General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Favorite Book of the Saga

Post by urcoolcarrie »

The series goes in this order for me: Twilight, Breaking Dawn, Eclipse, New Moon.

I like Twilight the most just because it was the beginning of the whole story. Its the one that got me into the story when I first read it, and I haven't been able to get away from it since. That one book opened up so many reading allies I could take. I didn't know one book could change my life so absolutely, but Stephenie proved me wrong when she wrote Twilight. Its amazing. Heck, I know its not just me. Its affected my entire high school. All the girls (and now guys) now go home and read for a couple hours each night before they go to bed. Its so cool that this book could do so much.

The thing is, the only reason New Moon isn't higher on my list is because Edward wasn't there for the middle part. I LOVE the ending of it. If we were having a contest on the last 5 chapters of the books, New Moon would win. I think the chapter where Edward is trying to convince Bella that its not a dream and that all he said was a lie is AMAZING. I cried through that whole chapter because I felt like it was all happening to me as well as Bella.

Oh, and one more thing. Someone was talking about dropping the books for a while. I tried that....lasted about 2 weeks....didn't work out. :lol: The only reason I lasted even that long was because of the Lex. I can't survive without Twilight at the moment, and I'm just fine with that. People ask me why I am doing this to myself and why I can just go about reading the same book so many times, and its because I am having so much fun and enjoying myself doing it, and I think that as long as I'm happy, I have permission to read the saga as many times as I want. :) (even if I am about to start my 15th time... :D )
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
MaryAuksi
Settled in Forks

Post by MaryAuksi »

Twilight and Breaking Dawn, for sure.

For one, Twilight was the first book of the series and the story was just beginning. It gave us a somewhat innocent start to the series (okay, maybe not, if you count James, but most of the book wasn't like that).
And then there were New Moon and Eclipse... And I yelled because I was so angry! :lol: I couldn't believe that there was a boy -Jacob- who could be SO hugely annoying. He just didn't give up and that was what I really hated about NM and Eclipse.
And then, I started reading Breaking Dawn. At first, Jacob was still pretty annoying, but that stopped after a while, and I didn't even mind that 1/3 of the book was in Jacob's POV. Because it was good. It was really, really good. I especially loved all the other vampires that came as witnesses, because they gave me a laugh. I still love Stefan and Vladimir. They were hilarious. And Garrett was awesome. And, to talk about werewolves for a minute, I REALLY love Seth now. He is so adorable =)
SilentHeart
Wandering Through Town

Post by SilentHeart »

Hey!
I love all the books for different reasons, so it was really hard to choose. But I've decided that my favorite one would be New Moon.
I'm a bad reader, I have to admit. That's because I have to know the end, or else it will keep bugging me and I won't be able to finish any book (I am working on this). Having read the Twilight Saga after all the books were out, it was hard to resist. So, when I began NM and reached the part where Edward left her, I quickly got BD and read the last page. It didn't ruin it for me, because I felt like Bella was going to end up with Edward no matter what, but I couldn't be sure. Anyway, I would have read regardless of what the ending would be like, I just had to know. So, after that I was only concerned of what Jacob would do, but even more of what it would be like for Bella. Untill this, I was only concerned in Edward, and I didn't think much of Bella, although we hear everything from her point of view. This brought other characters to my attention, and I am really grateful for that.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

This one's a toughie for me..
New Moon and Eclipse are fighting for first place at the moment...

New Moon - Yes, Edward left, but it was so unbelievably unselfish and utterly painful for him to leave Bella for her own safety.. And that's one reason why I love New Moon, that Edward would part from the one thing he loved so much, just so that thing would be safer. And then, coming back from Italy.. the night after.. the big speech Edward gave to Bella, explaining why he left, and explaining his undying love for her.. even though it was so sweet and passionate, it hurt to read it, because of that reason. And, even though he did leave, and left Bella in months or aching, excruciating pain, she didn't care, all she cared about was having him back.. and I thought that was so beautiful. If I ignore the middle of New Moon, and ignore Jacob, then NM turns out to be probably the most well written, most beautiful stories in the series.

