General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Aubrey Carlson
Settled in Forks

Re: Vampire Special Talents

Post by Aubrey Carlson »

Bella's power sounds reasonable, when clearly explained, but to me is seems a bit Mary-Sueish.

And then hearing about all those vampires with special powers was strange, especially with Benjamin. I really have no idea what he'd been doing in human life to get that power. So basically for my fanfiction, I could have, let's say a female vampire, that could literally kill everything thing, including someone's powers (Bella's for example). She got that from her human life when she could wish for someone's death, and it'd happen eventually. I even saw in one fanfiction about vampire that could control time. When Stephenie presented Benjamin with his power, she made all those powers possible. Before i just skipped over those stories, because I couldn't imagine human trait that could produce ability like that.

Those vampire powers are bit questionable and I'm beginning to believe that Stephenie forgot her rule about powers.

*I'm not sure if this post had any sense? Hmm, hopefully someone would understand it*
Is this Clarice? Oh, hello Clarice.... I've been in state of hibernation for too long, I need some action, Clarice...
vampluv78
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by vampluv78 »

Genevieve wrote:heartscreams, hahah yeah i get what you mean.
Lunna-san wrote: I'm curious about something. Did Victoria had some special ability? Because in the vampires index she's indicated as gifted, but I don't recall what kind of power she had.
i asked this before as well, someone told me its her ability to escape. something edward mentioned somewhere about 'she has this uncanny ability to escape..'
vampluv78 wrote:when bella extended her shields to include everybody why couldn't edward hear her thoughts?
i think it said somewhere near the end, that when she extends her shield, its always the shield protecting her AND the rest, but never just protecting the rest alone. that was why she had such a hard time trying to take the shield away from her due to survival instincts so as to allow edward inside her mind at the end.
hope i made sense?
thank you!
[Image
LinkinParkMcCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by LinkinParkMcCullen »

Benjamin's power would definitly be the coolest out of all of the powers. Control of the elements would be awesome. I like the idea of controling fire myself. :twisted:
ImageImage
edsbestfriend
Settled in Forks

Post by edsbestfriend »

Controlling the elements would be amazing but what use is it if your blind have no sense or are rolling around in pain id much rather have a power like Janes. Bellas is amazing though considering that most of the powers discussed in the series are those of the mind it makes her incredibly powerful and obviously gives her the power to let Edward inside her mind which i thought was a great idea of Stephanies. :D
Didyme:
Settled in Forks

Post by Didyme: »

Aubrey Carlson wrote:Bella's power sounds reasonable, when clearly explained, but to me is seems a bit Mary-Sueish.

And then hearing about all those vampires with special powers was strange, especially with Benjamin. I really have no idea what he'd been doing in human life to get that power. So basically for my fanfiction, I could have, let's say a female vampire, that could literally kill everything thing, including someone's powers (Bella's for example). She got that from her human life when she could wish for someone's death, and it'd happen eventually. I even saw in one fanfiction about vampire that could control time. When Stephenie presented Benjamin with his power, she made all those powers possible. Before i just skipped over those stories, because I couldn't imagine human trait that could produce ability like that.

Those vampire powers are bit questionable and I'm beginning to believe that Stephenie forgot her rule about powers.

*I'm not sure if this post had any sense? Hmm, hopefully someone would understand it*

Benjamin's power gave a lot of stuff for people to think about, a lot of new possibilities for vampire powers. That boy must have spent his life out in nature to receive a power so odd, brilliant, and even then the leader of the Egyptian Coven was reprimanding him, saying that he raised him and created him specifically that way. I can't really imagine how hard that must have been, how much planning that guy did to get Benjamin that really weird power.

She had a rule for powers? Anyway I agree that it would now make sense for a vampire to have an ability such as minor time control of the control of life for another; if someone were to spend a lot of hours calculating time and managing time I guess that person would be able to control time if they were a vampire. It could also make sense that somebody could kill another with their power just by wishing people were dead when they were humans. It's all a little mind boggling, but fun to think about.

On another note, does anybody have a clue as to Didyme's power?
♥♥ The Lost Heart
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

Jazz's power totally pwns!
ColormeBSG
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

these are my favorite powers (from least to greatest):
8.Maggie (I think it's somewhat funny =))
7.Benjamin (I absolutely love his powers for some reason)
6.Jane (I think it's cool and yet very scary)
5.Kate (I would love to shock people...lol)
4.Jasper (I would love to have my own personal emotions controller)
3.Edward (very useful)
2.Alice (very useful)
1.Bella (extremely useful and good because you can protect others as well)
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
Aubrey Carlson
Settled in Forks

Post by Aubrey Carlson »

On another note, does anybody have a clue as to Didyme's power?
Didyme's power was (directly fro Stephenie's site): she carried with her an aura of happiness that affected everyone who came near her.

Sounds bit like Jasper's power :D
There's FAQ on Breaking Dawn, and Stephenie explains what happened to Didyme. You can check it out.
She had a rule for powers?
Well not actually her, but Carlisle had some theory, of my memory serves me well... (but I'm still looking at it like a rule that Stephenie set.)
Is this Clarice? Oh, hello Clarice.... I've been in state of hibernation for too long, I need some action, Clarice...
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I think that Bella's power was no surprise... but I was getting scared at first that she wasn't going to get a special power.

But maybe when Edward was a human he heard voices. :o
That would make sense. lol.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

twilighter4eva wrote:i really want to know what Benjamen did while he was a human to get his power! his is ... wow!
Maybe he was a nature freak hehe
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3