Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

J. Jenks and Max

Post by Nena »

This is the place to discuss J. Jenks and Max.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Re: J. Jenks and Max

Post by y3nd0 »

I wonder why no one has anything to say about J. Jenks...?

Well, I absolutely found him to be hilarious. I don't know much about Max, since he was only in the book for such a short time, but J. Jenks was pretty funny. :) Especially whenever he would mention Jasper. I can picture him as the kind of guy that would start sweating up a storm if he was told to do something he didn't want to do. :P
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
Mrs.EdwardCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by Mrs.EdwardCullen »

I thought that Max was pretty hilarious. :lol: He was all hitting on Bella... then he found out that she was married!!! :D "Married. Dang." Hilarious. And what about J???? I thought that that was kinda akward how at first he thought that Bella was Jasper's wife. CREEPY. I kind of looked like this when he said that: :shock: .... WOW. And Jasper must have screwed J. Jenks up! "Mr. Jasper," this and "Mr. Jasper," that. I would have loved to see his reaction when Jasper was mentioned. Maybe something like, :!: . Or something more like, hmm, let's see, SWEATING BULLETS!!!! :D But all together they were both pretty funny.
Here's the code:
Jacob: "I told you so."
Bella: "Did you know that I told you so has a brother? His name is shut the hell up."
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

J. Jenks and Max were actually eye-openers for me, as odd as that sounds. After Bella's transformation, even after she's been described and Edward had told her she was gorgeous and whatnot, she was still "just Bella" to me. After hearing them describe her as looking like a super model it made me stop and rethink my "just Bella" image of her and add confidence and pearly-marble-whiteness and grace to her and all of a sudden I was struck by Bella. Seriously, I don't know if Stephenie meant for them to have that effect on her readers, but either way, it worked.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

I was so confused when Alice left the note about J. I had no idea what the hell was going on until Max told Bella about the papers. Honestly, I was conpletely confused. Normally, I get some sort of idea to what might be going on, but this time I was completely in the dark. Max is hilarious. At first, I was afraid that this was going to be like the Port Angeles thing with the short, dark guy. I was like, Bella, why must you be so stupid? Always getting into to trouble when your husband--squee!--is not around to save you. Then, I realized that he was just Max, just sitting there to fill her in. I thought J's reactions to everything were hilarious, too. The way he was sweating and freaking out just because she was a Cullen. I like them, though. They were really cool for minor characters.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Post by y3nd0 »

WishIWasACullen wrote:J. Jenks and Max were actually eye-openers for me, as odd as that sounds. After Bella's transformation, even after she's been described and Edward had told her she was gorgeous and whatnot, she was still "just Bella" to me. After hearing them describe her as looking like a super model it made me stop and rethink my "just Bella" image of her and add confidence and pearly-marble-whiteness and grace to her and all of a sudden I was struck by Bella. Seriously, I don't know if Stephenie meant for them to have that effect on her readers, but either way, it worked.
I do like your thoughts! After I read your post, I guess I realized it also had the same effect on me. After Bella's transformation, we never really got an "outside" look at Bella. The only people that saw her were other vampires, Charlie, and Jacob. But for a stranger to see Bella and get such reactions... very new and fresh.
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
steph
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by steph »

I thought the same thing! I think it also opened her eyes to see how truly gorgeous she is now, inside and out...it helped her realize that shes not just the same girl she used to be. I thought max was absolutely hilarious when he was describing her to J. Jenks, you could tell he hadnt ever seen anyone like her and didnt know what to think.
Lizardpolisher
Settled in Forks

Post by Lizardpolisher »

I'm rereading Eclipse and I noticed something. On page 279 they mention an Omar Jenks. He was killed in Seattle by the newborns. Could J. Jenks and omar Jenks possibly be related? Or is it just a coincidence? His dad perhaps?
Anna
Settled in Forks

Post by Anna »

Awh, I wish the epilouge scene with Max was included =P He's so cool. I kind of laughed when he suggested Bella was with the mafia xD
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

Max was a cool charactyer, and I know both him and J. Jenks were involved in illegal activity, but I thought they were a little too dramatic, like in the movies. In reality, to me, they wouldn't be so dramatic about illegal activity, just secretive. But having them in the story was a nice touch.