Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: If there is a New Moon

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

it would be really hard to make a Breaking Dawn movie...everyone changes so much so quickly. Well, mainly Bella and Renesmee. And a third of the story is told from Jacob's point of view. And he's a wolf most of the time...not to mention that he and Leah communicate in each others' heads. So.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

Soubiluv98
Wandering Through Town

Post by Soubiluv98 »

I think it would make a half decent movie.. but i mean. It's going to suck watching Bella break down to the point of "living death" that was so sad.
But i do think they could do some cool stuff with the werewolfs.. there's defiantly going to be a ton more action that's for sure.
And just on another note, i did hear Catherine say in an interview that she would like to "beef" up the Cullen goodness. That would be awesome too. :)
but yeah, Hopefully, Twilight does amazing so we can see it ALL brought to life!!

thou shalt not eat of it
thou shalt surely die
Soubiluv98
Wandering Through Town

Post by Soubiluv98 »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:it would be really hard to make a Breaking Dawn movie...everyone changes so much so quickly. Well, mainly Bella and Renesmee. And a third of the story is told from Jacob's point of view. And he's a wolf most of the time...not to mention that he and Leah communicate in each others' heads. So.
Even SM thinks it would be too difficult, with Renesmee and everything else that happens. I think they should just end with eclipse and the wedding! that would be cute! :)

thou shalt not eat of it
thou shalt surely die
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Nooo you can't end with Eclipse - then there's no Renesmee or Bella being a vampire or any of the lovely lovely things in that book! :)

The first book of Breaking Dawn can be summed up pretty quickly - wedding, sexy times, pregnant. That's good though, because there's SOOOO much in the rest of the book.

That being said, Breaking Dawn will be problematic too. They'll probably try to smoosh as many scenes were the wolves are "talking" to each other into scenes were they are all in human form - but they've probably addressed the "wolves talk to each other in their heads" thing before we get to Breaking Dawn anyway. The hardest thing is going to be Renesmee. Going to have to find a pretty awesome 4ish year old for that.

Back to New Moon though - dear God, I hope that they get the rights to "Ride" by the Vines for whatever montage scene they make between Bella and Jacob riding bikes. Because, lets face it, who hears anything else in their head when they think of that? :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I think it would translate VERY well into a movie and that they BETTER keep that reunion scene in the movie when Bella wakes up after geting back from Volterra. That is my FAVORITE SCENE OUT OF THE WHOLE ****** SAGA. sorry rant over. SM was actually talking about it like if there was a NM and she said she feels bad for Kristen because of all the crazy stuff she has to do (motor cycle cliff diving running through a crowd of ppl LOL) But based on whether or not Twilight is successful will be the determining factor.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
Unwanted™
Settled in Forks

Post by Unwanted™ »

I would like if this song was part of the soundtrack of New Moon, because Bella didn't move from Forks, because she still had hopes that Edward wouldcome back for her. You all read what Charlie said about her Anger attack when he tried to talk her into going back to Seattle :lol:
The Script - "The Man Who Can't Be Moved"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JKaVGvgMXY
"Dying for somebody doesn't mean much. It's all about who you live for."

Edwhard
Settled in Forks

Post by Edwhard »

I think twilight is much too popular for there not to be a New Moon... well, unless the twilight movie sucks, which would be hard to do because well... it's twilight. Which makes it weird that I've never really thought of New Moon as a movie. I think it would be hard because there is not a lot of events that happen through the main part of the book, its all about mental struggle, and to be blunt, its hard to make that interesting. I think if they did make a movie they would add some extra scenes just to spice it up. On that topic, I hate it when they have to cut scenes from a movie to make it shorter, then add useless scenes that never actually happened. :!:
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I don't think the issue is whether or not New Moon will be made... it's if they will make Eclipse at the same time.

Let's face it - this thing is going to make money. I hope. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

I really really really hope they make not only New Moon, but Eclipse and Breaking Dawn as well. As im reading the books, I imagine how it would look in a movie and I think they are all very doable. Just got my fingers crossed and hoping Twilight does so well they couldnt not give at least New Moon (and then the rest) the green light. I agree on the filming back to back also like Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of the Rings.
bellathepoledancer
Settled in Forks

Post by bellathepoledancer »

I think it would be great if they made NM a movie. I love how Jake and Bella bond in it. Plus, we get to see even more of Taylor Lautner! ;)