A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Preface

Post by LilyMorgana »

1) What were your first impressions of this section?
Confusion. I didn't really have a clue.

2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were?
I was too confused to have theories. I just assumed the confusion would end after I read the rest of the book so I tried to not think too much about this part.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?
Another vampire, Victoria maybe, but I didn't think too much of it at first.

4) Did you know right away that she was trying to save Edward?
Nope, I never imagined Edward being in need of a saviour.

5) Be honest, did you think Bella would fall?
I guess ...
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

It sounded like Bella and Alice were trying to save someone, I wasn't sure exactly who.

2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were?
I wasn't sure exactly where they were, but only someone Bella loved would bring her into such danger.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?
I figured it was some kind of vampire, not the vegetarian kind.

Not exactly. Edward is the one Bella loves most, so it would stand to reason, but could have been any of her family members.

Uh, yeah, I kind of thought she might. But I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. :D
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~ i was scared. i didn't know what was going on.

~i had no idea.

~another vampire, probably Victoria.

~ heck no! i figured it was someone who would actually "need" help.

~no, because she was obviously very focused on something.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

This definetly caught my attention. After reading Twilight I was pretty sure this would be the climax of the story. It made me want to keep reading.

I had no idea how she got there, but for some reason I thought maybe she was at an airport or something.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?
I figured there were vampires everywhere.

I figured she was probably trying to save him. Who else would Bella risk her life for?

I a sneaking suspicion that she might fall lol.
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

Confusion, mostly. But I'm usually kind of thinking 'Whatever, I'll have to find out later, right??'
I don't remember...it was over a year ago I first read it, and I was probably just too excited to be reading, but the sunlight and running and everything really got me confused.
Probably some evil bad nonvegetarian vampires like Victoria, James, etc.
..I don't remember..what would SHE need to save HIM from, instead of the other way around?? So, I don't think we really could have known until we actually read the book.
Not really, if it was that dramatic and important, a live or die moment, I really wasn't thinking of her tripping.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

dreaming

i thought she was dreaming so i didnt pay much attetin what i would think of where she was

vampires

no

yes
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I really got me excited to continue reading.

I had no idea, just that something terrible must have happened.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?

Some other vampires.

What confused me was that I did not think that Edward would ever be in need of saving. But I thought like some others have said also; that she did say that she was trying to save something more important than her own life, and that if she failed, she wouldn't care what happened anymore. And that had to be Edward.

No, because this seemed to be so important and Bella was so focused at this point.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

Well, as Bella was actually the one to save and not to be saved, I was very surprised. But then I went to the next page and thought that I will know what happened later, anyway. The prefaces are very fun, because when you are at the point to discover what it all means, you draw lines and understand everything.

I had no idea where they were.

A vampire, of course. And that he/she/they was/were hidden but that Bella knew he/she/they was/were there.

My guess was Renee, but this time for good. Or maybe Charlie. But I was nowhere near Edward.

I didn't think so at all. I knew this was far too important for her to trip, even with her being extremely clumsy.
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I had no real idea what was going on, actually. This was the first Twilight Saga book I read so I didn't know SM likes to use foreshadowing in the Preface.

No clue and... no idea!

Um, well I knew the book was about vampires so... a vampire!

Nope!

Hmm... well, again, I didn't know Bella's character that well when I first read it so I was neutral. But knowing what I know now about Bella's clumsiness, I can see how people would think she did!!

Image Image Image
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1) What were your first impressions of this section? I guessed Bella's was trying to save Edward from something.

2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were? I didn't give it much thought. I knew it was a clip from the book so I try not to put much thought into the preface

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to? Another vampire

4) Did you know right away that she was trying to save Edward? yes

5) Be honest, did you think Bella would fall? I hoped she wouldn't I kept saying don't fall over and over again.