Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Movie Inconsistencies?

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss anything in the movie you feel is inconsistant with the Twilight universe as we know it from the books.
mrshawk wrote:Just wondering why at the end of the movie when Bella and Edward are at the prom, he can't sense that Victoria is so close? The rage in her mind must be very loud and shouldn't Alice have seen her there? Anyone think that's weird?
Although a very nice setup for a sequel, this is a valid point. Do you think the screenwriter and director overlooked the fact that Edward should have been able to hear her? Or is Edward's mindreading abilities something they purposefully left out? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember his mindreading being told about in the movie, or Alice having visions for that matter.)
Banner by urcoolcarrie
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Edward actually does mention it, during the restaurant scene, he says "I can read every mind in this room, apart from yours..." And later in the movie, when Bella is in teh hotel with Jazz and Alice, she has a vision of a "room full of mirrors"

So those are mentioned, which makes Edward not noticing Victoria that much more impossible *sigh* Oh well
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
shinyredvolvo
Settled in Forks

Post by shinyredvolvo »

Yeah, thats a really good point. Edward should have been able to hear her thoughts.

What about the fact that Victoria went to the school and got Bella's address in AZ. Is that how it happened in the book? (Guess its time to re-read it! haha I can't remember the little things) But anyway, I thought they chased her out of Forks. I feel that if she went back into town to go to the school then, they would have known it since they where keeping such an eye out for her! I could be way off, but it seemed a little odd. :)
the color Edwards car would be if Alice picked it out
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:Edward actually does mention it, during the restaurant scene, he says "I can read every mind in this room, apart from yours..." And later in the movie, when Bella is in teh hotel with Jazz and Alice, she has a vision of a "room full of mirrors"
You're right, I remember now that you mention them. It's been too long since I've seen the movie.
shinyredvolvo wrote:What about the fact that Victoria went to the school and got Bella's address in AZ. Is that how it happened in the book? (Guess its time to re-read it! haha I can't remember the little things) But anyway, I thought they chased her out of Forks. I feel that if she went back into town to go to the school then, they would have known it since they where keeping such an eye out for her! I could be way off, but it seemed a little odd. :)
Yes, that's the way it happened in the book. Victoria was back in town and Rosalie and Esme were following her. I think Edward tells Bella all this in a phone call while she is in AZ.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

My biggest pet peeve about the inconsistancies: Emmett was eating!! And I think Rosalie was too, but I'll have to wait for the DVD to come out to know for sure. But that really bugged me.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

debussygirl wrote:My biggest pet peeve about the inconsistancies: Emmett was eating!! And I think Rosalie was too, but I'll have to wait for the DVD to come out to know for sure. But that really bugged me.
Oh yes, I seemed to remember that. I think Edward was eating something at the scene when they sat down at their table in the cafeteria.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

No- he was picking at his food, but I don't think we ever see Edward putting anything in his mouth.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I suppose I can't talk about everything that they left out, because not only is it obvious - but it's totally normal when you have a book-to-movie. Yet I really would have liked to see a little more flirtation from Bella when she was walking with Jake. To make it seem more like a relationship was developing, for one - and also to show how badly Bella wanted the info from Jake, and how hard it was for him to give it to her.

And YES - Victoria being at prom bugged me SO much. I really think they could have just showed her skulking through the woods to give off the same impression that she was planning on getting revenge.

Another thing that bugged me was how easy it was for Bella to get away from Alice and Jasper. They completely would have seen her walking by them in the lobby and getting into a cab.

When Renee delivers the line "he never leaves" when Bella is in the hospital asking about Edward...she just says it as if she's reassuring Bella. In the book, it is way more interesting, because Renee is marveling over the fact that this boy seems to be in love with her daughter, and wondering about the intensity. It's when we first get to see how intuitive Renee is.

Image Image
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

Bronze Haired Girl wrote:This is the place to discuss anything in the movie you feel is inconsistant with the Twilight universe as we know it from the books.
mrshawk wrote:Just wondering why at the end of the movie when Bella and Edward are at the prom, he can't sense that Victoria is so close? The rage in her mind must be very loud and shouldn't Alice have seen her there? Anyone think that's weird?
Although a very nice setup for a sequel, this is a valid point. Do you think the screenwriter and director overlooked the fact that Edward should have been able to hear her? Or is Edward's mindreading abilities something they purposefully left out? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember his mindreading being told about in the movie, or Alice having visions for that matter.)
ok so edward probably just wanted to focus on bella and he has mentioned that he can try and block out other people. also hes also mentioned in nm that when he first met victoria he focused so much on what james was thinking that he didnt even pay attention to her. proving he can block stuff out.

and with alice not seeing it..she doesnt see everything especially no one was in danger.

however, i also find it annoying she was there.
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

It's going to be difficult to block out someone thinking something like "that girl should die."

Not to mention he would have smelled her. :)