Teenagers Unite ~ IX

blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: Teenagers Unite ~ IX

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

You can't change the mind of one who is determined to remain the same.

I know it's an important quote from someone dead and famous but can't think of who. Grrr, know any headache cures that don't involve pills, we're out?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
allieb
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by allieb »

Tips
If you feel that indoor air pollution is causing your headaches, using indoor house plants will eliminate the most common household pollutants, including formaldehyde, benzene (from cigarette smoke), and acetone (from nail polish remover). The potted plants purify the air by metabolizing the pollutants their leaves draw in. Try Boston ferns, azaleas, dragon tree, dumb cane, peace lilies, dwarf date palm, rubber plants, philodendrons, king of hearts, lady palm, pot mum, spider plants, and English ivy.

Take a hot shower and run the water on your lower back and neck. This will help relax the muscles and improve blood flow to the head. This is an excellent remedy for tension headaches. You can also use a heating pad.

Have someone massage your neck and lower back. This will have a similar effect as the shower.

Acupressure is a good pain relief technique. Place one finger on a spot halfway between your eyebrows and another finger directly above, on the top of your head. Apply gentle pressure and hold for two minutes. Another pressure point is the soft fleshy pad on your hand where the bones of your thumb and index finger meet. Apply pressure for two minutes.

Acupuncture is very effective for relieving headaches. However, we suggest you try to find the actual trigger for them so you can avoid them if possible. A report in the British Medical Journal revealed that subjects who had several days of severe headaches each week and had up to 12 acupuncture treatments over the course of three months, had 22 fewer headaches per year, used 15% less medication, made 25% fewer visits to their regular physician, and were absent from work 15% less than the control group. This latter statistic should be very interesting to all businesses!

As mentioned below, breathing is very important to eliminating headaches. So many people don't breathe deeply enough, and are thereby cutting off the supply of blood and oxygen to the brain. Follow the techniques discussed below.

Exercise will help increase your circulation, and this causes more blood and oxygen to get to your heart and brain. Exercise gets you breathing more than you do in your normal daily routine, and should be part of any wellness program. Anything you can do to increase circulation will greatly benefit your headache problem. Exercise, breathing, and supplements such a arginine, magnesium and cayenne pepper will aid in boosting your circulation.

Relax! Although this seems obvious, tension is one of the major causes of headaches. Practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing to help calm your inner self. Lie down where it is quiet and inhale for the count of eight; exhale slowly; do this several times until you feel yourself relaxing. Draw your breaths deep into your belly.

Another way to help relieve tension headaches is to sit in a chair; tense all your muscles; hold for a second or two, then release; take three slow, deep breaths; close your eyes and imagine yourself completely at ease, calm, and serene; keep still for ten minutes.

If you have throbbing temples, try using an ice pack or a bag of frozen vegetables on your neck. If you don't have anything frozen, use a cold towel. Ice therapy is a good remedy for migraine relief. Place an ice pack behind your neck, on your forehead or temples and lie down for five or ten minutes. The ice will numb the pain and reduce the inflammation, thereby allowing more blood to flow.

As mentioned above in the discussion about dehydration, a lack of water is a primary cause of headaches. In addition to aiding expansion of blood vessels, water will help cleanse the colon and kidneys of any accumulated toxins, thereby helping them to function better. Another organ, the liver (and gallbladder), should be cleansed as well, as, over time, it gets an accumulation of toxins and cholesterol. Once your organs are functioning at their best, many times headaches and other ailment cease. At some point we will have protocols for cleansing your organs, but in the meantime do a search on the Internet.
i found this on health911.com
i dont know who creditable it is.... but yeah.... excersizing always helps me
E<3B .::. APPC-Team Alice .::. Sheila Delucci- Mafia .::. RANDIE REGULAR SINCE #11
He's just going to get ruined by women. .::. Where's Efron?.::. QUADRUPLETS: Syd Nar & Cocoa
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

It's more of a sudden migrane from nowhere, but thatnks, that's really helpful. Monster headaches run in my family.

Do you get headaches a lot? and also where is everyone who's not in bed or at Youth Group?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
allieb
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by allieb »

yeah.... i get them a lot too. its like rideckk.... but i get like these stabbing pains.... yikeeesssss

and i have nooooooooo clue. they ditched us..... le sigh
E<3B .::. APPC-Team Alice .::. Sheila Delucci- Mafia .::. RANDIE REGULAR SINCE #11
He's just going to get ruined by women. .::. Where's Efron?.::. QUADRUPLETS: Syd Nar & Cocoa
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I'm baaaaack. Wow, I only missed a page!
I had to have dinner. Girls on Hell's Kitchen are drunk on Saki.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
allieb
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by allieb »

scoreeee..... drunk girl chefs...
thats what i wanna watch!
blasphemous_contessa

Somehow I got a mental image of a hundred girls in miniskirts and chef hats leaning on kitchen equipment and drinking. That doesn't sound very safe OR sanitary
allieb
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by allieb »

bhahahahahahaha. sounds like my high school.
sooooo true. its not even funny!!
blasphemous_contessa

They wore chef hats and drank in the kitchen?

My school had a dress code, not a uniform just a really strict dress code.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Bleh... next year I have to wear uniforms. :roll: And my school is really strict about alcohol/drugs. (not that I'm planning on using either) but if you're even lingering at a party where either is present, there is about a 75% chance you'll be expelled.

I'm going to bed... bye everyone!!

<3 Gnat
List, Gnat ♥