1. Bella is surprised and touched that Charlie put snow chains on her truck because she isn't used to people taking care of her. Later on we know that Renee called Bella hysterical to have her come home yet Renee wasn't in Phoenix. Given all of this what were your impressions of Renee?
Scatterbrained, for the most part. I think it's obvious that Renee loves Bella a lot, despite Bella being the one to look after her, and her motherly side comes out when Bella is hurt. Only because she's so worried about Bella, generally scatterbrained and distractable, she didn't stop to realise that Bella going home wouldn't help anything, seeing as she'd be alone there.
2. The accident is the first great action scene in the book. Did you get all the details right in your head the first time, or did you realize you missed finer points when Bella thinks about the accident later?
It was a bit of a confusing blur to me. I had to read through it a few times before I totally understood it.
3. What did you think about Charlie's response to the accident?
It added onto my impression that Charlie is quietly concerned; like with the snow chains on her truck, he thinks about her a lot more than she realises, even if he's too embarrassed to show her. I thought it was sweet.
4. This is the first time we meet Carlisle. What were your first impressions?
Aha, I loved him! I thought he was lovely. One of my favourite Twilight quotes comes from meeting Carlisle, when Bella says: "My intuition flickered; the doctor was in on it."
5. Did Edward's cool and even sarcastic comments regarding the accident intrigue you or frighten you?
Neither, because I'd already read Dark High Noon, so I understood his thought process behind the words. Probably more frighten than intrigue, though, because I knew that it meant he'd be leaving her alone, and it's enough to drive me into an anxiety attack when Edward leaves. I was a wreck reading New Moon.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head. "You truly are one frightening little monster."' ~APPC~