Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Kyrie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Renesmee #2

Post by Kyrie »

i2foundu wrote:I found this topic brougt up once during the Renesmee forum but the question was never answered. Renesmee sleeps now whie she is growing at such a high rate, but what will her sleeping habits be after she is fully grown.
I suppose we don't have anything concrete to go on, but I'd chance a guess that as she matures, her human needs and weaknesses would become gradually less pronounced, including the need to sleep. She could probably go for days, weeks or maybe even months without sleep when fully grown. And the amount of sleep needed would probably lower than what we need - exactly how much perhaps depending on how long she's been going without sleep.

But; even if you didn't need sleep, wouldn't you still want to sleep every now and then if you could? I mean, sleep is kind of satisfying, and it quickly becomes a habit. :P
The Sword and the Cross - fanfic in progress.
suzyq248
Learning to Love Green

Post by suzyq248 »

I actually think she will continue to need to sleep every night. She is so close to Jacob in development in the sense that he grew very quickly when the werewolf gene triggered and then stopped aging but he still needs sleep. I would imagine it would be similar to this.
"Fall down again, Bella?"
"No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face."
TwilightxSagaxLover
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightxSagaxLover »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Yay, a new Renesmee thread shinier than her parents in the sun! Last topic was how Nessie would react if a member of her family had an accident... actually, last topic was that we needed a new thread. New Question:

Which members of her family do you think Nessie will be closest to when she grows up? Which parent?
Here are my thoughts...
I think that Renesmee™ will have her different relationships with each member of the family...
Alice: To me, Alice and Renesmee™ are very much alike.They are both kinda spunky and like hyper and seems to me like they both love fashion. It also appears that they naturally just share a bond.(not that we got to see much of it)I think that Renesmee™ would be able to go to Alice for anything.
Rosalie: I think that Rosalie and Renesmee™ will have more of a shopping partner. I think they will have more like share my clothes go to the movies kind of a relationship.
Jasper, Emmett: Well i think these two can be grouped together because i think that even though their personalities aren't alike, that they balance each other out and their relationships with Renesmee™ would be similar.I think that they will be the protective uncles who will always be there for her and be able to help her if Jacob(or anyone else) get out of line.
Emse, Carlisle, Charlie:I think it is safe to say that Renesmee™ has the best group of grandparents in the whole world. I think that they will always watch out for her and know what is best for her.
Jacob: As much as i hate to admit it, Renesmee™ loves Jacob and vise versa. I think that Jacob cares more about her being safe then when they will get married. I think he will be like Renesmee™ best friend who she can trust.
Bella: Of course as a mother and daughter they will always have a bond that no one can understand. But i think since Renesmee™ will be as old as Bella, or at least appear that way that, that their bond will be stronger because Bella will be able to direct Renesmee™ but Renesmee™ will also be able to return the favor.
Edward: Now there is nothing like the love of a daddy and daughter. I think Edward will crumble under Renesmee's™ every wish. But i also think that Renesmee™ won't be greety enough to ask for everything from her dad and that they will have good quality time together. But i think that Edward would be the most protective father, duh vampire, and be able to keep her from any harm coming to her.

So i don't think she will be closer with someone but i think they will all have their special relationships with her.
They were not calling to me; they were letting me go, leaving me to the black universe I had wandered for so many lifetimes. It wasn't black at all, it was blue. Warm, vibrant, brilliant blue... i floated into it with no fear at all.
Team Edward
i2foundu
Wandering Through Town

Post by i2foundu »

I agree with Alice and Renesmee's relationship. Renesmee with play Alice's doll and I think Renesmee will love it. For some reason I think that Rosalie will actually act more like mom. She will teach Renesmee more etiquette. I can see them walking around the room with books on their heads and how much blush she should use. it will be easy for Bella to stay as the good guy. Bella will be the voice of reason almost as a best friend. Ness will not have to be told no very often, so she will be quite spoiled, but i don't think in the bratty sense. I can see Jasper and Ness fencing, "on guard" in the back yard. Emmett will be wrestling and tickleing her and trying to make her laugh every chance he gets. Then Rose will be yelling at him, "cut it out, she has a paper due tomorrow." Edward...I think for awhile he will just sit and watch in awe, teaching her to sit back and enjoy the view. As the muscian in the family. I'm sure he will try and find her artistic interest. Its kind of funny thinking about it she is so young and I feel like I have a hold on her personality. Maybe it is partially knowing that she won't get too caught up into the teenage antics knowing that Jacob will be around to keep her ... well settled. She will be so rounded in all mechanical, art, hmmm.... sounds a little too perfect I must be wrong somewhere. The idea of the perfect happily ever after....
Should Emmett be the one to teach Ness how to drive?
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

