Edward vs. Jacob Campaign!

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Edward vs. Jacob Campaign!

Post by debussygirl »

1. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose? Hmmm, well before breaking dawn...I think it would be the night after Italy, when Edward comes back, kisses her after all that time, completes her, and she realizes how much he loves her. But of course I think that Isle Esme may have trumped that one. ;)

2. What do you think Edward said to Jacob to get him to come back to the tent? Honestly, I have no idea. maybe just that, if he cared about her he'd hear her out or something like that.

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold?
No.
4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this? Because that's how Bella views herself--an monster to take such two good people and break their hearts.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose? Probably their honeymoon night. All that pulling them deeper into the water.....Also, when she woke up after they returned from Italy and she realized Edward WAS there with her and the epiphany that followed that she knew he really did love her.

What do you think Edward said to Jacob to get himto come back to the tent? Just a guess, but maybe he said "you two need to work this out and I'll leave so that you can."

Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction ro Jacob's kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone's kiss or even just a hand hold? No.

The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named this? Because Bella felt like one in regards to Jacob & Edward - just like Cathy in Wuthering Heights. She felt like she was tearing them apart with her indecisions and/or decisions(and she was).
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Alright, so I'm thinking more and more, and I think maybe a debate would be good.
Like "The Edward Vs. Jacob debate of 2009", where we would set a date, and everybody show up to debate why they are their team. Discuss weaknesses and strengths, and likes and dislikes.
And It might give us a chance to fill up some pages, yes?

Maybe, what does everybody think?

In the meantime, here's a new question:

When do Jacob and Edward really accept each others in your mind?

Chloe : )
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
Caitygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Caitygirl1 »

When do Jacob and Edward really accept each other in your mind?
To me, Edward is the first to accept Jacob. He realizes that although its hard for himself, Jacob is a key member of Bella's family and sanity. I think this acceptance is in its full after the fight with Victoria when it is clear who Bella is going to choose. He has a lesser doubt in his mind and less resentment as the competition fades. Jacob, however, doesnt accept Edward until after Nessie is born and bella's heart starts beating again. I dont think he cared for Bella any less but like with Edward, the competitive nature was no longer in effect.
A simpler place,
where love was defined in simpler ways.
One plue one equals two.."

Team Edward -- Dazzling since 1918
navarre

Post by navarre »

threethings wrote:Alright, so I'm thinking more and more, and I think maybe a debate would be good.
Like "The Edward Vs. Jacob debate of 2009", where we would set a date, and everybody show up to debate why they are their team. Discuss weaknesses and strengths, and likes and dislikes.
And It might give us a chance to fill up some pages, yes?

Maybe, what does everybody think?

In the meantime, here's a new question:

When do Jacob and Edward really accept each others in your mind?

Chloe : )
I think that Edward was reluctantly accepting Jacob from the tent scene forward. Only because he was able to recognize the importance of Jacob in Bella's life and just the way he spoke to Jacob. Jacob, for his part in that scene called him "Edward" instead of "bloodsucker" - maybe not so much as accept but a very temporary truce.

But, the whole accepting of each other was in Breaking Dawn. I feel Renesmee's birth and subsequent imprint help to usher in the quieter relationship between Edward & Jacob. Jacob's focus was no longer on Bella, even though it was now on Renesmee' it was not a perverted situation, just a protector situation. Personalities and everything changed - permanently.
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

When do Jacob and Edward really accept each others in your mind? Well, I think it was a slow process for Edward. First he was able to accept Jacob as being Bella's friend in EC after the whole hostage scenario. Then he sees him more as a comrad-in-arms during the fight, and then into BD. I think it was hard for Edward to at first accept Jacob with his daughter (because let's face it, all dad are like that!). But somewhere along the third book of BD he did accept Jacob.
Jacob probably accepted Edward after he imprinted on Renesmee. I mean, it is a bad idea to upset the father. Especially if it's a vampire.
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

1. Why Team Edward? Because Edward is Bella's brand of heroin.

2. Favorite things about Edward? He's considerate, thoughtful, generous, kind, loving, and HOTT!
3. Things I'd change about Edward? I'd make him more forthcoming, so that Bella wouldn't have to find important things out secondhand, like maybe that a bloodthirsty vampire with a vendetta is still after her.
4. Favorite quotes from Edward? "You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me, ever." "If I could dream it would be of you, and I'm not ashamed." "It's amazing how someone so small can be so annoying."
5. Saddest moment for Edward? When he forced himself to leave Bella. *begins crying AGAIN*
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
navarre

Post by navarre »

Here's a Edward/Jacob questions:

If New Moon was written from Edward's POV and Jacob's POV, what title's would the books be?
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

If New Moon was written from Edward's POV and Jacob's POV, what title's would the books be?
Well, to go with the title themes...hmmm...let me think. *ponders*
Edward: Fallen Meteor
In his speech at the end, the meteor one, Edward says, "When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black."
Jacob: Supernovae
Supernovaes can trigger the forming of a star through its shock waves, so that's like him becoming a werewolf. And he was a star to Bella while her moon wasn't there.
topazeyes2
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by topazeyes2 »

Hey I'm a new member and here are my answers.
Why Team Edwardthere is no explanation he is just Edward which makes him awesome!
Favorite things about EdwardUmm he is funny but knows when to be serious he is smart he is generous, he's forgiving seriously what isn't good about him oh and he is HOT!!!
What would you change about Edward? I would change it so that he isn't blood thirsty cause that's kind of a setback.
Favorite quotes from Edward I can't remember the exact line but it's something like 'If we could your luck we would have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." Ha Ha
Saddest moment When he leaves Bella
Image[/img]
Bulldozer Trainee at E.D.C. Go Emmett!!!