Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Re: Non Book-based Scenes

Post by soozabooza54 »

Yes. I squee over Twilight happenings quite often. I shall let anyone who wants to take that word take it - it's a great multipurpose for when words just won't work. :)

Kellan really is adorable. But most of all, I'm really impressed with how grateful all the actors are of the fans. You don't see that a lot. Tres refreshing.

The one non-book scene that I'm a little concerned about, now that I think of it, is this scene where they are supposedly, like, returning to the Cullen's house to gear up for battle with James and they get all this stuff from the garage where it's hidden... like batteries and phones, etc etc. I think it's a little weird, but I guess it goes along better if they are trying to make it like James and Co. are the mortal enemies of the Cullens (which I think i read earlier in this thread somewhere...). Meh... I still think it's weird.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

yea, having them be mortal enemies from the beginning is definitely weird, but i think they did it so there would be some conflict/tension present from the start of the movie, otherwise some people might get bored if they thought it was just a straight love story. i think they're trying to appeal to a guy audience, too. i guess it doesn't really matter too much as long as they don't have them like smack talking each other--i'm sorry, i just had this vision of carlisle and james sending notes back and forth to each other: petty insults, your mama jokes and the like. lol sigh maybe i need more sleep.

oh speaking of sleep, i had a dream last night that i saw the twilight movie! and in my dream there was a scene where bella and edward start singing this song together? and then it cut to a scene of edward like floating through the desert. it was super weird so i hope i'm not prescient or something because....well, it was super weird. definitely a non book-based scene i would not want to see in the movie haha.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

i am SUPER excited for the 'flashbacks' scenes.
Some 30s outfits are just dazzling...not really, but if emmett, edward and carlise are wearing them... ^_____~
I thought that was really clever of them add that in, because i've alwaysss pondered about the cullens living in the 20th century.
and the accents...i hope they speak in some oldish american accent for those scenes *drools* <______<
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:yea, having them be mortal enemies from the beginning is definitely weird, but i think they did it so there would be some conflict/tension present from the start of the movie, otherwise some people might get bored if they thought it was just a straight love story. i think they're trying to appeal to a guy audience, too. i guess it doesn't really matter too much as long as they don't have them like smack talking each other--i'm sorry, i just had this vision of carlisle and james sending notes back and forth to each other: petty insults, your mama jokes and the like. lol sigh maybe i need more sleep.

XD bahaha i just bust out laughing!!! hahaha sending smacktalk notes back to one another...XD PRICELESS!!!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:i'm sorry, i just had this vision of carlisle and james sending notes back and forth to each other: petty insults, your mama jokes and the like. lol sigh maybe i need more sleep.
lmao that really is amazing

I think the only thing I'm really worried about is whether or not the Port Angelos scene will be there. I hate it when people do things that alter the plot too much, and that scene is just so crucial to everything. I know they're doing some non-book things, but as long as they keep it in check, I think it'll be okay.
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

BuffytheVampireLover wrote:
Tengo Nubs. wrote:i'm sorry, i just had this vision of carlisle and james sending notes back and forth to each other: petty insults, your mama jokes and the like. lol sigh maybe i need more sleep.
lmao that really is amazing

I think the only thing I'm really worried about is whether or not the Port Angelos scene will be there. I hate it when people do things that alter the plot too much, and that scene is just so crucial to everything. I know they're doing some non-book things, but as long as they keep it in check, I think it'll be okay.

i can't remember where i read it but i can ASSURE YOU WITH 100% POSITIVETY that the Port Angeles scene IS in the movie. I read an article with Catherin Hardwicke and she confirmed that it was in there....you can trust me by the way, i wouldn't say something like this unless i knew it was a fact :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

mlola619 wrote:i can't remember where i read it but i can ASSURE YOU WITH 100% POSITIVETY that the Port Angeles scene IS in the movie. I read an article with Catherin Hardwicke and she confirmed that it was in there....you can trust me by the way, i wouldn't say something like this unless i knew it was a fact :D
phew, thank god. that would really suck if they didn't include that. thanks for the info, i believe in your trustworthiness :)
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Yes, I read somewhere as well that Port Angeles is definitely there. There's also a video floating around on youtube somewhere of them doing some "car stunts" or whatever - aka the Volvo making a speedy entry and then swinging around to face the other way. Pretty sweet!
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
KristenPattinson
Settled in Forks

Post by KristenPattinson »

soozabooza54 wrote:Yes, I read somewhere as well that Port Angeles is definitely there. There's also a video floating around on youtube somewhere of them doing some "car stunts" or whatever - aka the Volvo making a speedy entry and then swinging around to face the other way. Pretty sweet!
Yes, I was googling different things last night and came across a blog by a girl who watched a lot of the filming of the Port Angeles scenes, both the restaurant scene, which she posted pics of, as well as the car crash scene, which I've watched the vids of on YouTube, and it looks seriously, JUST like I'd pictured it. The only thing that they definitely changed is that the Port Angeles restaurant is called "The Bloated Toad" evidentally because the property master found a carved wooden toad that he felt the need to incorporate somewhere in the film. Haha. But for the most part, it's all like I pictured. Oh, and the girl got to watch Rob and Kristen film the restaurant scene and said it was flawless.
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

haha yay! i'm glad someone thinks i'm funny. my brother just read the thing about carlisle and james and said it wasn't funny at all--then again, he's lame and has never read the books. so there.

^^do you have a link to the girl who has the pictures?
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3