie.

I agreed. LOL.

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time?
I don't know what he was thinking, but I'm pretty sure his reaction was disgust and a confirmation that the wolved were right to dislike vampires.

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information?
I honestly thought she was being a bit of a traitor, because she knew that the wolves were anti-Cullen, even though they had no reason to be.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die?
I assumed she wouldn't die, but I was worried about what would happen next, ESPECIALLY when she mentioned the "fire on the water" because I instantly thought that was Victoria.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Sunshine
Settled in Forks

Post by Sunshine »

I knew Victoria wouldn't get to her. One vampire against a pack or werewolves? There's no way she could have won.

I'm not really sure what I thought of that. I guess I have mixed feelings.

I think he thought that she some sort of special vampire. Not completely vampire, but not human either.

I remember I felt like hitting something. Didn't she realize that the pack might use this against the Cullens?

I thought the jumping off the cliff was a bit melodramatic. I understand that she wanted to hear his voice, but risking your life like that is madness. No, I didn't think she was going to die. I actually thought that Edward would be the one to save her, not Jacob. I was actually a bit disappointed.
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I was thinking she has sucky Spring breaks!!! I knew that she was safe, but Victoria wouldn't stop. I was wondering who would get hurt trying to protect her.

I felt bad for him. I was sad that he thought of himself like that. He can't help what he was born. They are going against the stigma that "werewolf" usually brings by doing good and protecting people.

It is understandable that he would be furious. His being is to fight vampires and protect people. Now he knows that someone he knows/love was bitten by the creatures he is meant to destroy.... Knowing that he almost lost her, by death or by her being turned, him being upset is easy to understand. He is probably wondering what repercussions will come... Is she different...Are than any lasting effects from the venom being in her...

I felt like se felt the need to tell him. She didn't think they were ever coming back, therefore it would hurt if they knew. But like she has said/thought before it wasn't her secret to tell. It was betraying the relationship she had with the Cullen's (not only Edward...She told Alice's secret). She could have said they have abilities but not exactly what they were. She could have told him it wasn't her secret to tell (like he told her) and it isn't that she did want him to know, but didn't want the whole pack knowing all the details.

I thought it was a bit much. She should have waited for Jacob to insure her safety. But she didn't. I knew her seeing Edward was a figment of her imagination. It was her sub-conscience trying to make "dying" easier, I guess. She needed to see him again. Maybe for a second I thought it was really him, but then I snapped out of it. I didn't think she would die, there were to many pages left for her to die!!! But it was how is she going to get out of this.
ImageImage
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

Edward would return! :P

I thought that it was natural for him to think that. Werewolves, vampires are usually considered monsters...so it's only natural to think that once he became a werewolf, he'd think himself a monster. I agree with Bella though, in that he isn't a monster. It's like what Bella said, it isn't what he is, it's what he does...or something along those lines..

It was an interesting reaction. I wish there would have been a bit more detail in that because Bella did say to him that Edward sucked the venom out and saved her by doing that....and then Jacob started to shake with anger...I assume he wanted to kill James...but I would have loved to have known what he was thinking about Edward at the time!

I don't know how I feel about that. It wasn't really her secret to share but I can't see how any harm would have come from it so....

I was afraid that she would die but then again...it's a long book and they really can't kill off a main character halfway through the book! 8-)
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

idk

justified! lol

i think he was cursing all ... "blood suckers"...ahhem!

idk...

yes
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

some of these questions fascinate me. I actually never gave thought to that question until now. :)

It is quite acceptable! I mean, he is a monster to a certain degree. I loveable, wonderful, and beautiful monster really. I mean Elmo (Sesame Street) and Sully (Monsters Inc.) are monsters but we love them. Oh gosh, I can't believe that I made that analagie to support my feelings.

When Jacob discovered Bella was bitten by James, I think he laid it out for us exactly as he thought "How come you are not a vampire then?"

I felt that Bella was a little out of line. This wasn't her secret to tell. I think it was okay though because she trusts Jacob so much that SHE was okay with it. I also think that as an author, you remind your readers of previous books --- like anyone would read New Moon first ---- I just notice that in sequils. Maybe it was Stepenies way of subconciously reminding and informing readers. I really do think these this as I read there parts of books.

I so thought Bella was comitting suicide. Honestly.. she noticed the ominous clouds, rough sea, approaching storm... I mean I thought Bella had gone insaine finally and was planning to die. THEN... she hears Edwards voice and I though okay good enough... you don't need to jump to hear Edward again... come back tomorow and go as far as you need to until you hear Edward. Then the silly girl jumped and I thought HOLY CROW! I was happy when Bella saw Edward in the water. I hoped that he had come to rescue her. I was not confident that would happen. I would have thought she was going to die if I didn't know there were 2 more books, so No.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

uh, victoria wants to kill bella and it's not like she's going to forget. and poor bella never can really help herself so that = edward.

i thought it was really sad, he can't help who he is, he can help what he does. he's not a monster in any way, but that's how he sees himself, which is really depressing.

his nature is to hate vampires, of course he was furious and upset. he never wants to imagine bella bitten, being one of the things he's supposed to despise.

i dont think it was a very smart idea at all. of course jacob's her best friend but the wolves are the vampires enemies and they weren't on very friendly terms at this point.

i didn't think she was going to die really, that would be a horrible book to read, but it was very stupid of her. seeing edward was in her mind but it's why she did it anyway.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1.) That some bad vampire was comign to kill her, wild guess.

2.) He technically is one, as a werewolf you could place him barely in that catagory. Otherwise, as a person, nope.

3.) Why isn't she a bloodsucker?

4.) She should avoid giving him that much info, even if they are gone.

5.) I knew she wouldn't die. I just thought she was going through another mental breakdown, sort of.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen? I thought that Victoria was coming for her.

2.) What did you think about Jacob calling himself a monster? I thought that he was being hard on himself; he's only been a wolf for a little while. After some time, he'd get used to the phasing and be better able to control himself.

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time? I was thinking that he couldn't stand the idea of Bella being hurt by a vampire or turned into one.

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information? I think that she thought it didn't matter what Jake knew, because she truly thought the Cullens would never come back there.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die? OMG! I was yelling at her in my head! I cried and cried when she said "goodbye, I love you." I did think she was dying.