Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
amethyst
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by amethyst »

pharmer4 wrote: Lastly, out of interest, how many of the people who don't like Kristen playing Bella are male?
I don't think she'd have much problems with the guys . . . Kristen is so beautiful. That's like asking the girls if they have a problem with Rob playing Edward. The face comes first, then the acting. ahahahaha, in most cases that would be accurate.

But also, keep in mind that recently Kristen has needed a slap on the face and I am sure if Rob was acting as stuck up as her, I would have recommended the slap too (I LOVE ROB just so you know *melts*)
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

amethyst wrote:
pharmer4 wrote: Lastly, out of interest, how many of the people who don't like Kristen playing Bella are male?
I don't think she'd have much problems with the guys . . . Kristen is so beautiful. That's like asking the girls if they have a problem with Rob playing Edward. The face comes first, then the acting. ahahahaha, in most cases that would be accurate.

But also, keep in mind that recently Kristen has needed a slap on the face and I am sure if Rob was acting as stuck up as her, I would have recommended the slap too (I LOVE ROB just so you know *melts*)

Well, my point is not the fact that guys would like Kristen because of her looks, but that girls would NOT like her for various other reasons.

It has been my observation over many many years of being around the female population (I have 3 males in my day-to-day life - all my family in town are female, and I work in a pharmacy . . . . . . ) that girls will dislike girls until they find a reason to like them, where as guys will like any person (in general) until they find a reason to dislike them.

So, as far as the role of Bella goes, I think no person could have fulfilled the role to the satisfaction of the female fans any better than Kristen does.

I am taking all of the criticism of Kristen with a grain of salt for this reason - the fandom is mainly girls, and as a general rule, girls dislike other girls by default. The other reason i am taking it with a grain of salt is because when it comes to propaganda and "who said what", the press in general can't be trusted, because they make money out of headlines and sensationalism, and the entertainment media especially can't be trusted for this reason.

Never mind the fact that she did a great job, her portrayal of Bella is believable and endearing, and her half-sentences and mannerisms (which other people have criticised) are very much the behaviour you would see in adolescent girls, especially those who are confounded by a profound love for someone they've only just met.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

pharmer4 wrote: It has been my observation over many many years of being around the female population (I have 3 males in my day-to-day life - all my family in town are female, and I work in a pharmacy . . . . . . ) that girls will dislike girls until they find a reason to like them, where as guys will like any person (in general) until they find a reason to dislike them.
Wow, isn't that so true? My friend (male) uses a great "brick wall" analogy. When a girl meets a person, there is no wall at all, and as she gets to know things about the person she likes, she adds bricks to it. However, when a guy meets a person, the brick wall already exists and as he finds out negative things about the person he removes bricks. I've always thought that was a good way of putting it.

Image Image Image
Devious Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Devious Cullen »

Kristen hasn't been acting stuck up, she's been her usual self depreciating and honest self. Comments have just been taken out of context and misconstrued/misinterpreted as happens on a daily basis in the press.

It has been confirmed that Kris is in Vancouver, so if you're in the area be on the lookout. Filming is getting so close! YAY.
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

Why is everyone thinking that she's pompous or stuck up? She isn't from what I've seen. Kristen just gives her God honest answer and doesn't care what people think about her when she says it because Kristen is staying true to herself...hope I'm close in the least. I mean, how many of you would conform to something and feel like you can't do one thing different because it'll give you a bad rep or something? Well, she isn't even in that conformity and she can say what the heck she can, so people should just shush.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
sillyme
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sillyme »

I don't know where I read it but someone had mentioned in an interview that she also has this different sense of humour, and this I TOTALLY get! I can be an extremely sarcastic person, and my comments have been taken out of context way too many times (and that's never a good thing in a work place), and my sense of humour is something that a lot of people don't get. I've been told that I come across as standoff-ish and whatnot, but that is never my intention. So I can kind of relate to Kristen in that way - kind of. I mean I can say things that I don't mean and are taken literally and out of context, or sometimes the attitude that I put out there makes me come across as a rude person...I don't know, you can't really blame someone for that - for being who they are.
^^made by the lovely ForJazz926!
akire

Post by akire »

Jazz Girl posted this over on the Rob board and I loved it so I'm blatantly stealing it to post here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ude1PQEa0DA

So, based on this video and/or the Twilight movie in your head, what part/scene/emotion are you most looking forward to seeing Kristen portray in the NM movie?

Image Image Image
mizzou
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mizzou »

the part where she goes and stops edward from revealing himself...i think the expressions and emotions involved in that scene will be like whooooa., very nice. haha.
I met Ashley Greene & Peter Facinelli on February 7, 2009. :D
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Good one, mizzou. I'm also looking forward to the scene after they come back from Italy, and Bella starts crying because she thinks she's dead. I thought that part was adorable!

And not that I don't adore Rob/Edward and am not completely excited for his part in New Moon, but I'm so excited to see her emotions change with Jacob. I am excited to see that chemistry and how that all unfolds - even though I don't think anything could be as electric as her chemistry with Rob. It's just something different, and I can't wait to see her range.

Image Image
akire

Post by akire »

Ooohh, I know what you mean about looking forward to seeing her emotions towards Jake change! I can't wait to watch Kristen (as Bella) try to figure out if Paris is a good enough substitute for Romeo :)

Image Image Image