On one of my many rereads:
1. Did you relate to Bella right away? If so, what part of her did you identify with?
The normalcy of her actually gave me a sense of relation with her. I can also relate with the separation of parents and the moving thing, which was cool.
2. What were your first impressions of Renee and Charlie?
Renee, I thought she was the typical mom, worry wart. I liked Bella's comments of her about how she was neurotic and flighty. I wanted to get to know her better. As for Charlie, I didn't know what to think. He seemed like the awkward dad that you go and visit on the weekends, but I sort of liked him from the start.
3. What were your first impressions of the friends Bella meets?
I thought they were all rather annoying. I could tell Bella wasn't one of those personable people that wanted friends to be all over her the first day. I didn't like Eric nor Mike, but Jessica seemed slightly normal at first.
4. Were you scared or intrigued by Edward?
I was definitely intrigued. I was just a little bit confused, but seeing as how I knew that there was a vampire in it, I knew he would be the vampire. The second time around, knowing more about Edward, I found him extremely easy to understand.
5. What did you think of Edward's odd behavior?
At first, I thought he was a jerk, just like Bella thought.
6. Did this chapter hook you on the book or were you still trying to see what the fuss was?
I wasn't hooked at the first chapter, but it was very easy to read after the first 30 pages flew by that the next chapter sort of just flowed right in.