Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Re: Embry Call

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

i like embry but i hate how you never find out who his father is ..(at least i think its embry that has no father in the books it just says it could be one of the tohers dads)
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

DunnerheartsTwilight wrote:i like embry but i hate how you never find out who his father is ..(at least i think its embry that has no father in the books it just says it could be one of the tohers dads)
Yes, as leahroselover stated, Stephenie Meyer herself says that she never really thought about which one was his father. I guess it wasn't really necessary to the story, and it leaves us all to let our imaginations run wild. I always thought it was Sam's dad since I believe it was said that he left his family when Sam was very young. At least, that's nicer than thinking of Billy or the other cheating on their wives.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

Embry is hot, he is really cute.

My theory was that Billy is his dad, cause when jake leaves the pack and jake has the conversation with jared, jacob wonders why Collin came instead of Embry and then Seth says that Quil is having a hard time but Embry probably has even a harder time with jacob being gone. Don`t know why but when I read this is suddenly came to me that he might be his half brother.
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
Movielover22
Settled in Forks

Post by Movielover22 »

So I have to wonder how Embry was doing as a werewolf before Jacob showed up, and then Quil. After all, he is the first of the three friends to change. I wonder if he felt maybe a portion of how Jacob felt with Bella, wishing he could share this with his friends, yet unable to. Jacob and Quil were definitely worrying about Embry after he changed, was he having trouble basically ignoring his best friends? I started to think about this and I started to feel a little pity for him. Was he just doing as it mentioned in New Moon the others were doing before Quil changed, and just sort of waiting around, knowing that sooner or later his friends would join him and he would be able to talk to them about the things that were going on?

But apart from that whole thing, I really liked Embry, he seemed to balance out the group by being the shy, quiet one, both when it was just him, Jacob, and Quil, and then later when it was the whole pack. He really appealed to me and I wish there was more of his character in the books.
"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope." ~ Jasper Hale
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I like Embry!
Movielover22 wrote:He really appealed to me and I wish there was more of his character in the books.
Me too, I wish he imprinted on someone nice :D
I DO NOT like those awful fanfics about Embry and Leah, that's just wrong.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

katthegreat11
Settled in Forks

Post by katthegreat11 »

Embry... I could see that becoming a popular name for baby boys in the next few years, but that's irrelevent.

Okay, so I brought this up on another board, and I wanted to hear your take on it:
http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... f=15&t=381
If you didn't bother to click the link: We know that the three possible candidates for Embry's father are Old Quil Ateara, Joshua Uley, and Billy Black (why isn't Harry Clearwater on the list?). If it were Billy Black, wouldn't Embry have the right to become an Alpha?

One person said that the right probably went to the eldest, but wouldn't Jake's oldest sister be the rightful Alpha (or be a wolf for that matter)?

Just throwing the idea out there...
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

I just read that Krys is not going to play Embry in New Moon :cry:
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

^I know, it's so sad!!! Wonder how good the new Embry'll be

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

StarAngelBayBee7 wrote:Hey, did anyone noticed that Jacob said somewhere in New Moon (I forgot where though) that Embry was named after a Soap Opera star or something like that and his life is sort of Soap Opera-ish? :D Sorry, I just thought that was a funny coincidence... but that could be just me!

Awww! I really never thought about that until you mentioned it. The question is does anyone know what Soap Opera Embry's name came from??? That would be awesome to see. I wonder if his character had the same drama that Embry does.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

SM says she doesnt know who his father is but i think it is either Sam Sr. or possibly Billy after his wife died. does anyone remember how old jacob was when his mom died? I dont want to think that any of them would cheat.