Ways to convince others to read Twilight

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Re: Ways to convince others to read Twilight

Post by yanjan3 »

step1: Bring with you a 'posse' of twilighters when you're with the intended victim/s.
step2: Converse about the wonders of Twilight and everything Twilight related, try to include victim/s in the conversation.
step3: Offer to lend the said book.

It does usually work on the more reluctant ones, they'll be clawing to get their hands on that book... i found this technique very effective, next to making them watch the movie and saying "the book is a million times better!".
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

vampirechick101 wrote:
spookybell wrote:I have actually found that just giving the book to other people works.
really? I tried that sometimes but it never works :?
My friend has Twilight right now...he has had it since like 1 month ago and he's stil in chapter 10 :D
do I read too fast? or is that S L O W!!!!!! :?
I'd have to say S L O W.
ImageImageImage
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

I don't think there is a need to convince anyone to read Twilight now.

But I think it works when you talk and talk about all things twilight to the intended person (my younger brother :lol: ) or asked that person out to watch the movie (my guy friend). It will usually catch their attention.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Usually for the more anti-Twilighters, I make a bet with them (money works wondered) that they'll get addicted to Twilight after reading it. Most of the time, my friends want to prove me wrong, so they're all "I won't get addicted to it, wanna bet?".

Of course...I always win. :roll:
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Blubomer
Settled in Forks

Post by Blubomer »

I have a way that may make people read Twilight. If you wish to hear about it...course, you don't have to if you don't want to. It IS a great plan that will make people love Twilight more than life itself, but, why waste it?
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

This worked for me...

I do have two friends who are as addicted to the books (and movie) as I am, but I only see them when I visit my mom and have a borthdays party. When I see them we are always talking about the books and our plans to see new moon together.
My mom got a bit crazy about it....but i couldn't convince her to read the books until two week ago...

I brought the twilight dvd home with me, cause I was planning on being alone that night, but plans changed and my mom watched the movie with me.... she didn't like it very much, so I kept going about how the books were so much better then the movie... I said to her "just like with Harry potter mom, the books contains so much more" (she is really addicted to Harry Potter), next day we went shopping and she decided to buy the twilight book ( she reads them in dutch while I only have them in englisch)
I hope she really love it... she promissed that if she would like it she would come with me to new moon....
I'm now trying the same tactic on other friend but I'm just started so I have to wait for any results
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house