General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FrenchGirl
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by FrenchGirl »

Adrienne wrote:I know that there are theories that Jacob and Bella were so attached during her pregnancy bc of Renesmee but I didn't feel like it was. I don't know if it's been confirmed or not (if so someone please speak up so I can get it right :)) but I thought Bella not being able to let go of Jacob as a human weakness. Edward told Bella that it was okay that she loved Jacob too, she was only human (so I assumed he was referring to it as a weakness.) I always measured the love that a vampire has for another the same way as imprinting. Just as killing the person a shape-shifter imprinted on is unforgivable, so is when someone kills a vampires lover. Jasper mentions that it is the one thing their kind does not forgive. When one of the shape-shifter imprints, Jacob describes it as a a blind man seeing the sun for the first time. When Edward describes his love for Bella *MS SPOILER* he says that it was like the sun rising in the middle of his midnight.* So when Bella is transformed, she realizes that she loves Edward even more than she did before, that her human heart was not capable of containing that much love. Jacob was even about to shift, feeling the tremors in his body, and then he looked into her eyes. Idk but I think for imprinting it has all to do with looking into the other person's eyes and then you see them in a new way.
I think Jacob still loved Bella during her pregnancy. His feelings for her have not change. But I think Bella needed him so much near her because of Renesmee. Even before her birth, she was able to think, to understand what's going on and to love Bella (as Edward realizes). So she was able to love Jacob already. After Bella's transformation, when she understand that Jacob had imprinted on her daughter, Jacob said something like (sorry don't have my copy) : do you remember how you needed me just a couple of days before ? It was her (Remesmee). You don't feel this need anymore, do you ?"

So my theory : during the pregnancy, Jacob loves Bella as before. Bella loves Jacob only as a friend (because she's now happily married, pregnant...) but Renesmee messes up her feelings for him. After Nessie's birth and Bella's transformation, Jacob imprints on Nessie and Bella loves only Edward passionately. Bella and Jacob are just friends and everything is prefect.
"I coveted you." His smile darkened. "I had no right to want you -- but I reached out and took you anyway. And now look what's become of you ! Trying to seduce a vampire."
Edward, Eclipse, p.454-455
NelCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by NelCullen »

I have just read MS (sorry Stephenie but I can't wait for you to finish it) - and I know its a draft but did anybosy else notice that there is no chapter 10? not that the story skips, so most likely a typo and that the last chapter is unfinished? in Twilight there are another 9 pages.

I just really wish Stephanie would finish it - even in its draft form it has the potential to be the best book in the saga!

I have my suspicisions that since the release date for the official guide has been pulled that we might get it in August this year - and maybe MS in August the following year - or maybe I'm just hoping ...
"But you see, just because we've been ... dealt a certain hand ... it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above - to conquuer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted"
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

NelCullen wrote:I have just read MS (sorry Stephenie but I can't wait for you to finish it) - and I know its a draft but did anybosy else notice that there is no chapter 10? not that the story skips, so most likely a typo and that the last chapter is unfinished? in Twilight there are another 9 pages.

I just really wish Stephanie would finish it - even in its draft form it has the potential to be the best book in the saga!

I have my suspicisions that since the release date for the official guide has been pulled that we might get it in August this year - and maybe MS in August the following year - or maybe I'm just hoping ...
I'll hope right along with you, NelCullen! SM stated that this manuscript had a lot of mistakes and of course, was unedited, so I'm not surprised by typos. But, boy, if what we see in this manuscript is just a taste of what the finished product will be, then whoa, it is going to blow Twilight right out of the water!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

1) Is there a thread on Midnight Sun?
Last edited by chowzinha on Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

There are a lot of threads on Midnight sun. They're in the sub-forum, Odds and Ends.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

1) Does anyone have any idea of why would the vampires need at least a whole day to go hunting? I believe they are fast enough to run back and forth (or even drive on their super fast cars). They could really just go and hunt during night, couldn't they?

2) And about their thirst... does anyone think there is a kind of quota like one human or two human, or mays 2 to 3 bears (or any large animals), or maybe 10 to 12 deers (or any small animal) per meal? If a vampire is just mildly thirsty, could they stop in the middle of a human blood drinking because they are satisfied?
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

1) Good point, I thought that too - and why can't they hunt at night?
Maybe the Cullens used that as an excuse to seem less suspicious - absent for a few hours is hard to keep explaining to their school/work.
Maybe they wanted to go far away, using cars to seem less suspicious again, so it took a while to get there and back.

2) I think there would be just the vamp senses to tell them, like us, when we've had enough, so if they had had enough blood, they might stop in the middle of feeding.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

chowzinha wrote:1) Does anyone have any idea of why would the vampires need at least a whole day to go hunting? I believe they are fast enough to run back and forth (or even drive on their super fast cars). They could really just go and hunt during night, couldn't they?
As -Jasper said, part of that is because they sometimes have to range pretty far to get what they want, and/or to make sure they don't impact the local predator population (recall when Edward discusses hunting with Bella in the cafeteria at school). Sure, they could run there and back, but having a car gives them an added measure of security if something happened. ("Why hello campers! We were just passing by...") And they sometimes do hunt at night (the first example I can think of is in Midnight Sun, when Edward goes out to hunt and Carlisle accompanies him).
chowzinha wrote:2) And about their thirst... does anyone think there is a kind of quota like one human or two human, or mays 2 to 3 bears (or any large animals), or maybe 10 to 12 deers (or any small animal) per meal? If a vampire is just mildly thirsty, could they stop in the middle of a human blood drinking because they are satisfied?
To the second question, no. Definitely not- at least, not for Twilight vampires. Remember that once they taste that blood, the urge to feed takes over- that human is going to be completely drained.

As for the first question, not really sure. I don't think any of the books actually specified a certain number of anything when they hunted or fed. The closest I can recall it getting there is in Breaking Dawn, when Edward takes Bella out for her first hunt. She took down the mountain lion, then a buck, and while she fed on that Edward took two deer down in the meantime. She mentions hunting more after that, but it seemed to be more for practice. So, based on that, probably two to three large deer or big cats per hunt? (Which lasts them over a couple of weeks, I think.)
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

Here goes another one: since Edward is able to hear thoughts, can he hear someone dreaming?
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Yes. We see an illustration of this in Midnight Sun, when he passes by Charlie's room and is able to catch the edge of his dream.

(SPOILER ALERT!)
Charlie's snores were loud and even. I could almost catch the edge of his dream. Something with the rush of water and patient expectation... fishing, maybe?