Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Bellsuz wrote:I asked my sister if he came back, she looked me straight in the eye and said, "Nope." Believe me, when I got to the part when he was back, I called her and gave her a piece of my mind!
:lol: Have to admit, I did something like that to my friend. She called me when she was reading the part where Bella threw up the chicken and demanded "can vampires have babies?"
I, of course, replied. "No! Their bodies can't change...." I rambled on just enough to throw her off :lol: Bad, I know, but I wanted her to be surprised, and she kept asking too many questions ahead of time, lol
Bellsuz wrote:During Breaking Dawn I couldn't even finish reading without knowing what was happening. I caved and read a summary on Wikipedia so that I could enjoy the book without having a panic attack :)

Does that sound crazy?? Oh well!!
Nope, not crazy. Personally I had to read it for myself, but I understand why you did. I was having a panic attack, for the vast majority of the book :lol:
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bellsuz »

I couldn't help looking it up when I thought she was pregnant! I kept trying to skip ahead in the book but nothing made sense. I felt like a cheater but I just couldn't take the pressure :)

I swear, when my sister told me Edward didn't come back I was so close to writing off Twilight and all it's glory! There can be no Twilight without Edward!!

(Unless Stephenie wants to continue on with a Jacob/Nessie story, then thayt would be cool.)
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Definitely no Twilight without Edward.

I would LOVE a Jake/Nessie book, but to me it would be a sort of "spin off" series. Not Twilight. Of course I'd still love it :D

Yeah, don't blame you for reading ahead, I almost/sort of did that with New Moon too. A few times I very subtly flipped ahead to see if I could just catch something he was saying, I knew if I saw his name with a " near it, I would be ok. I sort of did, but I made sure it was too fast to really ruin too much, so I wasn't 100% positive, but it was a slight reassurance :lol:
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
edwardYbellasiempre
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardYbellasiempre »

These books are obviously jammed full of these moments!

A little rambling first. I am team Edward...but I totally like Jacob. If you read the thing that SM has on her website about how Jacob is actually feeling...it is easier to learn to love him. I think the relationship b/w Jacob and Bella is wonderful mostly because it helped them both through really hard times in their lives. Yes I wish she would not have kissed him back! But like SM said the fact that she acknowledges that she is in love with Jake....but yet NEVER doubts that she wants to be with Edward really proves how much more intense her love and bond is with Edward.

Okay so thankfully by the end of BD you (well I don't anyway) hate Jacob....in fact I grew to admire and love him.

Now that all my silly rambling is out....let me present a very simple moment that literally caused me to put my book down and CRY!

Edward to Jacob on page 723 of BD
"Goodbye, Jacob, my brother...my son."

Just typing it grabbed my heart! I love how it all came full circle!
peacelovetwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by peacelovetwilight »

For me personally the most heart stopping moment was when Bella and Jacob kissed in the forest before the fight with the Newborns in Eclipse.
I am Team Edward and that moment made my heart sink. I mean I like Jacob too but I just couldn't help thinking that Edward was going to walk through the trees at any moment and see them kissing :?.

The second nerve wracking moment was probably Bella rushing to save Edward in New Moon. Although it would probably have been a bit more heart stopping if I hadn't already flicked to the last page to see if Edward came back :lol:. I just couldn't cope with not knowing what happened :D
Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed vampire stalker- Edward Cullen
Edward Cullen used to be my ideal guy. Then Robert Pattinson came along. Now Edward's number two.
livelove&twilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by livelove&twilight »

peacelovetwilight wrote:For me personally the most heart stopping moment was when Bella and Jacob kissed in the forest before the fight with the Newborns in Eclipse.
I am Team Edward and that moment made my heart sink. I mean I like Jacob too but I just couldn't help thinking that Edward was going to walk through the trees at any moment and see them kissing :?.
i definietly agree and when i first came to the lex i checked out the timeline and found out that part actually happened on my bday i am now convinced my birthday is cursed day
peace.love & twilight
lovin them cullen boys :D

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Oh, that kiss between Jacob and Bella never sat well with me either! I liked Jake and I felt for him because he was the odd guy out, but that part made me VERY upset with him. How could he lie that way?? Manipulate Bella that way?? It wasn't very cool, in my opinion...

Thank you Naureen!!
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bellsuz »

peacelovetwilight wrote:
The second nerve wracking moment was probably Bella rushing to save Edward in New Moon. Although it would probably have been a bit more heart stopping if I hadn't already flicked to the last page to see if Edward came back :lol:. I just couldn't cope with not knowing what happened :D

I know how you feel :D (see a couple of posts back about my "cheating" experience. I felt bad about it, but like I said, I couldn't take the pressure of not knowing.

It's good to know we're not alone!

Oh...I just thought of another one. My stomach sank and heart ached after the night in the tent with Edward/Bella/Jacob. When Jacob realizes that Bella and Edward are engaged he howls in wolf form. My heart breaks for him! I am totally team Edward but I have a soft spot for Jacob too and when he overhears them that morning its pretty heartbreaking!
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
revrag
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by revrag »

Well, I love all the books, but I think my favorite is New Moon. I mean, it brings you from a high to the lowest possible low and then to the highest of highs again. I didn't cry when Edward left, but that hole that Bella describes was in my heart and chest as well. I seriously couldn't take a deep breath. And, I did have to skip ahead just to see if he returned and I've never had to do that on any book before that. I didn't enjoy it the first time I read it, well, that's not true. I did enjoy it, but it was a rushed enjoyment and I let virtually nothing sink in. I've read it several times since and have come to really appreciate it.

But, as far as heart stopping goes...when Edward does come back in New Moon and says, "I'm a good liar, Bella, I have to be." Oh my dear goodness. I just knew he was going to tell her how much he loved her and I just couldn't read it fast enough.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

one for me was definitely when Bella was figuring out that she was pregnant. I was like what the?! how does that happen? definitely didn't expect it & so I had to keep reading to find out what was goin on.

and then when Bella had Renesmee and Edward was fighting to save her life it was so frustrating because it was from Jacob's pov and after he left the room we didn't know what was going on & how was Edward doing in saving Bella? since there was still what half the book left I knew she must have been okay but it was still nerve-wracking waiting to get to the point where we find out what happened and Bella is okay & her baby is okay.

there are more (especially in BD) but those are the two that came to my mind right away.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson