SM's Vampires Vs. Other Vampires

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: SM's Vampires Vs. Other Vampires

Post by Dorito »

The sun part really changed the whole dimension of the vampire. It's great the past was called myth and thus making the vampire even stronger, the shepard rather than the sheep. With all the previous ways they could be harmed/killed, really it just made for children's stories to put them into bed at night. They even have their own government, or kingdom, in the form of the Volturi, to keep things under control with their breed. It's hard to look at other stories the same, and this inspires me to write in the world that SM has created.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

i agree with you all about the hole sun thing and i read some books about how they hve to have certian thing s on the vampires like rings and stuff i think that is a good idea but i like sm more with the sparkle and for the hole kingdom is good couse it shows wre the y came from and how old they are and others are a little werid on how they get changed into vampires but i like other books like that but mostly the romances
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Moonlight the now cancelled show from CBS and was my personal fave, introduced a vampire with a conscious.
Mick St. John was turned on his wedding night by his sire and wife Coraline. She lived back during the French Revolution and was part of the French Royal family. Mick felt betrayed and his self-loathing was only equaled by Edward's self-loathing.

I also liked the vampires of Moonlight because even though they could not be directly in the sun, they could still be out for a short time before their strength would wane. They could be in the shade a bit longer, though.
SM's vampires could be out in the sun all day, but in private. I thought the concept of sparkling due to the venom that flowed in their tissues was unique and interesting.

Also, whereas the skin of other vampires could be penetrated, they could heal rapidly. SM's vampires had impenetrable skin - marble hard and micro-fine in appearance.

Both vampire worlds had extreme speed, strength, immortality and inhuman beauty.
In Moonlight, the vampires could 'smell' each other, but Mick described the smell as decay. The older the vampire, the stronger the decay. But in SMs world, the vampires smelled wonderful - like a carnivorous flower; as Alice described.

Overall, I enjoyed SM's vampires a bit more.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

One thing I despised about the show Moonlight: Joss Whedon did it all, and better, during the shows Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and its spinoff, Angel. The character of Angel was well-made and portrayed very well by David Boreanaz. I remember seeing glimpses of Moonlight and thinking- they've already done this!

Bit of trivia- the actress who plays that reporter in Moonlight, was also in the first season of Angel, as a police officer.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

SM's vamps totally pwn the others. :] Just like other people have mentioned, I love the whole sparkling in the sun thing. That's so much cooler than turning to ashes or whatever. SM vampires should now be considered the "classic" version of a vampire instead of all those other myths. The only thing I don't like is that they don't have fangs. I think that they should.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

ringswraith wrote:One thing I despised about the show Moonlight: Joss Whedon did it all, and better, during the shows Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and its spinoff, Angel. The character of Angel was well-made and portrayed very well by David Boreanaz. I remember seeing glimpses of Moonlight and thinking- they've already done this!

Bit of trivia- the actress who plays that reporter in Moonlight, was also in the first season of Angel, as a police officer.
That actress is Sophia Myles who played Beth Turner.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

One of the reasons I love Twilight (and even considered reading it) was the fact that the vampires are different from your "normal" idea of what a vampire should be & do, especially the Cullens. (I never was into vampire books or movies before.) They're good people with good hearts and can love and care for others. I also love how they sparkle in the sun (DID NOT see that one coming!) but that's what so cool to me. On shows like Angel the vampires face turns all weird & kind of icky. I like the fact that they don't have fangs that's another cool aspect to me that makes them seem like humans, and also help them be able to live among humans. I also love the color of their eyes the gold is awesome! (so cool in the movie I gotta say)I also love the idea of how they change color based on how hungry they are & what kind of a diet they're on (human vs animal blood. So basically I love SM's world she's created of this different ideas of vampires. SM is just amazing!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bellsuz »

I love how 'real' Stephenie's vampires seem. It makes much more sense that they can't come out during the day because they sparkle, not because they would turn to dust. At least to me it does.

*Okay, don't kill me here, because I've seem the error of my ways* but, originally I didn't get into Twilight because I am a HUGE Buffy fan and LOVE Joss' vampires (love Spike!!!). I even had the flair on my facebook that said Spike could totally kick Edwards a**. <pause for the GASPS of horror>. I thought that Twilight was completely crazy because I saw a preview for the movie and Edward was out during the day. I would joke about it with my sister who was in love with Edward (BTW, she's the one who finally got me to cave and read the books, thank all that is holy that she didn't give up!) Since then I've done a complete 180. I am intrigued by how their skin is marble-like, how Stephenie describes their beauty and why they are beautiful, the way their eyes change when they're hungry, I could go on and on. I think about the Buffy vampires now and they seem rather simple to me, like too cliche. I'll take Edward over Angel any day.

p.s. I have since replaced the flair that won't be named with like a million pieces of flair about Twilight :lol:
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

I love SM's vampires:

they Sparkle.. :D
totally serious.. *snickers*
even though, its does sound funny.

*my friend watching underworld trailer..*
friend: look! you like vamps and wolves right? we should watch this.
me: pssht..not impressed. those vamps don't even sparkle.
friend: :shock:
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

I like Sm's vampires much more. The classic ones seem much too, uh flying, too much gel using, biting, castle owning, un-sparkly, ash turning, and girl-napping things that only come out at night and do the whole "MWAHAHAHAHA" bit. Just can't compare to my awesome sparkly vampires. :D
ImageImageImage