The Shrek movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: The Shrek movies

Post by jonsgirljen »

The first Shrek movie was just classic! There were so many good lines and just hilarious parts of that movie. A friend and I used to quote that movie back and forth to each other all the time. The second one was pretty good too, but I wasn't really sure about the third one. Maybe I'll just have to watch it again...
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Shrek had a bit of an Edward-complex in the third one with the whole "I'm a monster so my children will probably be monsters" thing.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Out of all three, I'd have to say that the third one was the most funniest thing ever! I was dying the whole time. From the dying frog scene to Shrek's baby nightmares while on the ship. :lol:
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I liked the first movie a lot. The second one was pretty good but I did not like the 3rd one at all! I've only watched it the one time but wasn't a fan. And I heard they're making a 4th one, my goodness. How many do they need to make? These movies might be another one that gets beat to death (like the Land Before Time movies there's like 10+ out there!) I guess as long as people continue to go see them they'll keep making them.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I don't mind if they make another one. I mean, this is one of the movies I can never get sick of watching because its not really intended for children, haha. :lol:
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
PhantasmaWolf
Learning to Love Green

Post by PhantasmaWolf »

Oh! I used to absoloutly love those movies! I still like them, but not as much as I used too. I'd have to say the first and second are my favorite. The third was...okay...I suppose, but it wasn't the same as the other two. I think a fourth one is going too far, though. How many do they need? I wish it wasn't becoming something too overhyped like, say, High School Musical. *cough*
SilentHeart
Wandering Through Town

Post by SilentHeart »

I've so loved Shreck! Puss in Boots was my favorite character, how could you not love those puppy eyes? =). I think the third movie was all right, but that they are kinda streching it. Still, it was pretty funny and had some good lines. Plus, I laughed so hard when Shreck says: Honey, let's try to be rational. Have you seen a baby lately? They just eat and poop and they cry, and they cry when they poop and they poop when they cry. Now, imagine an ogre baby: They extra cry, and they extra poop! (or something like that) It reminds me of what I used to think of my little brother.
Wasn't there a short Christmas episode, too? I can't remember what it was about, I think I saw it this year... or was it last? Anyway, I can see this thread is almost dead. Come on! Not one little line that made you laugh so hard you still can't forget it? I think it has quite an interesting approach on fairytales, really spices them up! :lol: Well, I'll be watching it, if they are going to make another one.