Eclipse - Edward and Bella are safely back together, and I was 100% sure it would be forever. Ignoring Jacob once again, and focusing more on Edwards and Bellas relationship.. the whole protecting Bella issue, and again so unbelievably sweet, and I really envied Bella in this book, she didn't seem to cherish how unselfish and loving, and protective Edward was.. And Edward threatening Jacob after Bella's hand broke.. it was.. hot :twisted: It was the first time Edward showed a lot of emotion, and acted like a vampire when protecting what he loved. I got goosebumps. And when Edward kidnaps Bella and holds her hostage, that night *sweats* oh boy, I loved it. It was probably the first time we really see Edward let loose and become comfortable. Then theres the PROPOSAL and ENGAGEMENT.. Hallelujah, but, I was annoyed at Bellas attitude.. who cares if she marries at 18. Anywho, the ending of Eclipse broke my heart even further - and as if it wasn't broken enough already. Edward was so calm and lovely about the Bella-and-Jacob kiss. To stand there and say that if she chose him, then he would go along with it... I have NEVER felt so sorry for someone in my life..

So, while for most people NM and Eclipse probably wasn't their favourite in the series, mainly because of Edward being absent in NM, and the Jacob kiss in Eclipse... I just think it brought out more emotion and passion in Edward. For me, that's what made them my favourite. Edward is the most beautiful, unselfish, loving, passionate, makes-me-wanna-squee, person in the entire world :P. And then I remember its a fictional story... and I spiral down into a deep depression.

So, in conclusion... It's a close call between which is my favourite.. but I think I'm gunna have to say... Eclipse :cry:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

Breaking Dawn is my favorite! I know there are a lot of mixed feelings about it, but I was personally THRILLED with it. I was so happy to see my favorite couple get a beautiful, happy ending. So much happened and even 754 pages, I still wanted more! That's a sign of an amazing book. And an amazing author.
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
futrladyvol
Settled in Forks

Post by futrladyvol »

My favorite Twilight book would have to be Breaking Dawn. I love seeing Bella as a vampire! She is much more confident than she was in the previous books. Edward is not afraid of hurting her any more! It was such a good book!
edwardsblossom
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

My favorite would be Twilight. (In Order from Favorite to least-though I love them all pretty much- : Twilight, New Moon, Breaking Dawn, Eclipse) Not only was Twilight first, and just set everything up, which I think is a big task that proves greatness, but it is back when things were still fairly innocent. It was the beginning, and as complex as it was, Twilight was/is still more simple than the rest. I loved the story, most I think, when it was really, truly, just Edward and Bella together. No one else in their love, or interfering with it. It was just them, simple and clean. :D

*swoons at the nostalgia*
§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Davnee »

I'd have to go with this order: New Moon, Eclipse, Twilight, Breaking Dawn

New Moon is my absolute favorite. It's emotionally gutwrenching from beginning to end. And just when you think it's over, she continues to bring on the inner pain in Eclipse. I had to put these two books down a few times in the middle of reading just to get a grip. Intense. I enjoyed Twilight but I think her writing improved in the other three books so this one sort of takes a back seat to the others. And Breaking Dawn is incredible. It's wonderful to see everyone have a happy ending. Although the ending is a bit "meh" for me. I thought the Volturi would kick up a bigger fuss when confronted with the Cullens and their friends. Just seemed a little anticlimactic to me. But still loved it. All of it. :D
edwardsblossom
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

Davnee wrote:I'd have to go with this order: New Moon, Eclipse, Twilight, Breaking Dawn

New Moon is my absolute favorite. It's emotionally gutwrenching from beginning to end. And just when you think it's over, she continues to bring on the inner pain in Eclipse. I had to put these two books down a few times in the middle of reading just to get a grip. Intense. I enjoyed Twilight but I think her writing improved in the other three books so this one sort of takes a back seat to the others. And Breaking Dawn is incredible. It's wonderful to see everyone have a happy ending. Although the ending is a bit "meh" for me. I thought the Volturi would kick up a bigger fuss when confronted with the Cullens and their friends. Just seemed a little anticlimactic to me. But still loved it. All of it. :D

New Moon is really close to Twilight in rank for me too, the writing is amazing. I cried a couple times reading it. And what Bella went through made me even more emotionally attatched to her. It's a great book, I agree.

---

Which book cover do you like the most?
§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Davnee »

Which book cover? Hmmm, you know I've honestly never thought about that. But I'd have to say the New Moon cover. They're all visually stunning though - the brightness of the red is so dazzling (pun intended).