What would have happened if Renesmee had killed Bella during the birth?
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:What would have happened if Renesmee had killed Bella during the birth?
Ome, I don't even want to think about it.
I actually think he would let Jacob kill him, because like Eddie said, he wasn't going to outlive Bella by much.. and he promised if he let anything happen to her, then Jacob could kill him.
But Jacob wouldn't. Because Nessie is still alive, so he would still imprint on her, and then he wouldn't want to kill her father. Nessie wouldn't want her Dad dead, so Jacob would never do it.
This is a toughie.. but I know Edward would find a way to die.
He might've tried another shot at the volturi thing..
He could tell them that Nessie is an immortal child, and that as punishment, they should kill him.
But then, they would have to kill Nessie and the others aswell...
BUT! Once Edward has been killed, they could show them that she isn't, like they did in the book.

Or alternatively.. He could burn himself? Or rip himself apart and burn him. lol! I don't know.
He would find someway to die using the Volturi.. even though they would rather keep him because of his talent.

I DONT WANT TO THINK OF WAYS EDWARD CAN DIE :cry: It's too depressing.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Well, my question was more about how Renesmee would feel about killing the first person she ever loved, also a depressing subject, I know.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

This may be a really stupid question. I don't know much about science or medicine. But, Renesmee was very intelligent, even while she was still in the womb. She loved Bella. And she was figuring out what was hurting Bella. The fact that she knew she was hurting Bella when she moved indicates she had some idea of what was going on with Bella and everyone. Could she hear? Did she also know that Edward was calling her "the fetus" and wanting to get rid of her? Did she know that Jacob absolutely hated her until he first saw her? If she did, do you think it will eventually bother her that her own dad didn't want her, that her future boyfriend had a big problem with her and wanted to kill her?
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

eclipserox that's a very interesting question. I never thougth about it. I think if she did know she's smart enough that they would be able to explain to her what was going on & what they were thinking & why they were so scared & felt the way they did at the time. :?

for me Renesmee was definitely the biggest surprise when it comes to characters. but a wonderful & delightful surprise. she seems like just the most adorable, wonderful, smart, cute, toddler ever! and she probably would never go through that teenage phase of being rebellious, and a smart alek, and driving her parents crazy. Bella & Edward got lucky with her.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

First time on the Renesmee thread! First of all, TwilightxSagaxLover, I found your Renesmee™ funny! Don't know if it was supposed to be... but the trademark (every single time you typed her name!) made me giggle!
who_needs_fangs? wrote:What would have happened if Renesmee had killed Bella during the birth?
Well, from what I've read in other books about children who's mothers die in childbirth, I think Renesmee would feel guilty, just like you said. But the extreme circumstances, and her heightened abilities, would make that guilt even stronger. Plus the fact she would know that Bella knew the risks but took them anyway. Edward (b/c I honestly don't think he would die even if Bella did), Rose, Esme & many others would expend much effort trying to appease the guilt, but it would probably always be present.
eclipserox wrote:This may be a really stupid question. I don't know much about science or medicine. But, Renesmee was very intelligent, even while she was still in the womb. She loved Bella. And she was figuring out what was hurting Bella. The fact that she knew she was hurting Bella when she moved indicates she had some idea of what was going on with Bella and everyone. Could she hear? Did she also know that Edward was calling her "the fetus" and wanting to get rid of her? Did she know that Jacob absolutely hated her until he first saw her? If she did, do you think it will eventually bother her that her own dad didn't want her, that her future boyfriend had a big problem with her and wanted to kill her?
From the little I understand about babies in utero, they can hear. But, I don't think she could understand Edward until he first heard her mind. At that point, I'm pretty sure she heard (and maybe understood) all the negativity (I'm looking at you, Jacob) around her. As pennybug84 said, I think they would probably explain it to her in the best way they could -- especially considering the extreme circumstances and especially Jake. He really does have some 'splaining to do.

I do, however, think it would bother her. How could it not? Even a fully human baby would feel crappy about that. Man. I NEVER thought about that and now I don't want to! :(

Image Image Image