A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Chapter 22 - Flight

Post by pennybug84 »

1) Gianna wants to be a member of the Volturi, knowing full well what they do. What is your opinion of her? I think the only reason she wants to is so that she'll stay alive so I don't dislike her. It's about self preservation.

2) Edward has a break through with his thirst. How did you feel this will impact their future? I thought it was cool now they can be close w/out anything happening

3) There was a stark contrast between the celebration outside and the reality of the nightmare. How did this impact your view of the vampire world? It didn't really.

4) Have you ever been reunited with a lost love. Were your actions cautious at first? Nope

5) Alice wants a Porsche 911 Turbo (Yellow). Does this car fit her personality? Why or why not? I have no idea because I know nothing about cars.

6) Do you forgive Rosalie for telling Edward about Bella without all the facts verified? At first I didn't, but now I have.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

1) Gianna wants to be a member of the Volturi, knowing full well what they do. What is your opinion of her?
I'm a little curious how she got the job to begin with, unless it's as Edward put it "join or die". But, I guess if joining the Volturi is the only way to live then she really has no choice in the matter. I suppose if I knew how she started working for them I would have a better understanding as to how I feel about her.

2) Edward has a break through with his thirst. How did you feel this will impact their future?
I felt that would have a positive affect on their future because he wouldn't have to work so hard to control himself. This obviously shows he loves Bella more than absolutely anything else in his life.

3) There was a stark contrast between the celebration outside and the reality of the nightmare. How did this impact your view of the vampire world?
It didn't really impact my view at all. From the beginning Edward was always honest about what he was and about what most vampires were actually like. It was a little ironic to see people celebrate Marcus considering what actually went on, but I guess that would just mean the humans aren't as aware as they would like to think lol.

4) Have you ever been reunited with a lost love. Were your actions cautious at first?
No, I've never been in that situation. However, If that love had ever hurt me the way Edward hurt Bella I would be cautious as well. I wouldn't want to put myself through the pain again if I didn't have to.

5) Alice wants a Porsche 911 Turbo (Yellow). Does this car fit her personality? Why or why not?
I totally think this fits her personality. The car is fast and it moves well. The color makes it stand out and is a happy color. Alice is just like that. She is fast, agile, and a very bright happy person.

6) Do you forgive Rosalie for telling Edward about Bella without all the facts verified?
I guess so. She probably should have waited to get all the facts from Alice and found a better way to tell Edward the news, but she did what she thought was right. When she found out what had really happened she felt bad and wanted to do whatever she could to make thingsright again.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

1) Gianna wants to be a member of the Volturi, knowing full well what they do. What is your opinion of her?
She wants to stay alive. She knows they'll kill her if they don't keep her.

2) Edward has a break through with his thirst. How did you feel this will impact their future?
It will make it easier for him to be around her - and she won't feel so bad about being around him.

3) There was a stark contrast between the celebration outside and the reality of the nightmare. How did this impact your view of the vampire world?
It didn't D:

4) Have you ever been reunited with a lost love. Were your actions cautious at first?
A bit, I kept a small distance from him until I knew everything was okay.

5) Alice wants a Porsche 911 Turbo (Yellow). Does this car fit her personality? Why or why not?
Yeah, exciting, over-the-top, bright, graceful yet fast, and good looking :)

6) Do you forgive Rosalie for telling Edward about Bella without all the facts verified?
nope! never.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

Now that I've read them all, I'm sure Chelsea just made her feel bound to them.
I figured she was just like the rest of us, and wanted to be a vampire. :roll:
And after figuring out her choices, dying was the only other option so...

..I just figured he wouldn't kill her after that, he'd welcome the feeling, I was happy it would be easier for them.
uhm..it amused me that all the humans were celebrating, and the person they will celebrating was a vampire hiding below them killing people.
*sigh* I wish, I've never been in love though.
YES!! Alice just seems to have a bright personality..and she really seemed to like that car.
Yeah, in the end it got them back together, and she didn't mean to, she just wanted him to get over her and come back, she never meant to hurt him like that or almost get them both actually killed.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I think she sees it as her only way to stay alive.

I think that Edward was in very good control even before this. I was never afraid of him. But maybe now it would not be so painful for him.

Not at all really. I knew that the rest of the vampire-world was not like the Cullens, so I wasn't surprised.

I'm still with my first love. Have been for years, so no..Never been in that situation.

Fast, colorful..Perfect for Alice.

Yes, but only since things worked out okay. She could have been responsible for the deaths of Edward, Bella and Alice. But I could tell that she really was sorry.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

The Volturi way of life seems to be the only one she knows of most likely, unlike that of the Cullens. Can't really blame her.

Make the relationship many times stronger.

Outside was more of the Hollywood aspect versus the one inside where everything actually happened.

Yes, all caution thrown to the wind.

Yeah, sure.

Her apology seemed sincere, so yes. She seems to becoming a bit more humanized.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
Reese1603
Settled in Forks

Post by Reese1603 »

I actually have no hard feelings against her. Obviously she was there against her will - there was no chance of escape for her and she knows it. She obviously doesn't want death - so she hopes for the best alternative. And she probably see's how the Volturi react to being a vampire, possibly it doesn't look as bad as it seems?

