Huelin

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Re: Huelin

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I think Huelin was definitely a nice woman...nice enough to take care of a creature that bit her and gave her terrible pain and killed her sister.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:I think Huelin was definitely a nice woman...nice enough to take care of a creature that bit her and gave her terrible pain and killed her sister.
I agree! :)
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
katthegreat11
Settled in Forks

Post by katthegreat11 »

I have one problem with this character. She loved her sister. She didn't like vampires. She didn't want to be a vampire. She raised her nephew to love his mothers and be sympathetic to humans and yet she hunts humans? She had burgandy eyes? So her and her nephew, through it all, hunted humans? That is sort of distasteful and doesn't make sense to me. Did they not knew they could survive otherwise? Did they choose to be vegetarians after that?
Very good point...

Here is a nice analogy (which may or may not be an accurate representation). Let's say you love cows. You have a pet cow that follows you around like a dog, you live on a very humane dairy farm, and you never want to eat red meat. However, the doctor says you have to eat red meat or you'll have a deficiency of some kind (I am honestly no expert, this is just a metaphor, don't be a hater). So you can either be really sick and not eat red meat that you get at the grocery store that is from cows that you have never met, or you can eat the meat and live longer with your pet cow.

And that was a really dumb analogy. Sorry guys.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I felt that Huelin should have asked to stay with the Denalis or the Olympics. That would be cool and maybe "shudder" Renesmee would get over Jacob and go over Nahuel.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
mikkib
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mikkib »

katthegreat11 wrote:
I have one problem with this character. She loved her sister. She didn't like vampires. She didn't want to be a vampire. She raised her nephew to love his mothers and be sympathetic to humans and yet she hunts humans? She had burgandy eyes? So her and her nephew, through it all, hunted humans? That is sort of distasteful and doesn't make sense to me. Did they not knew they could survive otherwise? Did they choose to be vegetarians after that?
Very good point...

Here is a nice analogy (which may or may not be an accurate representation). Let's say you love cows. You have a pet cow that follows you around like a dog, you live on a very humane dairy farm, and you never want to eat red meat. However, the doctor says you have to eat red meat or you'll have a deficiency of some kind (I am honestly no expert, this is just a metaphor, don't be a hater). So you can either be really sick and not eat red meat that you get at the grocery store that is from cows that you have never met, or you can eat the meat and live longer with your pet cow.

And that was a really dumb analogy. Sorry guys.
I get what you are saying but you know, they eat dogs in certain parts of th world. I am no vegetarian but if you offered me that vs eating dog, I would eat veggies. The thought of munching a sweety loyal lab is just not something I could handle. The aunt knows that the mom ate animals during the pregnancy. Why didn't she see that as an option for when you aren't pregnant. I feel mild guilt about eating meat, not enough to stop of course, but the day the cows and chickens learn to talk and express fear about dying, I am sure I would have to stop eating meat. It just seems sort of cold and weird that they can feel like they do and then still hunt people. I mean, the vampires that truly don't care like the Volturi, that makes sense, but if you care about humans, how could you?
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i really loved this character! she was so loving and caring to take care of her sisters baby, even after and experience like that. i wanted to know more!
Betting on Alice.