Re: Victoria

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

Hmmmmm I picture her being like jasper's age idk
Image Image
Lightwish
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Lightwish »

Was Victoria created by Laurent or do we not know who made her?
I am a faithfull Twi-Guy!
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

i dont think it would be Laurent because didn't he say that he joined Victoria and James's coven? Maybe James did creat her, knowing she would be special, like Jane Alec and Benjamin.
Image Image
shakespeareowns
Settled in Forks

Post by shakespeareowns »

I like Victoria. I think she's the strongest character in the saga. I actually wish she hadn't been killed.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I do not think of Victoria as "evil." At first when she came to the baseball game, she was merely scoping out the area with the rest of her coven. Of course, she wasn't a vegetarian vampire, so Victoria was probably interested in "eating" Bella as much as James and Laurent. When James decided he was going to hunt Bella, Victoria took his side because of her addiction to human blood AND the fact that they were mates.
Once James died, it turned Victoria. I still don't think of her as evil because she was driven by revenge. It wasn't like she wanted to kill Bella because she was Bella like James did, she wanted revenge. There must have been major grief happening inside her and she just wanted to avenge James. She obviously seemed evil in our fan eyes because she was an enemy of the Cullens, and in our eyes an enemy of the Cullens is the enemy of us. Instead of being driven by the viciousness of killing Bella, she was driven by curiosity, grief and love to kill the Cullens because of what they did to James.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:I do not think of Victoria as "evil." At first when she came to the baseball game, she was merely scoping out the area with the rest of her coven. Of course, she wasn't a vegetarian vampire, so Victoria was probably interested in "eating" Bella as much as James and Laurent. When James decided he was going to hunt Bella, Victoria took his side because of her addiction to human blood AND the fact that they were mates.
Once James died, it turned Victoria. I still don't think of her as evil because she was driven by revenge. It wasn't like she wanted to kill Bella because she was Bella like James did, she wanted revenge. There must have been major grief happening inside her and she just wanted to avenge James. She obviously seemed evil in our fan eyes because she was an enemy of the Cullens, and in our eyes an enemy of the Cullens is the enemy of us. Instead of being driven by the viciousness of killing Bella, she was driven by curiosity, grief and love to kill the Cullens because of what they did to James.
I agree with you. As James was the tracker, she had to join him in his hunt. Because of her nature, too. She wanted to eat Bella, it can be as simple as that. And the mate thing didn't help with her forgiving the Cullens. Actually, James started it all. If the Cullens wouldn't have killed him, Victoria wouldn't have a reason to seek revenge. The most honest of people can do really bad things for revenge. I mean that globally.
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
catchick
Settled in Forks

Post by catchick »

I like Victoria.
Sure, she's a bit on the evil side, but she's a really cool character. At first, I didn't like her, and when I read the books for the first time, especially New Moon and Eclipse [mostly Eclipse], I was really freaked out. (Okay...maybe reading at midnight wasn't the best idea). I found it so creepy the way she was not exactly there, but always in the shadows. But now, once I got past the whole creepiness thing, I think she's a really cool character, and even though she kind of deserved what happened to her, I wish she hadn't died.
TNO
Wandering Through Town

Post by TNO »

Victoria (and, to a lesser extent, James) were my favourite characters. I almost didn't read Breaking Dawn because the only "villains" left were the Volturi, and they'd already shown themselves to be pathetic wimps.
Anyway. Victoria. I think part of the reason I like her so much is she reminds me of Bellatrix from HP; the (possibly) unrequited, unconditional love/obsession for a superior/figure of authority, the demented, crazed aspect of both characters, the awesome hair, the fearless defense of their objects of love/obsession... yeah. And I love Bellatrix. Also, I have a soft spot for antagonists; always have.
Victoria was one of the strongest female characters in Twilight. She was brokenhearted when her lover was killed, but, unlike Bella or even Leah she decided to actually do something about it, and to hell with the consequences. She made a plan, acted upon it, and very nearly succeeded.
alicecullenrox33
Settled in Forks

Post by alicecullenrox33 »

I think shes really pretty, but i dont really like her, cuz she kills people. actually, wait, i like her cuz shes kinda the evil person, thats really kewl, and shes brave enough to go against a clan of vampires
Alice Cullen foreva
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I don't think Victoria is evil, but I don't give her a free pass just because she was out for revenge. I understand her wanting to get Edward, but I think we all forget that her beef wasn't with Bella, it was with Edward. She decided to use Bella to hurt Edward the most - make him lose his mate like she lost hers. She crossed the line when she dragged innocents into her quest for revenge, such as Bella and the newborn army she made, not only all the humans who were slaughtered by them.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...