Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #9

Post by December »

And the discussion of Rob as Edward STILL continues....

Thanks for the good work not burning through your thread too insanely fast. A reminder to anyone new:
please try and keep the one-line, IM-type chat to a minimum! If you have something really funny to say, and one line is what it takes, go for it! But try and stay away from posting just for the sake of saying "hi I'm still here" or "I'm sooo bored...". We want to try and keep the Lex a message board and not a chat room. It's a pain for your fellow posters to find half a dozen pages of chitchat to wade through since they last checked the thread.

It also helps if you only quote the stuff you really need for your reply, and cut out the rest. When people quote a whole long post full of nested quotes to just add a couple of lines of comment, it takes up an awful lot of unneeded space!
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #9

Post by ForJazz926 »

Niner. Suh-weet.
Jazz Girl wrote:The funny part is I have actually heard an interview with him (the youtube artists series with Haley from Paramore, I think) where he was totally ripping himself up one side and down the other for not being able to do that. I wanted to shake him and say, "Are you crazy? Do you know what you do to us just with those beautiful things!!!"
I thought when he said that he was referring to how hard it was to "act with your eyes" while he was wearing the contacts. He said something about how it was like trying to see with big orange blobs in the way.
Last edited by ForJazz926 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
allieb
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by allieb »

NEW THREAD SMELL!

FINALLY. lol.
well im on the first page yay! kay rob related.

ROBERT PATTINSON IS A GOD.
E<3B .::. APPC-Team Alice .::. Sheila Delucci- Mafia .::. RANDIE REGULAR SINCE #11
He's just going to get ruined by women. .::. Where's Efron?.::. QUADRUPLETS: Syd Nar & Cocoa
Caitygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Caitygirl1 »

Jazz Girl asked which scenes I think will be Rob's best..

I think he did a really good job with the more emotional scenes rather than the action packed ones In Twilight. I agree that he does seem to have a way to communicate with his eyes and he displays emotions very well....

Therefore.. I think he is going to SHINE in Eclipse. This book has Edward upset over Jacob, worried about Victoria, anxious to keep Bella human, and scared to think he may loose the girl he loves. Clearly Edward has a lot of emotions in this book and I think Rob will be able to capture tham all and show us all what he has to offer. I also think the breakup scene in New Moon will be good for him. I want to see his eyes turn from liquid to solid as Bella sees them do as he tries to hide any and all emotion from her than he may be feeling.
A simpler place,
where love was defined in simpler ways.
One plue one equals two.."

Team Edward -- Dazzling since 1918
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Oh! Forgot to answer that other question way back in the other thread. I love that question.

Caitygirl - I agree with a lot you said. The eyes: liquid to solid. He already did that in Twi - when he and Bella are standing together in the hospital hallway! He goes from "you hit your head - I think you're confused," to "can't you just thank me and get over it?" His eyes are TOTALLY different. It will be even more awesome in New Moon.

I too, think Eclipse will be his best. I cannot WAIT for that scene where they are camping out overnight, and Jacob has to come into the tent. And then the conversation between Edward and Jacob. Woah! He will have to be tortured and defeated and IRATE at the same time. In the morning, when Bella wakes up and asks Edward for a "little help," and then Edward says, "do you want me to take his arms all the way off?" and has that little smirk on his face - then ends up throwing Jacob into the tent pole. That will be awesome. I just can't wait to see him interact with Jacob more - acting like a combination between a jealous boy and a man who is too noble for his own good.

Image Image
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

Yay for #9!! We talk about Rob entirely too much...but I'm okay with that. :D

Okay, I'm gonna go back and catch up on what I missed at the end of the last thread...
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!
SuperVixen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SuperVixen »

Any NYC ladies want their man to have the Rob do? LOL I came across this ad on craigslist today and am tempted....

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/zip/1058430529.html
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Ok ladies, so I saw this on the New Moon thread and just had to post it over here for you all. Don't get too excited, they're just fan manips but I think they're pretty good. Make me even more excited for the real thing. And here I didn't think that was possible!

I (obviously) like the Edward poster much much better than the Bella one. (Too bad that's not his real body!) But I would still feel that way even if Kristen didn't annoy the bejesus out of me. (Even though I doubt that's really Kristen, but you know what I mean)
Image Image
allieb
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by allieb »

heyy Julie and Nike and SuperVixen (sorry names are evading me lately....).... oh and now mandsss.

i cannot wait for new moon. lol. and i think that no matter how hard i cry... the scene where he leaves will be the best... or one of the best.... and yes.... i will cry.... for sure.

and in eclipse... Julie.... i have wanted to see that scene for real since i knew it existed. as in a couple of years ago.... jeez i lovers it.

hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

ROB IS MY LOVER!! lmao. i wish of course. :D :lol: 8-) :P ;) :twisted: :| :mrgreen:
E<3B .::. APPC-Team Alice .::. Sheila Delucci- Mafia .::. RANDIE REGULAR SINCE #11
He's just going to get ruined by women. .::. Where's Efron?.::. QUADRUPLETS: Syd Nar & Cocoa
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

Mandy! I saw the Edward New Moon manip the other day on a fansite and got really excited because I reeeeaaaalllyy want to see the real thing now. That's how I imagine a buff Rob...with slight definition and so damn yummy looking but now too bulky at all. Wow. I love it! I can't wait to see what Rob really looks like after he's been working out and stuff. Mmmm. :twisted:
I hadn't seen the Bella one but I really like it. It's very haunting, sad, and eerie in a way. It reminds me a lot of the line from the book... "If I stopped looking for him, it was over. Love, life, meaning...over. I walked and walked. Time made no sense..."
I love those few lines.
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!