Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 1 ~ Ultimatum

Post by sazykid »

1. Are Charlie's feelings toward Edward justified?
Seeing things from Charlie's point of view I think he is justified. Edward hurt his daughter, and Charlie feels the need to protect her from the person that hurt her. That is part of his job as a father, to protect his daughter.

2. Have you ever had a parent disapprove of a relationship?
They haven't disapproved of my relationships, but they have disapproved of my siblings relationship.

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacobs's message to Bella.
I think he was justified in writing the things he did because Bella hurt him. He feels the same way Charlie does about Edward at this point. However, I do think he could have just gotten a new piece of paper for the final note lol.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?
Yes, I do think he was being unreasonable. She is an adult and shes not stupid so he should respect what she wants to do. He also needs to remember that she was perfectly fine with warewolves while he was gone.

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women?
Hahahaha, sadly yes.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

Well, from Charlie's point of view...yes.

Yes, and now I see why. When we are young we don't always see clearly.

I do think it was a little childish, but I can also see where he is coming from.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?
Yes and No. I do see how he would be jealous and the whole them chaning w/o notice thing, but he has to think Bella spent alot of time w/ him when he was away.

My dad passed away when I was 5 so my memories of him aren't really clear, but I work w/ the elderly and yes they do gossip.lol.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Based on the knowledge that Charlie has, yes. He just knows that Edward left her there in the woods, broke her heart and put her in an awful state, and then just sweeps back like nothing has happened. Charlie doesn't know that Edward left because he truly thought it would be best, that he didn't write because he wanted Bella to move on and forget him(in his view, what would be best for Bella) and how much it hurt him. He doesn't know that Edward tried to kill himself when he thought Bella was dead. So with Charlie's limited knowledge, it is natural that he is negative towards Edward.

No

It wasn't surprising that he felt that way. He can't stand being around vampires, and believes that Bella shouldn't be either. Also he must be very disappointed that Edward is back. But I think Jacob needs to see the depth of Edward and Bella's relationship, and realize that he could never be more than a friend. So I think he should see how much his rejection is hurting her, and try to be her friend instead.

No, I understand his point. Everything he knows tells him that going to La Push means danger. The wolfs can be unpredictable if they get upset (just look at Emily, Sam loves and still she was hurt). And even if Jacob could be trusted not to hurt Bella, there is also the rest of the pack to consider. So I think Edward has a strong point. He has already almost lost Bella, and he can't go through that again.

Don't think so. I live far from my parents now, so I'm not around as much as I used to, so don't really know.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Immoratal_Love129
Settled in Forks

Post by Immoratal_Love129 »

i think charlie feels the way he feels because he saw how much bella was torn apart and destroyed by him, and doesnt want him to have that power over her again. he beleives that since bella began hanging out with jacob, she got over edward, and him comeing back only ruined what he saw as the saving grace for his daughter and setting her up for heartbreak again. to be fair, edward did hurt bella more then anyone thought capable, and as a father, charlies only thought and concern is to keep her safe and happy. as a man, he thinks in black and white. ( for lack of better word, simply. at lest thats how i perceive his charector ) he sees edward as the reason bella was shattered and jacob as the reason she was put back together. so when edward comes bak and ruins jacobs and bellas relationship, charlie sees only the black and white and hates edward.

yes. and lets just say id rather have charlie as a father, and face vicroria alone then have my parents right now

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacobs's message to Bella
first off, ( cynical me kicking in, beware!! ) isnt it kinda strange that instead of just throwing out the paper and writeing each new line on a new paper, he keeps the same paper amd scratches them out? isnt the reason that he scratched them out because they where wrong and he didnt want to tell her that? weird...anyway,a i think jacob is being stubborn and slightly mean. hes lashing out at bella because he wants her and he knows deep down that shell never want him too.

slightly. he is concerned about her safety so much that hes willing to make her unhappy inorder to make her safe. he can tell how much it hurts her to not c jacob, yet he does it still. werwolves are unperdictable, so he has a valid point. and on a few occasions, bella has been in grave danger from them, more then ever the cullens.

naww. they just sit around, drink beers, make jokes and whine about their wives
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Yes because of Twilight and how Bella left and ended up in the hospital.

yes

A little overbearing. a little pushy and immature.

No just careful, look at what happened to Emily. And Edward knows how emotional Jacob is with Bella like a ticking timebomb and he just wants to give it time so Jacob can get more control over who he has become.

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women?[/quote]
[/color]

No
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
sunnyshine
Settled in Forks

Post by sunnyshine »

I think so. That's his daughter and of course he would be nervous and not too happy about the things that were going on. It was obvious to him the huge life altering change that edward had on bella.

Yeah. Not as extreme, but yeah. It didn't so much effect my decision as it just made me take a step back and look at WHY they didnt approve in the first place.

eh...nothing about it surprised me.

I can see both sides. He just wants to keep her safe always and when she's away from him, he's anxious and worried.

For sure
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

I think, from what Charlie knows, they are. He's irritated that Edward can so easily make or break his daughter's day, and its natural for any dad to feel that way. Under the irritation and bad attitude is a seriously concerned father trying his best to look out for his daughter. I think that, in a weird way, its sweet.

Only once, and I wish I'd listened.

It made me sad, but I could understand his motivations. He didn't really want - at that point - to have any contact with Bella, and when he realized that she wouldn't leave him alone until he told her that he wanted to be left alone, he sent that note.

Yes. He should have put his own prejudices aside and trusted both Jacob and Bella. Jacob kept Bella alive in her darkest hours, and never once did he hurt her physically, even though he was far less in control of his newfound abilities at that time. Edward was being a d*ck and he knew it.

Hahahaha. No. At least, as far as I know, no.
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

1. Are Charlie's feelings toward Edward justified? Yes. This boy hurt his little girl. He does not want it to happen again.

2. Have you ever had a parent disapprove of a relationship? Yes a couple. They were pretty good about it tho. They were careful not to push me. They new I would just fight harder to see him.

I understood how he felt. He was a werewolf because of the vampires. He was resentful for that and that Edward came back and Bella chose to be with him after he had hurt her so bad.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push? Yes he was not there he did not see how Jacob was able to control himself around Bella or how he had protected her from Paul. I mostly thought it was really jealousy and he was using the unpredicatable werewolf as an excuss.

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women? No my dad is just like Charlie minus the gossipy friends. He prefers to be alone.
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

Yes. He has plenty of reasons not to like Edward. Bella was pretty much insane and dead for six months, she got in a lot of trouble becaue of Edward. I think he was totally justified, even if it's annoying.
..uh...relationship??? What relationship?
I didn't like Jake. So it bugged me that it bugged her. I also thought it was sad. But I didn't care about his pain.
Yes. I didn't want her to go either, but it was perfectly safe. Jake has never hurt her, he controls himself very well.
Uhm...I don't really know if he has a best friend..and he doesn't really gossip.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i think so. with what charlie has been through, i would react the same way. i feel bad for him!

no, but when they do it will not be pretty! :lol:

oh that just made it that much worse!! it was soooo sad!

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?'
unreasonable, but logical for edward. i think he was more scared for her safety than he was of her seeing jacob! :lol:

no. but i believe bella when she says billy and charlie do! :lol:
Betting on Alice.