I think this is amazing. This shows how much he truely and deeply feels for her. I have my own theory on that - I tried to put myself in Edwards shoes and think like he thinks. I imagined the pain he went through while he was away, and then tried to imagine the pain he went through thinking she was dead. The entire time he was thinking she was dead, I imagined he thought of how she smelled and was probably wishing more than anything that he could smell that again, pain or no pain. When he finally was able to smell it again...even though he was in pain....it was probably the most glorious thing ever to him because that smell meant Bella was alive and with him. He would never think of the smell as torture again, for that very reason. The smell means that he is with the one he is meant to be with - his true love.

3) There was a stark contrast between the celebration outside and the reality of the nightmare. How did this impact your view of the vampire world? I wasn't paying too much attention to that. To me, the celebration was...human. Bella and Edward are so beyond "human" that those things just seem trivial. I am surprised that Edward was even able to pay attention to it, once they left. (when he made a comment about it). Maybe it was because he knew the danger was over, that he could relax. After all, I am sure he had no idea that Bella thought he was going to leave - all he knew was that they were together and they would never be apart again (as long as he could control it, at least).

4) Have you ever been reunited with a lost love. Were your actions cautious at first? NO experience of mine could compare. But I have been seperated from friends before....and the reunion is nerve racking because you don't know if things will be the same, despite how much you hope that it will be. From my experience, things are never the same after absence. And in this situation.....things did change.... (you know, the whole jacob thing, the whole abandonment issue thing with Bella....)

5) Alice wants a Porsche 911 Turbo (Yellow). Does this car fit her personality? Why or why not? YES! That's all I have to say about that.

Yes, I forgive her. I am surprised that Edward does so easily, but they are family after all. After all, rosalie finally realizes how much Edward really loves Bella - after she seen what extreme he would go to. When rosalie told Edward in the first place (ok, I am cheating a bit because I read the excerpt on SM website about the phone call from both Rosalie and Edward's perspective) But she thinks that it will help him get over it faster - that he'll come home and everything will be back to the "pre-bella" normal. NOt realizing that Edward is changed so much that things will never be the same. Its a hard thing to balance, understanding Rosalie, yet feelign angry with her at the same time.
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

a confused girl who doesnt know what she's getting into!

i honestly dont remember this, but i do think it would.

it didnt impact it very much. as long as the cullens exist, all is well in the world! :lol:

no i havent been reunited with anyone, but my moves would be very shy and cautious.

yes!! its totally alice!

not until i read her story in eclipse, then ive always loved her!
Betting on Alice.
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1) Gianna wants to be a member of the Volturi, knowing full well what they do. What is your opinion of her? She's discusting

2) Edward has a break through with his thirst. How did you feel this will impact their future? He loves her he would never hurt her. I wasn't thinking of the future at this point

3) There was a stark contrast between the celebration outside and the reality of the nightmare. How did this impact your view of the vampire world? Total craziness all those people oblivious to what lives in the tower

4) Have you ever been reunited with a lost love. Were your actions cautious at first? A long time ago went I thought i knew what love was. I didn't. Yes I was cautious I should have been cautiously running in the other direction

5) Alice wants a Porsche 911 Turbo (Yellow). Does this car fit her personality? Why or why not? sure does she's bright and elegant and quick

6) Do you forgive Rosalie for telling Edward about Bella without all the facts verified? I did forgive her after reading it for the 3rd time she didn't know he would react that way. The first time I read it I was thinking shut up B....!
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

She's either cruel, misled, or plain dumb. Wanting to be a vampire I can fully sympathise with; but wanting to be a member of the Volturi? Knowing that they take in 40 people at a time to kill, and she's a few feet away at a nice cushy desk? Wouldn't you be scared for yourself, or at least sympathetic for the people? And anyway, the Volturi, like Aro's little cult? Having to call him 'master' and bow down to his every word? No, thanks. Silly girl.

This will make things much better for them; if it's easier for him to control, both of them will feel better about being closer. Edward because he won't feel like she's at so much risk, now that he knows she holds a much higher value to him, and Bella because she won't feel as guilty.

It darkened it quite a bit! To see how they feed, and how much control they have... Being a lawless vampire seemed much better than having the threat of a royal family over you. It certainly adds the cloud to the silver lining.

Not in the same way that Edward and Bella were. The closest I ever came to it my actions were not cautious... I ran away in inexplicable terror and then felt stupidly embarrassed to the point of wanting to go back and hit him for making me embarrassed. But that's just me. :lol: I don't think my actions would have been cautious in Bella's situation.

Definitely! That car is Alice in motor form! Bright and cheery, smooth and sleek, tiny yet powerful, speedy but secure. 100% Alice Cullen. And "Yellow." is one of my favourite New Moon quotes, how excited and decisive she is. :lol:

Yeah, I did. Sure it was stupid, reckless and ignorant... But I don't think that she's spiteful enough to have done it for cruel reasons, and I do think she regrets it. I forgive her. And Bella's reasons for doing so made me giggle.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~